Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There are some excellent free downloadable pdf books on face and figure drawing here, ACEGUY:

http://illustrationage.com/2013/04/0...ion-downloads/

They're public domain "how to" books by Andrew Loomis, a real life Don Draper (ie 60s commercial artist/advertising man) and include some great sections on anatomy, expression, figure pose and balance, drawing multiple characters in perspective and so on. All very relevant to superheroes and narrative comics in general.
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

You know, one thing about superheroes, I realize the comic book artists merely draw according to anatomical details, then draw on the lines and other details that makes the costume. And that makes them people in tights. I see it as a shortcut... it beats drawing drapes and other details of clothes on bodies. As a friend commented, it's like drawing body paint. So those who draw well-shaped armor and clothing with body are more advanced and wide-ranged in drawing skills. Well, that's just my opinion anynow.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleWithTrebles View Post
    If that has worked for anyone who has been paid more than $75 per page of pencil art, then yes.
    Yes, it works. It's worked for decades. It's one of the major reasons why most superheroes wear simple skintight costumes instead of more elaborate things. The costume is just a nude figure with lines drawn on it. Color, a few fold indications and boots complete the illusion.