Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The most interesting name on this list is Hickman. I know he has touched on Spider-Man before but not often. Maybe it is because of the “Street Level” stories of Peter are quite different then the cosmic approach of Hickman, bad timing or something else, but I would like to see Hickman take over ASM after Wells ( especially with 1000 in the not too distant future). Why? 1: He is one writer who has the credibility and clout to write what he wants with limited ( if any) oversight by editorial. 2: After the three Stooges ( Slott, Spencer and Wells) it would be nice to see consistently good stories coming from Amazing. Peter has a great rogues gallery, it would be nice to see more of them then Otto and ( or) Norman every three months.
    I would sell my soul just to get Hickman on Amazing. He already has written all the biggest marvel properties besides Spidey. Feels like the next logical step

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Urge View Post
    I would sell my soul just to get Hickman on Amazing. He already has written all the biggest marvel properties besides Spidey. Feels like the next logical step
    Technically, all the big properties he wrote were team/ensemble books that went into high-concept sci-fi, and there are people in both the fandom and among the creatives and/or execs at Marvel who think Spider-Man works better, if not best, kept closer to the streets or ground where the regular people of the MU are. That said, given some of the more fantastical sci-fi ideas that were introduced or used primarily in Spider-Man comics --- symbiotes, clones, a cosmic superstructure in the shape of a web connecting and holding the Multiverse together --- I'd love to see what Hickman could do if he were unleashed on those. I could see him taking what was established by Donny Cates in his run and going even further, especially given that the symbiote hive where the memories and knowledge of past hosts are collected and stored and can even be retrieved to effectively revive a dead host could be considered slightly akin to Cerebro in Hickman's X-Men psionically recording and storing the memories and knowledge of every mutant that ever lived to upload into new bodies created from those mutants' DNA in the event of their deaths.

Speaking of the Krakoan Resurrection Protocols, that'd be where the clones could factor in, as the Jackal would look upon that achievement with more than a fair bit of envy and spite, and somewhat like what happened in Clone Conspiracy, he would market his own "reanimation" technology to human power brokers as a way for them to "solve for death" just like the mutants have and tilt the playing field in their favor. Of course, this could turn out like how some fear the ultimate result of transhumanism, namely, whether it's baseline humans or mutants, humanity as a whole still winds up under the eternal rulership of an elite class of effectively immortal, superpowered overlords. The cosmic superstructure that is the Web of Life and Destiny would be a great staging ground for Hickman to do more exploration of the Marvel Multiverse and what binds all those seemingly disparate realities together.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Peach Momoko is doing a variant, so I hope others get announced doing a variant because current JRJR is not for me. Hell, I wouldn't mind another Bagley variant.

Spider-Man doesn't play to Hickman's strengths, but honestly, maybe an off-the-wall run is what the book needs. It worked for Hulk.
    Last edited by Webhead; 05-13-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Peach Momoko is doing a variant, so I hope others get announced doing a variant because current JRJR is not for me. Hell, I wouldn't mind another Bagley variant.
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Spider-Man doesn't play to Hickman's strengths, but honestly, maybe an off-the-wall run is what the book needs. It worked for Hulk.
    Are you referring to Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing?

Hickman is not writing a Spider-Man ongoing, I would bet dollars to donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most likely not, but it'd be fun to see him take on a solo character for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Are you referring to Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing?
    Certainly. Although Hulk books seem to have more liberties as far as editorial staff is concerned.

Yeah, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Certainly. Although Hulk books seem to have more liberties as far as editorial staff is concerned.

Yeah, I agree.
    The Hulk is a very simple, yet very complex premise that can be interpreted in all kinds of ways, so that's probably it. Oh, and it's also his 60th anniversary this year.

Extraordinary Member

MF Dan Slott's writing the f'ing MJ story are Marvel collectively high

Also tell me what Hickman's writing, he writes a great Peter

If Hickman did write Spidey long term, it would surely be a multiverse story, not a street level one. Big team epics are his forte. He's pretty much done everything else at Marvel (FF, Avengers, X-Men, and big events like Secret Wars). Maybe he can take over Legion of Super-Heroes or Teen Titans over at DC. Both of them need new writers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I was always hoping for a “Spider-Man: The World”, but this looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Hickman did write Spidey long term, it would surely be a multiverse story, not a street level one. Big team epics are his forte. He's pretty much done everything else at Marvel (FF, Avengers, X-Men, and big events like Secret Wars). Maybe he can take over Legion of Super-Heroes or Teen Titans over at DC. Both of them need new writers.
    He was planning to go to DC but I think DiDio decided to pick Bendis instead, supposedly Hickman was gonna write Legion, which's kinda perfect for all of his weird concepts, and since Legion isn't connected with a world around it, he'd have a lot to play with.

Anyways, Busiek had this to say about AF#1000 in his thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Mr. Busiek, I just read that you'll be contributing a story to Amazing Fantasy#1000, as part of Spider-Man's 60th anniversary celebrations.
    It's true!

Without spoiling anything, can you perhaps give us a tease? Is it a return to the 'Untold Tales' setting, or is it something a bit more contemporary?
    I'm not sure how that couldn't count as spoiling something.

I'm going to let Marvel announce stuff on this. I'll just say that the artist I'm working with is (a) not someone I've worked with before, (b) terrific, and (c) someone I've wanted to work with for over 25 years.

kdb
    So there's this to be hyped over.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Glad Busiek gets paired with another artist other than Bachalo .

"Acclaimed artist Michael Cho and novelist Anthony Falcone introduce a new Spider-Man villain" - Chances we even see this villain again outside this issue?
    We don't even know the guy's name, hell we don't even know if it's a guy lol.

I'll say chances are stacked against whatever it is though, villains that aren't created by Ditko struggle to stay around even if we don't factor toxic nostalgia, 'cause making a cool new villain is difficult.

Glad Busiek gets paired with another artist other than Bachalo .
    If it turns out to be Greg Land I'm gonna be pissed .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then