Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And then before that, Marvel Super Heroes by Capcom had Spider-Man's ending be that he went back home to Mary Jane, who informed him that she was pregnant and he was going to be a father. Considering how that ended up in the comics, though . . .
    Which reminds me that in UMvC3, Spidey has a special win quote against Firebrand:

0:27

Yeah, with Marvel vs. Capcom, Spider-Man was hobnobbing with some of the Capcom characters in his ending. I particularly recall taking a photo (with an actual camera, would be more of a smartphone selfie these days) with either Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers or Sakura Kasugano from Street Fighter.
    The ending uses whoever is your partner, so it could be anyone in the cast, and I think if you go watch the endings in the gallery, it could even be another Spider-Man (Pretty fitting given the clone saga nonsense I guess lol).

Sakura isn't an option though, it can only be done with playable characters, assist characters aren't included (Even if they were, Sakura still wouldn't be an option since she wasn't one of 'em).

Edit: Also, you mentioning Morrigan reminds me of this infamous image:

Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-24-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Still a better love interest than Carlie Cooper

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Yeah, with Marvel vs. Capcom, Spider-Man was hobnobbing with some of the Capcom characters in his ending. I particularly recall taking a photo (with an actual camera, would be more of a smartphone selfie these days) with either Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers or Sakura Kasugano from Street Fighter.

That's actually from Marvel VS Capcom 2, which does not have any individual character endings; instead, has the one epilogue ending in end credits where Marvel and Capcom characters celebrating their victories from final boss, Abyss.

Arcade version has Spider-man taking picture with Morrigan, while Console version has him taking with Sakura.

I'm still waiting for that rumored Marvel fighting game or Marvel vs DC fighting game from NetherRealm Stuidos though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I mean they don't even share special intros, nor do I think they ever had much synergy with each other gameplay-wise (Though in Marvel 3 he'd benefit from her meter giving assist, but that's literally the entire cast), so not a lot of chemistry going on.

On the other hand, considering how wack characters like Gwen and Carlie are as love interests, yeah guess Morrigan would be better by default lol.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post

That's actually from Marvel VS Capcom 2, which does not have any individual character endings; instead, has the one epilogue ending in end credits where Marvel and Capcom characters celebrating their victories from final boss, Abyss.

Arcade version has Spider-man taking picture with Morrigan, while Console version has him taking with Sakura.
    Oh hey, wasn't aware about that lol.

It's such a weird change to make too, though maybe it's because Morrigan isn't exactly a heroic character and it could be weird for Spidey to take a selfie with her.

I'm still waiting for that rumored Marvel fighting game or Marvel vs DC fighting game from NetherRealm Stuidos though.
    Well, they did say they aren't making Injustice 3, at least for now, the rumored possibility is a new MK game to celebrate a birthday though.

A Marvel vs DC game by Netherrealm, would Disney even allow that? Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite was already a struggle to happen to begin with...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Which reminds me that in UMvC3, Spidey has a special win quote against Firebrand:

0:27

The ending uses whoever is your partner, so it could be anyone in the cast, and I think if you go watch the endings in the gallery, it could even be another Spider-Man (Pretty fitting given the clone saga nonsense I guess lol).

Sakura isn't an option though, it can only be done with playable characters, assist characters aren't included (Even if they were, Sakura still wouldn't be an option since she wasn't one of 'em).

Ha, yes.

Heh, good one. A soul-sucking hedonistic demon queen would be a step up in a few ways.

I mean they don't even share special intros, nor do I think they ever had much synergy with each other gameplay-wise (Though in Marvel 3 he'd benefit from her meter giving assist, but that's literally the entire cast), so not a lot of chemistry going on.

On the other hand, considering how wack characters like Gwen and Carlie are as love interests, yeah guess Morrigan would be better by default lol.

Oh hey, wasn't aware about that lol.

It's such a weird change to make too, though maybe it's because Morrigan isn't exactly a heroic character and it could be weird for Spidey to take a selfie with her.

Well, they did say they aren't making Injustice 3, at least for now, the rumored possibility is a new MK game to celebrate a birthday though.

