Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

"Escapade, whose real name is Shela Sexton, is a trans mutant who can instantaneously switch physical locations with another person or trade any specific physical or abstract attribute such as possessions, organizational status, skills, superhuman powers, and even situations! Escapade is only able to maintain the power for a few hours at a time a time and must be within seven feet of her target, and the more complex the switch, the higher the chance of a mishap.

Luckily for Escapade, she has an invaluable partner at her side, her tech-savvy best friend Morgan Red, along with a tool belt containing an arsenal of stolen tools and devices. Together, Escapade and Morgan tear through the Marvel Universe as professional thieves, stealing from criminal and corrupt organizations...until a meeting with Emma Frost and Destiny changes the course of Escapade’s life forever."

"Fans can look forward to Escapade’s return in the fall in a special story arc of NEW MUTANTS guest-written by Anders."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...escapade-debut
    Kudos for this new character, we'll see what develops. the power set, as described, sounds rather confusing.
    trade any specific physical or abstract attribute such as possessions, organizational status, skills, superhuman powers, and even situations!
    Trading locations is one thing. (is it a dual teleport, or is she switching her brain into another's body for a while?)
    There's aspects of this that sound like Prodigy, who also had the power to absorb knowledge & certain traits.. yes? But "possessions... organizational status... situations"... yeah, that would have to be shown and explained a lot more.

But hopefully they can have a team showcase to show actually how the powers work.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Like we really have close to no trans rep in x-books right now, like we barely have any trans characters besides Jessie Drake who coincidentally also showed up in last years pride comic, but, Marvel isnt even using her. Honestly there’s nothing wrong with marvel creating a new trans character, literally at this point the more the merrier.

The only downside is that shes dressed hideously, hopefully her encounter with Emma brings us a new wardrobe as well
    This.
    And I thought the description of her powers very confusing. Would someone care to clarify?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This.
    And I thought the description of her powers very confusing. Would someone care to clarify?
    She needs to be in 7 feet of a person to:

1. Swap literal positions with them (Eg. if someone is about to get crushed by a rock, she will be in their place and they will be in her previous place)

2. Be able to swap or take away their possessions from them without physical contact (think Paige's powers from the original Charmed)

3. Swap knowledge, skills and organizational status with them (I guess, like if she is close to Scott and uses her power on him, she can be a leader and he will be a rookie?)

4. Swap powers if the other person is 'superhuman' (so even non-mutant superpowered people?)

5. Swap situations (This is slightly vague and wild, but I'm guessing it's something like if she is close to Sinister's Moira clones, then SHE becomes Sinister's prisoner instead of the Moira clones?)

The hitch is her swaps wear off after a few hours, and the more complex the situation, the higher the chances of things going south. Sounds interesting.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-13-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I liked the twist they gave Paige's power with teleportation as her form of Prue's telekinesis.

Anyway, wrapping my head around that power, feels like teleportation but also reality warping for some of those effects.

The complex = issues seems like it's designed as limitation, risk, and comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I liked the twist they gave Paige's power with teleportation as her form of Prue's telekinesis.
    I always found it a pretty cool power as far as relatively simple powersets go. Surprised there isn't a mutant with that kind of teleportation version of telekinesis unless I'm forgetting someone?

Anyway, wrapping my head around that power, feels like teleportation but also reality warping for some of those effects.

The complex = issues seems like it's designed as limitation, risk, and comedy.
    She's pretty much useless in terms of long range combat so I'm not sure these extra limitations were needed but still sounds potent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Look at the solicits it's like love our "traditional" white predominately male characters and for the other go get some x-men or find them in one place in the main line.
    Looking at the lists if you combined women,poc,alien looking types etc..White males characters are the not largest group.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    My first thought as well
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

*opens thread thinking it’s a new lgbt book*
    *sees first panel, thought it rss kitty oryde, so my theory was wrong*
    *reads description to see it isn’t kitty and it’s in fact a trans character and thus I was double wribg*
    *sees a panel with kitty oh first page. Making me doubt again if it’s kitty rather than trans char*
    *super confused or ironic about how much back and forth I had in 8.7 seconds*
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?