Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Some more information about the contents of the Voices Pride issue: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...complete-guide

There aren't any other stories that feature established mutants or x-characters, but there are four other new trans characters appearing in a D-Man story by Grace Freud and Scott Henderson and some of them may be mutants. Anders said on twitter that Escapade knows the new characters that will be appearing in that story.

D-Man? My husbando is getting a story? Forget Escalade or whatever, this is the real reason to get the issue.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Milici;[URL="tel:6044612"
    6044612[/URL]]Skids wore it better
    Errr Skids wouldn't be caught massacred in the morlock tunnels wearing dirty ass off color orange coveralls
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift;[URL="tel:6046085"
    6046085[/URL]]D-Man? My husbando is getting a story? Forget Escalade or whatever, this is the real reason to get the issue.
    Lol Escalade LMAO you stupid!!!!!
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-12-2022 at 02:47 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I think it took so long to see Somnus again mainly because delays and re launch of the X- line because right after his debut Orlando said we would see him again soon.

That's down to Ayala, there is no point introducing tons of characters if you are not going to develop them, Alyala has and an ongoing book and could have easily include anyone of them in the stories, we would not have known that some of these characters were even LGBT if they didn't post it on Twitter.

Look at the difference with how Ewing introduce Kobak Never-Held, in one issue they were given more background development than most of the characters that Alyala has introduced.

Yep. Is this a PR stunt, absolutely but Marvel is a business and pandering will always be a form of marketing.

While there will always be room for improvement with how these characters are used, I cannot agree that Marvel have segregate it POC and LGBT from the main line books. X-Factor, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, Way of X and Children of the Atom all had LGBT characters, the Voices anthology series is just another method of featuring them.

Agree.

One thing I wish the X-line had done with there re launch is have a monthly anthology series similar to DC's Batman: Urban Legend, that tend to have 4 stories each with several parts. It also featured stories that were a mixture of fan favourites, old characters that have not been used for some time and new characters.

The reality is that outside of most X-characters cannot carry a solo and even on team books there is a limited amount of space.
    You do realize you literally only mentioned the x-line. That is the entire point. The main marvel line has no mainstream gay characters in a regular ongoing or as part of a team and even their anthology book features mostly x-characters and new mutants who fit the bill. Most of their main line books lack any diversity, look at the cover to avengers forever and some of the material and yet they have a voices anthology for characters of color and lgbtq+ characters. That is the image marvel is creating. Look at the solicits it's like love our "traditional" white predominately male characters and for the other go get some x-men or find them in one place in the main line. It's just not a good look but it is a very deliberate looking one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I wish we had more anthologies series, not necessarily about one real life minorities.
    Like a Krakoan Divided (or was it United ?) We Stand. And get minority writers and characters written amongst the rest.
    I'd rather have rotating miniseries (like Valiant) but I don't think those sell well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You do realize you literally only mentioned the x-line. That is the entire point. The main marvel line has no mainstream gay characters in a regular ongoing or as part of a team and even their anthology book features mostly x-characters and new mutants who fit the bill. Most of their main line books lack any diversity, look at the cover to avengers forever and some of the material and yet they have a voices anthology for characters of color and lgbtq+ characters. That is the image marvel is creating. Look at the solicits it's like love our "traditional" white predominately male characters and for the other go get some x-men or find them in one place in the main line. It's just not a good look but it is a very deliberate looking one.
    I focused on the X-Men line because this is the X-Men section of the forum, but as I stated, there is always room for improvement, especially the Avengers line.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

If Escapade dies on a mission for Krakoa, is her original body what will be resurrected, or would her new body be anatomically female? This is stuff I think about at 3:00 AM.

Clarification: I'm thinking of that Sandman story, a Game of you, where a pre-op trans woman died because of a house collapsing. When next seen, she's hanging out with Death and completely different looking, outwardly matching the vision of the person she always saw herself as. That got me wondering, how would trans Krakoans prefer to rez? The comfort of the old and familiar, or just saying screw it and embracing a new form to go with that mutant high life.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 05-13-2022 at 12:10 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    If Escapade dies on a mission for Krakoa, is her original body what will be resurrected, or would her new body be anatomically female? This is stuff I think about at 3:00 AM.

Clarification: I'm thinking of that Sandman story, a Game of you, where a pre-op trans woman died because of a house collapsing. When next seen, she's hanging out with Death and completely different looking, outwardly matching the vision of the person she always saw herself as. That got me wondering, how would trans Krakoans prefer to rez? The comfort of the old and familiar, or just saying screw it and embracing a new form to go with that mutant high life.
    Realistically it would definitely depend on the person and their level of comfortability with themselves. In story, I actually think they should avoid unless it's done with a ton of care and even then it could kind of be a can of worms. Just knowing the way that some fans reacted to other resurrection choices, it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Proteus exists.

If Forge and Karma can come back with their limbs missing, this is not an issue.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Proteus exists.

If Forge and Karma can come back with their limbs missing, this is not an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Proteus exists.

Also, many trans women like their bodies as they are. With misogynist anti-abortion laws and other laws being passed to control women's bodies, more and more trans women will probably be glad they don't have reproductive organs.

Darkveil better be appearing in this girl's stories.

New Mutants has had some focus about ressurection to change one's body. If Alaya is her new writer, this might come up. I'm kinda trusting a trans writer to make something out of that conversation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Also, many trans women like their bodies as they are. With misogynist anti-abortion laws and other laws being passed to control women's bodies, more and more trans women will probably be glad they don't have reproductive organs.
    I would sy there is a percentage is glad they dont have reproductive organs but theres a MUCH MUCH higher amount of trans women who wish they did.One of the worst things about being trans (I am nonbinary drag queen with mostly transpeople friends) is that they would LOVE to be able to birth children of there own body. For many this whole thing about woman's rights and the control the government does is more a twist in the gut reminding them that they cant have natural born children and that other women are being forced to, then it is something that makes them happy they dont have reproductive organs. Also it is an important distinction to say transwomen or transman. Just saying trans like you did invalidates an identity or in other words groups the two groups into one overall group which can be quite mentally painful when generalization are put over the whole community that often times only applies to transwomen or transmen...
    Last edited by dragon1440; 05-14-2022 at 12:44 PM.

It'd be pretty cool if Escapade chose not to be resurrected as a biological female, honestly. I have a few trans friends who are happy with their bodies and wouldn't want that changed. Plus, maybe it would convince said friends to put down Elden Ring and freaking read X-Men like I've been telling them to for years.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I would sy there is a percentage is glad they dont have reproductive organs but theres a MUCH MUCH higher amount of trans women who wish they did.One of the worst things about being trans (I am nonbinary drag queen with mostly transpeople friends) is that they would LOVE to be able to birth children of there own body. For many this whole thing about woman's rights and the control the government does is more a twist in the gut reminding them that they cant have natural born children and that other women are being forced to, then it is something that makes them happy they dont have reproductive organs. Also it is an important distinction to say transwomen or transman. Just saying trans like you did invalidates an identity or in other words groups the two groups into one overall group which can be quite mentally painful when generalization are put over the whole community that often times only applies to transwomen or transmen.
    Umm what I literally wrote trans women in my post