Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He was planning to go to DC but I think DiDio decided to pick Bendis instead, supposedly Hickman was gonna write Legion, which's kinda perfect for all of his weird concepts, and since Legion isn't connected with a world around it, he'd have a lot to play with.

Anyways, Busiek had this to say about AF#1000 in his thread
    An artist he's wanted to work with for well over 25 years? Bagley?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    An artist he's wanted to work with for well over 25 years? Bagley?
    He created Thunderbolts with Bagley.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    He created Thunderbolts with Bagley.
    Right, thanks.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, all the big properties he wrote were team/ensemble books that went into high-concept sci-fi, and there are people in both the fandom and among the creatives and/or execs at Marvel who think Spider-Man works better, if not best, kept closer to the streets or ground where the regular people of the MU are. That said, given some of the more fantastical sci-fi ideas that were introduced or used primarily in Spider-Man comics --- symbiotes, clones, a cosmic superstructure in the shape of a web connecting and holding the Multiverse together --- I'd love to see what Hickman could do if he were unleashed on those. I could see him taking what was established by Donny Cates in his run and going even further, especially given that the symbiote hive where the memories and knowledge of past hosts are collected and stored and can even be retrieved to effectively revive a dead host could be considered slightly akin to Cerebro in Hickman's X-Men psionically recording and storing the memories and knowledge of every mutant that ever lived to upload into new bodies created from those mutants' DNA in the event of their deaths.

Speaking of the Krakoan Resurrection Protocols, that'd be where the clones could factor in, as the Jackal would look upon that achievement with more than a fair bit of envy and spite, and somewhat like what happened in Clone Conspiracy, he would market his own "reanimation" technology to human power brokers as a way for them to "solve for death" just like the mutants have and tilt the playing field in their favor. Of course, this could turn out like how some fear the ultimate result of transhumanism, namely, whether it's baseline humans or mutants, humanity as a whole still winds up under the eternal rulership of an elite class of effectively immortal, superpowered overlords. The cosmic superstructure that is the Web of Life and Destiny would be a great staging ground for Hickman to do more exploration of the Marvel Multiverse and what binds all those seemingly disparate realities together.
    Yeah hickman would basically write all the spider books and i definitely agree that he would take the whole spider-verse concept to a whole new level, something that slott failed to do imo. Spider-Man has a lot of sci-fi concepts so i don't see why hickman wouldn't be perfect for Amazing Spider-Man. And we've seen how he writes Peter, he has a great voice for Peter, better than what we've gotten on the book since Jms probably.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Urge View Post
    Yeah hickman would basically write all the spider books and i definitely agree that he would take the whole spider-verse concept to a whole new level, something that slott failed to do imo. Spider-Man has a lot of sci-fi concepts so i don't see why hickman wouldn't be perfect for Amazing Spider-Man. And we've seen how he writes Peter, he has a great voice for Peter, better than what we've gotten on the book since Jms probably.
    Hickman would most likely not write all the Spider books, if Miles and Gwen return to their own Universe, and thus are not tied to Peter (especially Miles). He could simply write Peter, his supporting cast and rogues gallery, which is probably easier then multiple X books.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Hickman would most likely not write all the Spider books, if Miles and Gwen return to their own Universe, and thus are not tied to Peter (especially Miles). He could simply write Peter, his supporting cast and rogues gallery, which is probably easier then multiple X books.
    Is Miles going back to his own universe tho? Also isn't 616 his actual "own" universe now? They made a big deal about the destruction of the ultimate universe and Miles being integrated into the 616, so i don't know why they would reverse that. Also all the spiders are technically connected because of the spider-verse stuff so Hickman writing their books wouldn't be that weird

Astonishing Member

I hope this story shows that there's a chance for Peter and Mary Jane's marriage to be restored in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I hope this story shows that there's a chance for Peter and Mary Jane's marriage to be restored in the future.
    They'll be dangling that carrot in front of us forever

Astonishing Member

With Slott writing? As in, the person who said the marriage returning is "a thing which will never, ever, ever happen. Infinity." That Slott?

I...would not get my hopes up.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-15-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    That's what they said when Ultimate Peter Parker was killed and Miles Morales took his role as Spider-Man. They said Peter Parker would never return... And look what happened in the end.

That's what they said when Ultimate Peter Parker was killed and Miles Morales took his role as Spider-Man. They said Peter Parker would never return... And look what happened in the end.
    It could happen if the higher-ups ever saw the marriage as anything other than a problem to be solved. But it's been decades and most of them haven't moved an inch from that view.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    It could happen if the higher-ups ever saw the marriage as anything other than a problem to be solved. But it's been decades and most of them haven't moved an inch from that view.
    Well, this year is the anniversary of the wedding. We can dream, can't we?

BANNED

Well, this year is the anniversary of the wedding. We can dream, can't we?
    I think the best you can hope for this year is the Wedding Album and whatever Slott's doing. The timing is just off for everything else, what with Wells just starting his run.

Heck, if it lives up to it's billing, Spider-Verse's conclusion might wipe out all the universes that have a happily married Peter and MJ, so you'll only be 'forced' to care about the deadbeat in 616 exclusively and what post-OMD MJ goes through.

Ultimate Peter came back, but it was largely treated as a throwaway storyline and Bendis quickly moved on from it and continued to further Miles' story. Peter didn't reclaim the title, he just buggered off with Mary Jane to seek answers to his revival and we never followed him on that journey.

Ultimate Peter also wasn't gone for anywhere close to the length of time the marriage has been absent in 616, even though Marvel actually kept the marriage around for the entire duration of the 2010s through the newspaper comics and Renew Your Vows.

Slott also said a few times Peter and MJ would get back together and that Peter would ultimately have his victory over Mephisto. Some of that came true in Spencer's run (from a certain point of view, the defeat of Kindred was a victory over Mephisto)
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-15-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I
    Slott also said a few times Peter and MJ would get back together and that Peter would ultimately have his victory over Mephisto. Some of that came true in Spencer's run (from a certain point of view, the defeat of Kindred was a victory over Mephisto)
    Do you know where? I’d love to read/listen.

As far as I know, he said sure, they could date in the comic but it would be boring because the audience would be waiting for them to get married and that’s never going to happen. And the link I provided takes you to his fairly lengthy and passionate treatise why the marriage will never ever never reappear in mainstream continuity.

I’ve never seen a reference to him - or anyone at Marvel - saying Peter would ultimately have his victory over Mephisto. So if you do have the reference, would love to see it. (IMO, Kindred doesn’t count - Peter needs to know he’s defeating Mephisto, not be unaware while Mephisto and Doctor Strange play chess with their lives)

BANNED

Do you know where? I’d love to read/listen.
    It was on these very forums I believe, I lurked frequently and read them back around 2018. He'd just started on Iron Man and was winding down his forum presence.