Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Had he saved Earth-1 Laurel, then she and Black Siren would've both become sick later on, because doppelgangers could no longer co-exist on the same Earth. We saw that in Batwoman with Alice and an AU Beth Kane. The Bat Team actually opted to save the AU one, but she was murdered before Alice would've died.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Crisis was definitely a waste. They put everybody on the same Earth and then didn't do anything with them. S&L may as well be it's own Earth. Especially considering how Supergirl ended. All they seemed to do was ruin Smallville (more) and cancel half their own JL. The only good thing to come out of it was the Earth 96 Superman and we'll never get to see him again anyway.

This, all this
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Had he saved Earth-1 Laurel, then she and Black Siren would've both become sick later on, because doppelgangers could no longer co-exist on the same Earth. We saw that in Batwoman with Alice and an AU Beth Kane. The Bat Team actually opted to save the AU one, but she was murdered before Alice would've died.
    We know that they didnt go by any defined rules. Supergirl had a whole entire bar of doppelgangers that werent getting sick because it wasnt a thing on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We know that they didnt go by any defined rules. Supergirl had a whole entire bar of doppelgangers that werent getting sick because it wasnt a thing on Supergirl.
    Honestly I just assumed the doppelgangers all died off-screen.

Supergirl DID address it. Remember the extra Brainiac 5s?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    The shows just lacked creativity, and the tone were all over the place. Arrow tried to be dark but just seemed so forced.

Supergirl, Arrow, Flash had so many bad episodes.

I feel that Legends of Tomorrow was the only one that just embraced the silliness.
    I'll admit it - the sillier LoT got, the less interested I became. I don't mind embracing the "comic book" silliness, but Legends was just goofy.
    Still far from the worst CW show, which was Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'll admit it - the sillier LoT got, the less interested I became. I don't mind embracing the "comic book" silliness, but Legends was just goofy.
    I think there are some who would probably put Batwoman's 3 seasons over the past few seasons of The Flash (setting aside season 8).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there are some who would probably put Batwoman's 3 seasons over the past few seasons of The Flash (setting aside season 8).
    Eh, maybe, but at least The Flash had gone seasons. Batwoman started off bad and only got worse as it went along.

At least that's just on the writers. I actually liked all the actors and characters if I have to say something positive. But the writing was some of the worst in the whole Arrowverse, and it didn't have goodwill from earlier, better seasons.

(For some reason I especially liked the take on Batwing, least whenever he wasn't going through his own drama.)

I'm still extremely disappointed in BW. I went to bat extremely hard for that show during it's promo run and w couldn't make it past the first 2 episodes.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Supergirl DID address it. Remember the extra Brainiac 5s?
    No they didnt. The other Brainys CHOSE to give up their corporeal forms to go live in the big brain so they could feel like they're home. They didnt get sick. Pretty sure there was no mention of getting sick.

Eh, maybe, but at least The Flash had gone seasons. Batwoman started off bad and only got worse as it went along.

At least that's just on the writers. I actually liked all the actors and characters if I have to say something positive. But the writing was some of the worst in the whole Arrowverse, and it didn't have goodwill from earlier, better seasons.

(For some reason I especially liked the take on Batwing, least whenever he wasn't going through his own drama.)
    I think Batwoman is the kind of show that started out rough but got better as it went along.

Of course it had more then one rough start for production issues reasons, but I don't think the writing was particularly terrible even if it strained logic at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Batwoman is the kind of show that started out rough but got better as it went along.

Of course it had more then one rough start for production issues reasons, but I don't think the writing was particularly terrible even if it strained logic at times.
    Well, agree to disagree. Glad that this show is finally dead.

My girl, DINAH Laurel Lance, was micast, miswritten, mistreated, tarred, feathered, dragged through the mud, rain and coals on that show. It's like they wanted the viewers to hate her and I refuse to acknowledge their OC.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    My girl, DINAH Laurel Lance, was micast, miswritten, mistreated, tarred, feathered, dragged through the mud, rain and coals on that show. It's like they wanted the viewers to hate her and I refuse to acknowledge their OC.
    You, and the others that have said as much, are not wrong. At all. Probably the biggest sin of the Arrowverse, in all honesty.

On a side note, still surprised they didn't really try to do something in the comics with Sarah Lance/White Canary. About the only OC from the Arrowverse that not only worked, but widely liked.

They should've stuck to their OG plan of Sara being Ravager and having Laurel be BC by end of the season. Instead of blind siding KC with someone else being cast as BC. MG was MESSY. I've never seen a bigger sabotage to a character than Dinah Laurel Lance.