Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I think Peter’s most empathetic was against Rhino. When Rhino went on a rampage after his wife’s death, and Peter decided to take off his mask and talk to him. He pointed out that she would not like the way he was acting and Peter understood a loss ( meaning Gwen). Rhino actually responded positively and went away. A very underrated modern Spider-Man story. As for Morbius, I never understood why he despised him more then Norman, Cletus etc. But it is what it is: He just does.
    I think I remember that from Clone Conspiracy: Omega . . . which was honestly the best part of that sorry event. Almost redeemed the whole thing for me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is the Gwen clone from Evolutionary War still alive?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Evolutionary War? Who knows? What specific issue or comic was she in, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "Joyce Delaney"? No, she was killed during Spider-Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    "Joyce Delaney"? No, she was killed during Spider-Island.
    Specifically, in one of the prelude issues to Spider-Island, by an earlier Gwen clone named Abby-L, who was further along into clone degeneration and rather disturbingly resembled Carrion.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The only good thing out of this is JRJR giving us meme faces
    If that's not Sarah Chalke I'll eat my hat, what a terrible drawing. Plus Ms Chalke is a lot more attractive..
    Hail Hydra!

Mighty Member

Well its part of Jugment day maybe Pete is jugged by his past deeds with Gwen. The cover might be misleading

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Well its part of Jugment day maybe Pete is jugged by his past deeds with Gwen. The cover might be misleading
    I do not know what Peter did wrong with Gwen ( except lying about his secret identity ( which he did to Aunt May and everyone else)). I know there are those who choose to blame him for Gwen’s death, but all that does it take blame away from the person who deserves it: Norman Osborn. As for “Judgement Day” if Peter is guilty of anything it is “The Mephisto deal.” But besides Peter, MJ, Miles, Otto and of course, Norman need to be judged for that as well. Not just Peter.

Astonishing Member

It seems that Nick Dragotta is doing the interiors

Is JRJR not even fast anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    It seems that Nick Dragotta is doing the interiors

Is JRJR not even fast anymore?
    I mean, they have to keep churning these books out at this point.

Spectacular Member

I do not know what Peter did wrong with Gwen ( except lying about his secret identity ( which he did to Aunt May and everyone else)). I know there are those who choose to blame him for Gwen’s death, but all that does it take blame away from the person who deserves it: Norman Osborn. As for “Judgement Day” if Peter is guilty of anything it is “The Mephisto deal.” But besides Peter, MJ, Miles, Otto and of course, Norman need to be judged for that as well. Not just Peter.
    I mean what did The Mephisto deal caused besides make Peter lose the woman he loved, and make his life miserable? I don't think that is something the Celestials would care about if he ruins his own life.

As for Gwen, sure it's just one life they probably don't care about the person, but it was his first true failure, so they probably use her to judge if Peter is really a true hero who has any value or if he even does good saving lives, this being the greatest example in his life since he became a hero where he failed, people had died before, George Stacy, probably a few civilians, but most of them are people Peter couldn't save, specially George who gave his life to save a child, but in the case of Gwen, it was a situation that could have avoided, he basically allowed Norman to run free despite knowing he was a danger to everyone, he only accepted Norman didn't had his memories and wouldn't be a threat any longer, but he was and he came back as the Goblin several times, and Peter didn't do anything to send him to prison or something, allowing Norman to eventually target the people Peter loved, he kidnapped Gwen who was in the apartment of Peter when the Goblin came looking for him, and then their fight, where Norman threw her off a bridge, and there, we have seeing over the years has trained several times to catch people in situations like that, he showed he could have saved Gwen, and has saved several people since then from the same fate, but since he wasn't experienced enough, and didn't bothered to train or make plans for similar situations, situations that has become regular things now showing it was something he should have prepared for, but at the end Peter failed, and basically killed her, he broke her neck trying to catch her with the web, this shows he wasn't good enough, and now probably the question is, is he good enough now? Even if Norman has shown how evil he can truly be, even without the Goblin, the early comics showed he wasn't well, and Peter did nothing to help him or stop him, he ignored that problem until eventually, it all led to Gwen's death, you can see that more than the act of a villain, it was the act of a sick man, falling into insanity, and everything that led to that moment is a combination of decisions Peter took, so as much as one might dislike it, Peter does share part of the responsibility of her death, and that is a clear example that he wasn't a good enough hero in those moments, so that is probably what he will be judged about.
    Last edited by Jonathangoop1811; 05-21-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    I mean what did The Mephisto deal caused besides make Peter lose the woman he loved, and make his life miserable? I don't think that is something the Celestials would care about if he ruins his own life.

