Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

This is an interesting prospect, especially with the names.

Amazing Fantasy
    is a really underutilized brand for Marvel.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I just hope it's fun. no symbiotes.

More fun anniversary projects are welcomed. I really enjoyed the Full Circle one-shot from a few years back, I wonder if this will be a round-robin tale like that?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    More fun anniversary projects are welcomed. I really enjoyed the Full Circle one-shot from a few years back, I wonder if this will be a round-robin tale like that?
    That would be cool to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

If it is Amazing Fantasy I hope this are Peter focused, tired of him getting the short end of the stick

And keep Dan Slott away from him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Didn't they had an Amazing Fantasy book quite recently?
    Anyway, these names are quite promising.
    I wonder what Hickman will bring to Spider-Man.
    Can't wait!
    The most interesting name on this list is Hickman. I know he has touched on Spider-Man before but not often. Maybe it is because of the “Street Level” stories of Peter are quite different then the cosmic approach of Hickman, bad timing or something else, but I would like to see Hickman take over ASM after Wells ( especially with 1000 in the not too distant future). Why? 1: He is one writer who has the credibility and clout to write what he wants with limited ( if any) oversight by editorial. 2: After the three Stooges ( Slott, Spencer and Wells) it would be nice to see consistently good stories coming from Amazing. Peter has a great rogues gallery, it would be nice to see more of them then Otto and ( or) Norman every three months.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The most interesting name on this list is Hickman. I know he has touched on Spider-Man before but not often. Maybe it is because of the “Street Level” stories of Peter are quite different then the cosmic approach of Hickman, bad timing or something else, but I would like to see Hickman take over ASM after Wells ( especially with 1000 in the not too distant future). Why? 1: He is one writer who has the credibility and clout to write what he wants with limited ( if any) oversight by editorial. 2: After the three Stooges ( Slott, Spencer and Wells) it would be nice to see consistently good stories coming from Amazing. Peter has a great rogues gallery, it would be nice to see more of them then Otto and ( or) Norman every three months.
    I think it's just a one-shot deal.

Extraordinary Member

Someone said it might be 1610 related?

I'll be extremely disappointed if this is a one-shot

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Someone said it might be 1610 related?

I'll be extremely disappointed if this is a one-shot
    I don't know about 1610 but it looks like a one shot to me

BANNED

Armando's involvement must be a dream collaboration for Slott, he's a big fan of the Thick of It and even got Alex Ross to depict the show's cast on a cover of his Amazing Spider-Man run, but Marvel had to alter it because of copyright concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If it is Amazing Fantasy I hope this are Peter focused, tired of him getting the short end of the stick

And keep Dan Slott away from him
    Would make sense if it's the whole Spider family. Peter and Anya should definitely both get a story in it though, given that they debuted in AF vol 1 #15 and AF vol 2 #1 respectively. Maybe have Amadeus Cho (who debuted in AF vol 2 #15) appear in a story alongside Miles?

They should do Amazing Fantasy as an ongoing, it could be Spidey's version of Batman Urban Legends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would make sense if it's the whole Spider family. Peter and Anya should definitely both get a story in it though, given that they debuted in AF vol 1 #15 and AF vol 2 #1 respectively. Maybe have Amadeus Cho (who debuted in AF vol 2 #15) appear in a story alongside Miles?

They should do Amazing Fantasy as an ongoing, it could be Spidey's version of Batman Urban Legends.
    Eh I can agree but I want smth for Peter for his 60th anniversary that's not a stepping stone for other characters

His 50th was a joke w/ Alpha and being written by Slott

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Armando's involvement must be a dream collaboration for Slott, he's a big fan of the Thick of It and even got Alex Ross to depict the show's cast on a cover of his Amazing Spider-Man run, but Marvel had to alter it because of copyright concerns.
    I highly doubt the writers are collaborating with each other. I’m betting they are each turning in their own story.

Although if they are, poor Armando. Poor Rainbow, Kurt, Michael, Jonathan and Neil, too.

BANNED

Comic Book Industry Legends Celebrate Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary in 'Amazing Fantasy' #1000

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ends-celebrate

So basically a one-issue creator showcase of writers taking on Spider-Man.

Not sure how to feel about Slott writing something specifically about Peter and MJ.

"Acclaimed artist Michael Cho and novelist Anthony Falcone introduce a new Spider-Man villain" - Chances we even see this villain again outside this issue?