Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Comic Book Industry Legends Celebrate Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary in 'Amazing Fantasy' #1000

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ends-celebrate
    Just to be clear, the date of publication should be 2039. Unless Marvel chooses to make ASM twice a month, then it would be in 2030.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/JScottCampbell/s...32851312652289

I rather get this cover than the JRJR one.

BANNED

Amazing Member

Each to his own... As for myself, I think Campbell never learnt how to actually draw, even if I can enjoy some of his material on the odd occasion.

Astonishing Member

Very interested around the story of Peter and MJ here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Very interested around the story of Peter and MJ here.
    Yeah, though I would say temper your expectations. While I expect and hope Dan Slott will give us something closer to the original Renew Your Vows miniseries in tone when it comes to the enduring love of Peter and Mary Jane, there's always that "monkey's paw" lurking around somewhere.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, though I would say temper your expectations. While I expect and hope Dan Slott will give us something closer to the original Renew Your Vows miniseries in tone when it comes to the enduring love of Peter and Mary Jane, there's always that "monkey's paw" lurking around somewhere.
    I imagine the 'monkey's paw' is he'll behave himself and introduce a hopeful positive 'possible future' for Peter and MJ, only to take it away from us when he writes End of Spider-Verse.

I imagine the 'monkey's paw' is he'll behave himself and introduce a hopeful positive 'possible future' for Peter and MJ, only to take it away from us when he writes End of Spider-Verse.
    That would be very on-brand...

Astonishing Member

That's pretty much why I hated the original Spider-Verse. You see all these fan favorites from all Spider-Man media show up just to be brutally slaughtered. It was such an ugly, nihilistic story presented as some kind of celebration of the character. I didn't really need to see the little dog wailing over the corpses of the Amazing Friends. I dread what awful stuff is going to happen this time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That's pretty much why I hated the original Spider-Verse. You see all these fan favorites from all Spider-Man media show up just to be brutally slaughtered. It was such an ugly, nihilistic story presented as some kind of celebration of the character. I didn't really need to see the little dog wailing over the corpses of the Amazing Friends. I dread what awful stuff is going to happen this time.
    I just said almost the same thing the other day on Twitter. Co-signed, Mean spirited and cruel.
    How many readers of Spider-Man had "Amazing Friends" as an entry point?

BANNED

Worse, with the newspaper comics now discontinued, nothing's stopping Slott from finishing that off too. He only spared it from Spider-Verse because it was an ongoing publication.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-22-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    This is exactly why Into the Spider-Verse acting more as an adaptation and expansion of Miles Morales's origin story and meeting with 616 Peter Parker/Spider-Man, incorporating only the "multiple Spider-Men/Women from multiple disparate realities" plot point from Spider-Verse, was a lot better as an overall celebration of Spider-Man. Even with the death of the Spider-Man/Peter Parker native to Miles's universe, it was ultimately a more uplifting and affirming story about the legacy Spider-Man established and left behind, and Miles's efforts to live up to that legacy. Much better than just butchering much-beloved versions and adaptations of Spider-Man en masse for the hell of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This is exactly why Into the Spider-Verse acting more as an adaptation and expansion of Miles Morales's origin story and meeting with 616 Peter Parker/Spider-Man, incorporating only the "multiple Spider-Men/Women from multiple disparate realities" plot point from Spider-Verse, was a lot better as an overall celebration of Spider-Man. Even with the death of the Spider-Man/Peter Parker native to Miles's universe, it was ultimately a more uplifting and affirming story about the legacy Spider-Man established and left behind, and Miles's efforts to live up to that legacy. Much better than just butchering much-beloved versions and adaptations of Spider-Man en masse for the hell of it.
    Most definitely. And NWH really made the effort to treat each live action Spidey with care and respect, which worked great. I don't get why its so hard for Marvel to understand that it pays to treat these characters with some reverence. Fans appreciate it.

Astonishing Member

Worse, with the newspaper comics now discontinued, nothing's stopping Slott from finishing that off too. He only spared it from Spider-Verse because it was an ongoing publication.
    Do you have a source for this?

Astonishing Member

He did make fun of it instead. Disrespectful in other way