A Marvel vs DC game by Netherrealm, would Disney even allow that? Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite was already a struggle to happen to begin with...
    Morrigan Aensland may be a soul-sucking hedonistic demon queen, but she's not necessarily a bad sort, as far as that goes, at least not in the Darkstalkers games. That said, it is kind of hilarious we're talking about Marvel vs. Capcom here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Ha, yes.

Heh, good one. A soul-sucking hedonistic demon queen would be a step up in a few ways.

Morrigan Aensland may be a soul-sucking hedonistic demon queen, but she's not necessarily a bad sort, as far as that goes, at least not in the Darkstalkers games. That said, it is kind of hilarious we're talking about Marvel vs. Capcom here.
    Don’t even joke like that. Morrigan takes everything bad about Black Cat up to 1100.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Don’t even joke like that. Morrigan takes everything bad about Black Cat up to 1100.
    1100, huh? As a literal succubus, that would make sense.

ah that spiderman theme from those games are so good
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Morrigan Aensland may be a soul-sucking hedonistic demon queen, but she's not necessarily a bad sort, as far as that goes, at least not in the Darkstalkers games.
    She's not good nor evil, shes firmly a neutral character doing whatever the hell amuses her.

In MvC3 she claims to be bad, but the constant playful tone of her lines throws some doubt into that.

She's also not soul sucking, the way succubus work in Darkstalkers is not the same as the usual expected ones, at least in the games' lore, succubi in Darkstalkers work by need of stimulation, and in Morrigan's case she just really likes fighting, and contrary to what her lines may indicate, or fans believe, sex isn't a high priority, she talks in seductive, horny sounding ways but it's generally about fighting, though Marvel 3 has lines where talks about how strong Shuma Gorath's tentacles are, and wonders if Phoenix Wright can use his mouth for something besides talking, so sex is definitely an option she seems to enjoy, but in general, I get the impression she really seems to prefer fighting.

Anyways, lore ****:

"It is generally said that the succubus race absorbs the spirit of the opposite sex and uses it as their own energy source. But the succubus's that live in the Aensland family is slightly different. They create a special secretion liquid in their body when they are either physically or mentally stimulated. They use this liquid to maintain their life. If one were to be trapped inside a small secluded area, she would die within two days due to the lack of stimulus. This is because the liquid needed to maintain her life can't be secreted. But to make up for this, they have become able to look into the dreams of others. When no stimulus was given, they evolved to look for other ways to look for excitement. When a creature dreams, a special secretion liquid is formed in the brain. A succubus can take this liquid from the outside. Those who have been robbed feels a strange feeling. As if ones dream was completely taken away. This is quite different from not having any memory of a dream. This liquid, which the succubus robbed, is dissolved into the body of the succubus and is composed."

And then Udon comics completely ignored any of this, made her into a more generic succubus and amplified how villainous she is.

Worth pointing out though, while this is mentioned in lore related ****, it's not mentioned or hinted at in any of the games or whatever random appearances Morrigan made, but none of the games really talk about her needing to be a parasite on anyone either, she did suck Pyron dry in her ending in Darkstalkers 1 and 2 (It's the same ending, Darkstalkers 2/Vampire Hunter is basically an updated version of the first one), but after that she's not shown as a parasite again, it could be a case of weird stuff being done with her character before they decided on such details, or maybe lore **** tried to make her not look as villainous (And if that's the case then her usual appearances besides the western cartoon and Udon kept up with it, Morrigan is constantly harmless to the good guys), or maybe she can be a parasite but generally cares little about being one, or whatever else, who knows.

Regardless of the version she's still a parasite, and Udon changed what she does, which's fine, the dream thing is kinda silly, problem is changing how she goes about it, because in Udon comics she's killing humans as casually as someone can kill ants, and she's not playful, is just a villain the story pretends is a hero for some reason when she's not any better than Demitri (Who's a mostly accurate adaptation as far as I remember), it's basically like how Otto as Spider-Man is different from Peter as Spider-Man, but at least Marvel makes it clear those are different people, while Udon was pretending Morrigan being like that is the correct way her character should be, which, no, it's really not, and changing Morrigan this much to basically female Demitri just sucks.

