Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ASM Artist

Carlos Gomez
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

Frank Quitely on a spidey run would be insane

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Urge View Post
    Frank Quitely on a spidey run would be insane
    https://twitter.com/coolcomicart/sta...8?lang=zh-Hant

I reckon he is too slow for a monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Carlos Gomez
    Carlos Gomez deserves more Spider-Work...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm very happy with John Romita Jr's art actually and hope he sticks around a long time.

But as an alternative, I think Batman's Jorge Jiminez would be amazing.
    I agree with everything you said.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I loved Gleasons recent art. He draws a great Spidey and Peter.
    Totally agree, Marvel gets someone who'd be a perfect Spider-man artist and who has proved can keep the schedule but uses them to... draw the occasional issue and write? Good job, Nick!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Totally agree, Marvel gets someone who'd be a perfect Spider-man artist and who has proved can keep the schedule but uses them to... draw the occasional issue and write? Good job, Nick!
    I have no idea why Gleason was replaced. His art was the highlight of the Spencer run.

Amazing Member

I would have liked Arthur Adams have a run at ASM. I know it will never happen, since he works at a slow pace.

BANNED

Anyone but Bagley. Are he and JR JR pushing 70 now? In any case Jr. should never draw a Spidey comic again, he's starting to resemble late stage Gene Colan or Herb Trimpe now.

JRJR art is top notch the only thing i think that stands out are the lines are too light so the colors tend to wash them. he is an artist color makes his work look pretty but the lines are the bread and butter. He just needs a good inker that respects his lines and keep the same colorist and watch how it shines. Not every artist thinks in the way an inker or colorist does even in the age of color. Especially one whose talent lays in technical application as much as style. There is a different feel even in digital from using a pencil tool and mindset or doing a pencil layout in your mind to a completed inked project.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    JRJR art is top notch the only thing i think that stands out are the lines are too light so the colors tend to wash them. he is an artist color makes his work look pretty but the lines are the bread and butter. He just needs a good inker that respects his lines and keep the same colorist and watch how it shines. Not every artist thinks in the way an inker or colorist does even in the age of color. Especially one whose talent lays in technical application as much as style. There is a different feel even in digital from using a pencil tool and mindset or doing a pencil layout in your mind to a completed inked project.
    Still think he wont be on the team for too long and then only saving grace for the run will be gone

Spectacular Member

It appears that as of issue 9, there will be a new artist as Gleason returns and then Nick Dagotta is on issue 10

BANNED

Romita Jr's still doing the covers in the meantime.

Sounds wonderful. Interior artwork from JRJR will be sorely missed, though...

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I liked Ottley and wish he had longer or more to do with what we had.