Default zombie dr strange vs morbius

zombie dr strange (MOM) vs morbius (movie) who wins?

Haven't seen Morbius, but from what I have taken in Rumbles, he's a Spider Man-level threat, isn't he?

Meanwhile, not only is zombie strange effectively unkillable, he's also upgraded with the souls of the damned, and has access to every spell regular Strange possesses.

I don't like Morbius' odds.

Cool thematic battle but I have doubts that it's much of a fight unless Morbius is way stronger than the trailers made him out to be
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I suspect the thing is that Morbius' director thinks that Morbius is as powerful or more powerful than Dr. Strange since, in comics, Morbius has (somehow?) managed to put the hurt on Strange.

Ie, the usual PIS, SMvsFL, etc, added to which the director has some headcanon about the character that is not at all held up by the comics.

Going by this guy's ideas on how things work, I know a dude with an ashtray who is on the same level as Dr. Strange.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Strange for the win. About ashtrays, just as an aside. I read once that a normal person swinging a heavy glass ashtray at a target, hit as hard as some Karate Black Belt with heavily callused fits.

This is why our early primate ancestors picked up a rock. The idea that Morbius matches a competent Strange is ridiculous.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Strange for the win. About ashtrays, just as an aside. I read once that a normal person swinging a heavy glass ashtray at a target, hit as hard as some Karate Black Belt with heavily callused fits.
    I wouldn't doubt that (atop of the fact that 'Karate Black Belt' is a little meaningless when it comes to assessing skill at fighting, because even in Karate, black belt means a whole lot of different things depending on the school/system). Adding a chunk of mass to the attack, concentrating the damage to a smaller area (edge of an ashtray), hitting with something harder than bone or flesh, those things all combine to allow for very damaging attacks, especially against the skull. All things being equal, tool-use trumps bare hands, and blades tend to trump blunt. It's why most martial systems developed for actual combat rather than combat sports also include weapon work.

The reason a competent fighter using their fists beats some dude with an ashtray is because the competent fighter can far more easily avoid being hurt while landing accurate, powerful hits of their. ^_^ Or take them down and remove the ashtray from use. Skill at fighting being more than just 'how hard does one hit?'

...all of which becomes a whack more difficult if the weapon is edged and/or longer, of course*, but an ashtray doesn't really do a lot for reach, or grip, or 'dangerous if not even being swung with strength behind it'.

I joke about the ashtray thing because some perfectly normal dude once gave Strange a concussion by smacking him on the back of the head with an ashtray. Which could actually mess up Strange...if he didn't have autoshields (some heavy PIS involved).

* In the words of one of my FMA instructors - one with actual, ugly experience - 'if the person has a knife, take at least five years off your training. If they have even a half-hour of instruction and practice with a knife, take off at least ten.'
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Even if Morbius could initially blitz Evil Dead Strange, that would at best agitate the spirits against him, and there's no reason to think Morbius' senses, as acute as they could be in the material world, would be able to perceive the supernatural.

He'd be overwhelmed one way or another.