That said, it is kind of hilarious we're talking about Marvel vs. Capcom here.
    Someone mentioned MvC Spidey's death at random and here we are lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    On the playful irresponsible side, yes, but Morrigan isn't nearly as petty or spiteful, there are very few times she's anything but her usual playful self, only times I can think of are in the first two Darkstalkers, in which she wasn't nearly as seductive and Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior flanderized her, her ending in Tatsunoko vs Capcom (In whatever version that doesn't have animated endings) where she's angry for losing too much in a fighter to a kid, and in MvC:I, where she's taking the whole thing with Jedah more serious than she really should.

Basically she's a more straightforward, static character, not a whole lot of depth, but she hardly needs more, while Felicia has more flaws but can grow beyond them, to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    OST in general are good with those, unless we're talking about MvC:I

BANNED

This thread should be retitled "Prepare for something Amazing...I'm gonna take you for a ride"

Talking about Marvel vs Capcom huh? I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Is it weird that I think her and High School era Peter is a cute idea? The idea just popped into my head one day with no apparent reason as to why and it's driving me insane. I just think they'd be fun together.

(...I should draw this one day.)

And to echo the words of another fine gentlemen in this thread, still better than Carlie.

That being said, Peter and Morrigan will always be a funny pairing and I would love to see them play around with/poke fun at it if they ever make another Marvel vs Capcom game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    **** yeah it is!
    Last edited by JustLuke; 05-26-2022 at 01:21 PM. Reason: big brained

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This thread should be retitled "Prepare for something Amazing...I'm gonna take you for a ride"
    Hah, nice one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Is it weird that I think her and High School era Peter is a cute idea? The idea just popped into my head one day with no apparent reason as to why and it's driving me insane. I just think they'd be fun together.

If I randomly decide to torture myself by searching around for Spidey fan art in Deviantart and see a recent picture of those two, I'll know who made it .

That being said, Peter and Morrigan will always be a funny pairing and I would love to see them play around with/poke fun at it if they ever make another Marvel vs Capcom game.
    He could point that she reminds him of Felicia given her playtful nature, which, would be funny if they do that 'cause, in MvC3, he has a win quote where he says "What is it with me and cat women named Felicia? Jeez", and he says that after defeating Felicia, Darkstalkers' catgirl lol.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Morrigan, I think that if marvel wants to break MJ and Peter they should do something with Norah. It couls bring an interesting new dynamic with Peter dating someone kinda sleazy. Also the Rhino two-parter was one of the few highlights of BND era

She's not good nor evil, shes firmly a neutral character doing whatever the hell amuses her.

In MvC3 she claims to be bad, but the constant playful tone of her lines throws some doubt into that.

She's also not soul sucking, the way succubus work in Darkstalkers is not the same as the usual expected ones, at least in the games' lore, succubi in Darkstalkers work by need of stimulation, and in Morrigan's case she just really likes fighting, and contrary to what her lines may indicate, or fans believe, sex isn't a high priority, she talks in seductive, horny sounding ways but it's generally about fighting, though Marvel 3 has lines where talks about how strong Shuma Gorath's tentacles are, and wonders if Phoenix Wright can use his mouth for something besides talking, so sex is definitely an option she seems to enjoy, but in general, I get the impression she really seems to prefer fighting.

Anyways, lore ****:

"It is generally said that the succubus race absorbs the spirit of the opposite sex and uses it as their own energy source. But the succubus's that live in the Aensland family is slightly different. They create a special secretion liquid in their body when they are either physically or mentally stimulated. They use this liquid to maintain their life. If one were to be trapped inside a small secluded area, she would die within two days due to the lack of stimulus. This is because the liquid needed to maintain her life can't be secreted. But to make up for this, they have become able to look into the dreams of others. When no stimulus was given, they evolved to look for other ways to look for excitement. When a creature dreams, a special secretion liquid is formed in the brain. A succubus can take this liquid from the outside. Those who have been robbed feels a strange feeling. As if ones dream was completely taken away. This is quite different from not having any memory of a dream. This liquid, which the succubus robbed, is dissolved into the body of the succubus and is composed."

And then Udon comics completely ignored any of this, made her into a more generic succubus and amplified how villainous she is.

