Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They should've stuck to their OG plan of Sara being Ravager and having Laurel be BC by end of the season. Instead of blind siding KC with someone else being cast as BC. MG was MESSY. I've never seen a bigger sabotage to a character than Dinah Laurel Lance.
    Gotta love that "organic" storytelling.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember Amaya only using, like, two different animal powers in her entire time on the show. And one was just a gorilla she spammed all the time.
    They could have cheaped on her powers and just had an animal sound effect happen in the background when she used the appropriate power, instead of the CGI animal image, and it would have been fine, IMO. It's not like the animal image is necessarily even a part of the comic characters powers (since she's been shown using elephant strength / etc. without a giant elephant appearing super-imposed over her). That way they could have squeezed in quite a few more power showings, by not spending all that money on squiffy looking CGI.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    On a side note, still surprised they didn't really try to do something in the comics with Sarah Lance/White Canary. About the only OC from the Arrowverse that not only worked, but widely liked.
    A large portion of that is how amazing Caity Lotz was, and I'm not sure that would translate over to the page. I remember the scene where she hops on Ollie's salmon ladder and does a few bars and I'm like, 'how did this actress end up being Black Canary's *sister?*'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A large portion of that is how amazing Caity Lotz was, and I'm not sure that would translate over to the page. I remember the scene where she hops on Ollie's salmon ladder and does a few bars and I'm like, 'how did this actress end up being Black Canary's *sister?*'
    I think Sara in the comics would become too defined as "Black Canary's sister" when it was the other way around in the Arrowverse.

You, and the others that have said as much, are not wrong. At all. Probably the biggest sin of the Arrowverse, in all honesty.

On a side note, still surprised they didn't really try to do something in the comics with Sarah Lance/White Canary. About the only OC from the Arrowverse that not only worked, but widely liked.
    In the comics, does it make sense that Dinah's never mentioned having a sister?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the comics, does it make sense that Dinah's never mentioned having a sister?
    Never stopped the comics from expanding on that kind of thing before. Emiko being Oliver's half-sister being an example of a surprise sibling (she hasn't been around that long).

Astonishing Member

You, and the others that have said as much, are not wrong. At all. Probably the biggest sin of the Arrowverse, in all honesty.

As far as I can tell, certain shipper groups in the Arrowverse fandom serious overstepped the mark and made the comics writing pool and editorial loathe to touch anything deriving from the Arrowverse after Rebirth

There’s also the more than mild embarrassment that Arrowverse ended up being the only thing consistently flying the DC flag for a long time thanks to the DCEU eating itself

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As far as I can tell, certain shipper groups in the Arrowverse fandom serious overstepped the mark and made the comics writing pool and editorial loathe to touch anything deriving from the Arrowverse after Rebirth

There’s also the more than mild embarrassment that Arrowverse ended up being the only thing consistently flying the DC flag for a long time thanks to the DCEU eating itself
    Best to ignore the hardcore shipper groups in general and do the story right.

Never stopped the comics from expanding on that kind of thing before. Emiko being Oliver's half-sister being an example of a surprise sibling (she hasn't been around that long).
    At least with Emiko it was only one parent in common (though the Arrowverse adaptation of her switched it to the other parent as Thea had already been given the same origin before Emiko's introduction in the comics). Sara and Laurel were full siblings, not half siblings. You'd have to change Sara's backstory.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

LoT became a clown show, Supergirl became a political preacher with a ridiculous premise of crowds of aliens all of a sudden showing up. The Legion was so misused. Naomi stunk from the beginning with the Superman stunts line and a bunch of male actors that were stuffy, pompous, full of mystery reveals (now that's original) and a yawn of a plot. She would have been better off in the standard Arrowverse time line.
    Flash just fell apart, esp. when they ditched classic Tom and just kept cranking out evil speedsters plots and more and more team members that were a yawn. Batwoman - never watched.

Arrow and Superman and Lois held up with better acting and plotting.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

At least with Emiko it was only one parent in common (though the Arrowverse adaptation of her switched it to the other parent as Thea had already been given the same origin before Emiko's introduction in the comics). Sara and Laurel were full siblings, not half siblings. You'd have to change Sara's backstory.
    Her backstory would already change because she wouldnt have disappeared on a boat with Oliver as her lover. With so many reboots DC does, they couldve easily slipped in Sara.

Flash was good in the first couple seasons, Legends was cool for a good while, Arrow and Supergirl suck, Black Lightning is one of the best superhero shows ever made.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Looking at the Flash:

The fact that the Flash has NEVER faced off against the Rogues is (to my fanboy mind) unforgivable.
    Wally West was a complete waste of time. You could remove the character from the series entirely and it wouldn't make a lick of difference.
    Making Savitar a future version of Barry was another HUGE missed opportunity.
    The constant murdered mum rammed down your throat got old quick too.
    While Godspeed's costume looks fantastic, the storyline about him was BORING as hell.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Making her a time-displaced relative of Dinah is the only thing I can see working.

Doesn't retcon anything, no surprise sibling reveal, and it nods to Sara being a legend.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Making her a time-displaced relative of Dinah is the only thing I can see working.

Doesn't retcon anything, no surprise sibling reveal, and it nods to Sara being a legend.
    Yeah, like a first cousin or something. Easy enough to explain, can still have the same surnames, and doesn't hurt anything else.