Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I never understood why Gwen doesn't use an alias in her civilian guise on Earth-616. Wouldn't the name Gwen Stacy be publicly known due to the original being murdered? Anyone diligent enough to do the research would be able to look up the Daily Bugle report about it, which probably included a photo of her... and while that Gwen would now be a decade older were she still alive, Spider-Gwen looks like 616 Gwen would've when she died, as she's about the same age now (19-20) that her counterpart was.
    I think she gets away with it due to the interdimensional migration scholarship Tony Stark came up with so she could go to ESU in Earth-616. That, and 616 Gwen's death was so long ago, for most people in-universe, it's not at the forefront of their thoughts and memories the way it is for Peter (and Mary Jane).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I don't see how Gwen Stacy (the original from Earth-616) could return to life again. My guess?, maybe the clone from "Clone Conspiracy" actually survived.

Let's face it, all we saw was a pile of dust with her jacket, but we didn't that Gwen actually breaking apart. If there's no clear evidence, there's always the chance a caracter is still alive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't see how Gwen Stacy (the original from Earth-616) could return to life again. My guess?, maybe the clone from "Clone Conspiracy" actually survived.
    That doesn't really mean anything. They made a big deal out of the Ned Clone after Clone Conspiracy and tossed him aside for the version Spencer introduced later in his run.

Gwen's remains and death were also a major factor in making Spencer's run work as it did. Would all of that really have an impact if they all knew there was a version of her that was alive? Why didn't Kindred know if she did? That's who they perceive to be their mother, and yet they never bothered to check if she was alive. Why? Because she isn't.

If the Gwen clone came back, who cares? It's not the original no matter what Slott says about the clones used in that story, and Spencer's run largely renders all of that meaningless.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-22-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Image from comic con shows spoilers:
    Peter seeing images of Gwen around so no return of original. It's just a mind thing of him being confronted by his guilt it looks like. Probably MJ or uncle Ben giving him a speech to snap out of it in his head
    end of spoilers or just him doing it himself and gets over it again

Quote Originally Posted by mercwmouth12 View Post
    image from comic con shows spoilers:
    peter seeing images of gwen around so no return of original. It's just a mind thing of him being confronted by his guilt it looks like. Probably mj or uncle ben giving him a speech to snap out of it in his head
    end of spoilers or just him doing it himself and gets over it again
    In before the floating heads of guilt...

Also, Gold Goblin!? Really?