Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Looking at the Flash:

The fact that the Flash has NEVER faced off against the Rogues is (to my fanboy mind) unforgivable.
    Wally West was a complete waste of time. You could remove the character from the series entirely and it wouldn't make a lick of difference.
    Making Savitar a future version of Barry was another HUGE missed opportunity.
    The constant murdered mum rammed down your throat got old quick too.
    While Godspeed's costume looks fantastic, the storyline about him was BORING as hell.
    Well, at least not as a group.

Yeah, he's faced them individually. But Heat Wave and Captain Cold joining the Legends meant they couldn't form the Rogues team. What would they have done, made Golden Glider the leader?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Arrow
    1) Hated the overuse of Batman-references (only one that I was okay with was Deadshot, cause at least he had a rivalry with Diggle).
    2) The Ollie/ Felicity Love-Interest didn’t feel earned enough at S3; I actually like Felicity and Ray as a couple
    3) Wish we saw more League of Assassin characters than what we got (characters like Sensei, Lady Shiva, Cheshire etc)
    4) Not a fan of Arrowverse’s Count Vertigo (either of the two)
    5) Killing Laurel Lance was BEYOND STUPID!
    6) There were a lot of supporting cast that I wished stuck around (like McKenna Hall and Sin)
    7) We had Jean Loring and Kate Spencer in the show… AND THEY WENT NOWHERE WITH THEM (we could have had Jean and Ray meet, or establish Spencer as a Manhunter)

Flash
    1) Overuse of Speedsters as Big Bads (Reverse-Flash, Zoom and Savitar)
    2) We never got a full Rogues team (and we have had all 8 original members in the series)
    3) Losing Patty Spivot that early in S2 was a disservice; she was amazing
    4) Wally being sidelined and forgotten is insulting (he was my 1st Flash as a kid)

Legends of Tomorrow
    1) Hated how they merged Vandal Savage and Hawkman villain Hath-Set together; Savage is cooler than that!
    2) Still don’t forgive them killing off Leonard like that!

Astonishing Member

A minor quibble - Spectre Ollie should have worn the green short shorts and the gloves under the cape and hood. The cape over his duds looked stupid.

The complete violation of criminal law by the Flash team and Star labs private prison was stupid also. Flash forgetting his powers all the time - dumb. I never liked Ray in a tiny Iron Man suit - should have been the classic Atom get up and powers - and use them.

Thea was underused and Roy was an idiot.

In Arrow that a band of ninjas could take over a city and street people with clubs fight them off - stupid. The whole take over a city plot so common in DC is stupid. Hey, Look up in the Sky, It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a B-2. Here's JDAM for you and the 82nd Airborne.

Try to take over a TX city with a band of ninjas and find out why every few blocks there is a sportings goods store full AR-15s and Glocks.

Extraordinary Member

I stopped watching around Arrow Season 4 and Flash Season 3, respectively, so this may seem a bit odd.

1. Not using either the Lazarus Pit or Mirakuru to explain Ollie's survival after his first duel with Ra's, and not making Malcolm's scheme to drug Thea be a Xanatos Gambit. There were two separate, cool but compromised ways to have Ollie come back from losing to Ra's, and all sort of ways that could have been made into a better arc than the kind of weird miasma we got instead - maybe Ra's controls an out-of-his-mind Ollie form that moment on, or Malcolm manipulates Ollie, or maybe Ollie has Mirakuru hallucinations and Slade shows up for a brief ironic reversal for an arc. And honestly, Malcolm should have revealed his reasons for drugging Thea to kill Sara was all about getting a win-win scenario where he either got revenge on Oliver or got Ra's off his back.

2. They should have made Laurel Black Canary sooner, with the metahuman scream, and kept her alive. If she started outshining Oliver by being too cool in comparison, just have her join Legends of Tomorrow alongside Sara.

3. The fact that they never did some kind of variation on The Return of Barry Allen with Wally in Legends of Tomorrow is a huge missed opportunity - just imagine how great it would be to give Grant Gustin a chance to play a young, obsessed Thawne and ot show Wally getting a maturation point (Yes, Wally overall was a missed opportunity.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Arrow
    1) Hated the overuse of Batman-references (only one that I was okay with was Deadshot, cause at least he had a rivalry with Diggle).
    2) The Ollie/ Felicity Love-Interest didn’t feel earned enough at S3; I actually like Felicity and Ray as a couple
    3) Wish we saw more League of Assassin characters than what we got (characters like Sensei, Lady Shiva, Cheshire etc)
    4) Not a fan of Arrowverse’s Count Vertigo (either of the two)
    5) Killing Laurel Lance was BEYOND STUPID!
    6) There were a lot of supporting cast that I wished stuck around (like McKenna Hall and Sin)
    7) We had Jean Loring and Kate Spencer in the show… AND THEY WENT NOWHERE WITH THEM (we could have had Jean and Ray meet, or establish Spencer as a Manhunter)

Flash
    1) Overuse of Speedsters as Big Bads (Reverse-Flash, Zoom and Savitar)
    2) We never got a full Rogues team (and we have had all 8 original members in the series)
    3) Losing Patty Spivot that early in S2 was a disservice; she was amazing
    4) Wally being sidelined and forgotten is insulting (he was my 1st Flash as a kid)

Legends of Tomorrow
    1) Hated how they merged Vandal Savage and Hawkman villain Hath-Set together; Savage is cooler than that!
    2) Still don’t forgive them killing off Leonard like that!
    In their defense, I think a big part of the Wally stuff is because the actor didn't really want to do it anymore. At least that's what I remember hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    In their defense, I think a big part of the Wally stuff is because the actor didn't really want to do it anymore. At least that's what I remember hearing.
    Yeah, it's why he left Legends.