Worth pointing out though, while this is mentioned in lore related ****, it's not mentioned or hinted at in any of the games or whatever random appearances Morrigan made, but none of the games really talk about her needing to be a parasite on anyone either, she did suck Pyron dry in her ending in Darkstalkers 1 and 2 (It's the same ending, Darkstalkers 2/Vampire Hunter is basically an updated version of the first one), but after that she's not shown as a parasite again, it could be a case of weird stuff being done with her character before they decided on such details, or maybe lore **** tried to make her not look as villainous (And if that's the case then her usual appearances besides the western cartoon and Udon kept up with it, Morrigan is constantly harmless to the good guys), or maybe she can be a parasite but generally cares little about being one, or whatever else, who knows.

Regardless of the version she's still a parasite, and Udon changed what she does, which's fine, the dream thing is kinda silly, problem is changing how she goes about it, because in Udon comics she's killing humans as casually as someone can kill ants, and she's not playful, is just a villain the story pretends is a hero for some reason when she's not any better than Demitri (Who's a mostly accurate adaptation as far as I remember), it's basically like how Otto as Spider-Man is different from Peter as Spider-Man, but at least Marvel makes it clear those are different people, while Udon was pretending Morrigan being like that is the correct way her character should be, which, no, it's really not, and changing Morrigan this much to basically female Demitri just sucks.

Someone mentioned MvC Spidey's death at random and here we are lol.

On the playful irresponsible side, yes, but Morrigan isn't nearly as petty or spiteful, there are very few times she's anything but her usual playful self, only times I can think of are in the first two Darkstalkers, in which she wasn't nearly as seductive and Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior flanderized her, her ending in Tatsunoko vs Capcom (In whatever version that doesn't have animated endings) where she's angry for losing too much in a fighter to a kid, and in MvC:I, where she's taking the whole thing with Jedah more serious than she really should.

Basically she's a more straightforward, static character, not a whole lot of depth, but she hardly needs more, while Felicia has more flaws but can grow beyond them, to a certain extent.

OST in general are good with those, unless we're talking about MvC:I
    Thanks for the clarification on Morrigan. Some of that stuff, I actually forgot. And I do have a couple of UDON Darkstalkers collections, if I recall right. Should reread them sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Talking about Marvel vs Capcom huh? I approve.

And to echo the words of another fine gentlemen in this thread, still better than Carlie.

**** yeah it is!
    You're not wrong. I'd also like to ship high school-era Peter (mainly the Ultimate comics and Spectacular animated versions) with Sakura Kasugano, and I'm fond of pairing that version of Peter with Morrigan's spirit clone/kid sister Lilith as well. Of course, given that Lilith is technically a kind of clone of Morrigan, I'd find it interesting to pair her with the Scarlet Spiders (Ben and Kaine from 616, Jessica Drew from Ultimate), though not necessarily romantically in the case of Ben and Kaine, even if they are chronologically younger than she is (albeit physically and mentally older).

Hah, nice one lol.

If I randomly decide to torture myself by searching around for Spidey fan art in Deviantart and see a recent picture of those two, I'll know who made it .

He could point that she reminds him of Felicia given her playtful nature, which, would be funny if they do that 'cause, in MvC3, he has a win quote where he says "What is it with me and cat women named Felicia? Jeez", and he says that after defeating Felicia, Darkstalkers' catgirl lol.
    Ha, yes. I have also been tempted to ship Spider-Man with Darkstalkers' Felicia, mostly for the hijinks that would result from a jealous Black Cat, and maybe throw Morrigan into the mix as well.

Speaking of Morrigan, I think that if marvel wants to break MJ and Peter they should do something with Norah. It couls bring an interesting new dynamic with Peter dating someone kinda sleazy. Also the Rhino two-parter was one of the few highlights of BND era
    Peter/Norah could be interesting, especially with their dynamic during the ill-fated "livestreaming suit" era and in the first half or so of Non-Stop Spider-Man by Joe Kelly.

BANNED

Morrigan is a lame excuse of a fun personified character that wont embrace her true succubi concept becsuse capcom wants to make her mascot friendly and not irredemable like Demitri or BB Hood. Ibwish spidey snaps her neck like a twig.