Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Reiterating that she could do that in New 52.

Are we limiting this to stuff like medieval weapons? Because I think it'd be funny if she summoned her robot plane and it started shooting its guns at bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

Are we limiting this to stuff like medieval weapons? Because I think it'd be funny if she summoned her robot plane and it started shooting its guns at bad guys.
    That was her storing swords in the bracelets if I recall.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Conjuring conventional looking weapons would be boring. Thena's whole thing is that she conjurs weapons...yes...but they arent just your boring old weapons.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, wait - we could include the Invisible Plane in this scenario? Nevermind, then. I am all for it!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Wonder Woman One Million can do both those things. She has a item that transforms into weapons and even the plane

I wouldn't want Diana to conjure weapons like MCU Thena. However, I liked that in the DCnU52 Diana could store weapons in her bracelets. I thought that was an interesting upgrade from Hephaestus and I wouldn't mind if Diana still kept that. I think her bracelets should allow the following:

-super defense (obvs)
    -summoning weapons/shields/armor (per Heph)
    -AOE energy blast (like the DCEU)/summon Zeus lightning like pre-DCnU 52 did with Aegis of Zeus

I'm not saying I want her pulling out sword and shield every issue but every once in a while would be ok with me. I really only want her using the Lasso of Truth as her main weapon.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Conjuring conventional looking weapons would be boring. Thena's whole thing is that she conjurs weapons...yes...but they arent just your boring old weapons.

Seem like just energy versions of standard weapons?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seem like just energy versions of standard weapons?

It is but its visually more interesting and not as boring if it were just regular old weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is an idea that popped into my head when considering Thena of the Eternals who is compared to/possibly inspired by Wonder Woman. I wondered if it would have been considered a good idea to give Diana the ability to conjure weapons and if this would have set her apart from other flying bricks in the DCU. Granted, there is also the issue of comparing her to Green Lantern.

Thoughts?
    She'd be like Glory and 52 kind of did that. I suppose that with the mystical skills and spells Messner-Loebs added, that and other things are well within her ability.

However, pre Flashturd WW already had THE best gear at standard. There literally are no better options according to what's been shown

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wonder Woman One Million can do both those things. She has a item that transforms into weapons and even the plane
    That's a different thing entirely.

I think there is a Mugen super EX move that does exactly that LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    She'd be like Glory and 52 kind of did that. I suppose that with the mystical skills and spells Messner-Loebs added, that and other things are well within her ability.

However, pre Flashturd WW already had THE best gear at standard. There literally are no better options according to what's been shown
    When did Glory have that power?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It is but its visually more interesting and not as boring if it were just regular old weapons.
    But when they functionally do the same thing that just seems an artist issue.

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman should only have 3 weapons. Magic tiara, gauntlets, and lasso of truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When did Glory have that power?
    Glory could do that within the first twelve issues. Someone was trying to use her staff/glave thing and proclaims that the enemy will not add Amazonian arms to their arsenal, makes a grabbing gesture, and the weapon disappears from enemy hands to reappear in Glory's