As for Gwen, sure it's just one life they probably don't care about the person, but it was his first true failure, so they probably use her to judge if Peter is really a true hero who has any value or if he even does good saving lives, this being the greatest example in his life since he became a hero where he failed, people had died before, George Stacy, probably a few civilians, but most of them are people Peter couldn't save, specially George who gave his life to save a child, but in the case of Gwen, it was a situation that could have avoided, he basically allowed Norman to run free despite knowing he was a danger to everyone, he only accepted Norman didn't had his memories and wouldn't be a threat any longer, but he was and he came back as the Goblin several times, and Peter didn't do anything to send him to prison or something, allowing Norman to eventually target the people Peter loved, he kidnapped Gwen who was in the apartment of Peter when the Goblin came looking for him, and then their fight, where Norman threw her off a bridge, and there, we have seeing over the years has trained several times to catch people in situations like that, he showed he could have saved Gwen, and has saved several people since then from the same fate, but since he wasn't experienced enough, and didn't bothered to train or make plans for similar situations, situations that has become regular things now showing it was something he should have prepared for, but at the end Peter failed, and basically killed her, he broke her neck trying to catch her with the web, this shows he wasn't good enough, and now probably the question is, is he good enough now? Even if Norman has shown how evil he can truly be, even without the Goblin, the early comics showed he wasn't well, and Peter did nothing to help him or stop him, he ignored that problem until eventually, it all led to Gwen's death, you can see that more than the act of a villain, it was the act of a sick man, falling into insanity, and everything that led to that moment is a combination of decisions Peter took, so as much as one might dislike it, Peter does share part of the responsibility of her death, and that is a clear example that he wasn't a good enough hero in those moments, so that is probably what he will be judged about.
    I noted you said became a “Hero” because he screwed up royally when it came to uncle Ben. As for Mephisto: Essentially he made a “Bargain like Faust” and damned his soul to Hell ( unless of course it gets reversed some day). As for letting Osborn go, judges, politicians, prosecutors, and the judicial system let douche bags go free and quite often the criminals go back and commit more crimes: It happens everyday, and I guarantee these people do not put their lives on the line, almost every single day like Peter does. Speaking of Peter, why not mention how he saved BILLIONS of innocent people in “Ends of the Earth.” That certainly should count for something?

Spectacular Member

I noted you said became a “Hero” because he screwed up royally when it came to uncle Ben. As for Mephisto: Essentially he made a “Bargain like Faust” and damned his soul to Hell ( unless of course it gets reversed some day). As for letting Osborn go, judges, politicians, prosecutors, and the judicial system let douche bags go free and quite often the criminals go back and commit more crimes: It happens everyday, and I guarantee these people do not put their lives on the line, almost every single day like Peter does. Speaking of Peter, why not mention how he saved BILLIONS of innocent people in “Ends of the Earth.” That certainly should count for something?
    Yeah, when he let the thief gone, it was a mistake, he was just a civilian with powers, so even if one can argue he also guilty of Uncle Ben's death, he wasn't a hero back then, so it doesn't counts so much as a failure, and more as a genuine mistake, I mean, despite everything, even with his power, Peter was just a kid in a costume, and he has being hurt by bullets, so letting the thief gone is not exactly something bad, it really wasn't his responsibility and he probably would have just endangered his own life, something he didn't thought he had to do until his Uncle died, so it doesn't count in his failures as a hero.

Now, again Mephisto, there has being no mention of Peter damned his soul to hell, he made a deal with Mephisto, but there has being no proof that it wil stop him from going to heaven, specially since he didn't sell his soul, only his marriage, and again, even if he did, I don't think the Celestials wouldn't care, again the consequences are only affecting Peter and MJ, both made the deal, and they saved one innocent soul, his Aunt May, not sure exactly how the Celestials would see him, but that is not something they would care about, don't see it from the point of view of a normal human, don't think about the fact that Peter denied his Aunt eternal rest, something that she will eventually get, and for now she has lived a good life, so from the point of view of this powerful beings, who don't really care much for specific humans, or whether they will be happy or not, they would probably only see this as proof how much Peter is willing to do to save lives, again don't see it from our point of view, imagine it from their point of view, the deal didn't get anyone killed, and didn't caused anything that except ruin Peter's life, something they won't care about, so no reason to judge him in this, their ideas of good and bad is different from ours.

With Norman, yeah, that is something that most likely would have happened and Peter probably has taken in consideration, he was in a no win situation, so he chose what he thought was right, but it got Gwen killed, and to their eyes most likely, they won't care about how Peter couldn't have done anything against Osborn, they see what he didn't tried to do, he didn't tried to stop him completely, we have even seen in Life Story that Norman could have being send to prison, he would still be a monster, still would ruin Peter's life, but he tried, he took the risk to prevent Norman from hurting people and did the right thing, in 616, Peter didn't do enough, didn't tried.

And yeah, the lives he has saved over the years is something that most likely will be taken in consideration, but at the end, people have still died, and I'm sure they will accept that some were lives Peter did everything he could to save, but Gwen is a different matter, there have also being other cases of Peter making mistakes that caused people to suffer or die, so I think it won't be a question of whether Peter has saved more people than he has failed to save, I think it will be a judgement of his character, and if he can be the hero he is trying to be, the one who does his absolute best to save lives, the Gwen situation is his first example of failure, one where he was still Spider-Man, still tried to do right, but failed, and a significant part of it, is because he took bad decisions and he wasn't good enough, so can he say now that he has finally become a hero that the Celestials can trust to protect humanity, or he will do another mistake that will cause innocents to die, can he live up to his responsibility?

Astonishing Member

How is it going to be explained the return of Gwen this time? Does this means she survived back in the Clone Conspiracy?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    How is it going to be explained the return of Gwen this time? Does this means she survived back in the Clone Conspiracy?
    No idea, personally I think the cover is misleading, and she won't return, and is just the Celestials talking about her with Peter.