Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
I can see why fans of the comic book were disappointed with BIRDS OF PREY. But Warner did try to let you know through the trailers and the change in the title that this wasn't going to be the comic book movie you wanted. Of course, some people try to avoid spoilers, so I can imagine there were those who went into the theatre expecting one thing and got a bait and switch.

I try to set aside any expectations when I go into a movie. Still, what I saw in the advance publicity made me think it was going to be a train wreck. So maybe that's why I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't so bad as I had been led to believe.

For me it's all about the egg sandwich. That's what got me hooked into the plot and seeing how that quest played out was enough to satisfy me. I'm ruled by my stomach.
Clearly for Harley as well. It's not a good sign when the lead character's most emotional scene involves a sandwich. Even then, the sandwich hadn't been built up enough for the audience to connect to it. (in terms of its metaphorical meaning) I don't think the movie was terrible, it just fell flat to me - a lot of wasted potential. (and characters - I mean, I loved their version of Huntress, but there wasn't enough of her)