Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #92 Preview

Nightwing #92 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

This is just making me miss the classic Batgirl suit more. Like, what's Redondo's design got over that beauty of a costume? White eyes? Purple?

Although seeing Batgirl with freckles reminds me of All-Star Batman and Robin. Remember that ending with Babs about to face jail time for her expletive-fueled skateboard vigilante rampage?

I do like a good Batgirl and Robin team-up. Of course they don't listen to Batman but still end up needing to be saved by him.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hurm... beautiful art... but I'm gonna need a clear size difference between Babs and Dick because the timeline so far is supposed to be like this...

- Batman and Dick as a young Robin sans pants in World's Finest
    - Dick and Babs first met in Gotham Park as high school junior fighting bullies and Babs saw Wayne Manor for the first time
    - This scene
    - Kara and Dick as older teen Robin with pants in World's Finest

But Babs now look like an adult while Dick is still a mid teen even though their Gotham Park meeting they're the same size

Though I can just chalk it up to the art prioritizing homage to old comics when Dick and Babs have a larger age difference if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hurm... beautiful art... but I'm gonna need a clear size difference between Babs and Dick because the timeline so far is supposed to be like this...

- Dick and Babs first met in Gotham Park as high school junior fighting bullies and Babs saw Wayne Manor for the first time
    - This scene

But Babs now look like an adult while Dick is still a mid teen even though their Gotham Park meeting they're the same size

Though I can just chalk it up to the art prioritizing homage to old comics when Dick and Babs have a larger age difference if necessary
    I wonder if they'll ever retcon Batgirl: Year One back into continuity.

Not a fan of Dick being so impulsive here. It wouldn't be so bad, but he's also incompetent enough to get hit straight away and go down.

Also what's with Tom giving Dick head injuries? It's happening every few issues, and we've all got trauma from injustice.

Extraordinary Member

- This scene

Girls mature faster then boys plus heels
    When he returns from his titans exploits he will be man wonder

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    True...
    I'm gonna guess-assign the ages a bit
    Debut - 12
    Past World's Finest - 13
    Teen Titans - 14
    Gotham Park - 15
    This scene -16
    Kara World's Finest - 17
    Fired - 18
    My male friends shot up in height suddenly at age 15-16 so yeah I guess it works. Dick is about the same size in here and in Gotham Park flashback. So him being short right now still fits.

- This scene

I think its their way of skating around the they were the same age now edict. Following the edict technically, yet letting the readers eyes see the classic dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    Not a fan of Dick being so impulsive here. It wouldn't be so bad, but he's also incompetent enough to get hit straight away and go down.

Also what's with Tom giving Dick head injuries? It's happening every few issues, and we've all got trauma from injustice.
    I'm fine with Robin being impulsive, but isn't Dick getting saved a lot in this run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It looks like her boots are flat here, so Redondo didn't go classic enough to give Batgirl heels .

True...
    I'm gonna guess-assign the ages a bit
    Debut - 12
    Past World's Finest - 13
    Teen Titans - 14
    Gotham Park - 15
    This scene -16
    Kara World's Finest - 17
    Fired - 18
    My male friends shot up in height suddenly at age 15-16 so yeah I guess it works. Dick is about the same size in here and in Gotham Park flashback. So him being short right now still fits.
    As a rough estimate yeah I would say this lines generally lines up with what we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with Robin being impulsive, but isn't Dick getting saved a lot in this run?
    I think its meant to show Dick's friendships/relationships that he has built in the DC universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think its meant to show Dick's friendships/relationships that he has built in the DC universe.
    Which, y'know, is cool...but I kind of prefer my protagonist getting himself out of messes and taking care of things on his own.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which, y'know, is cool...but I kind of prefer my protagonist getting himself out of messes and taking care of things on his own.
    This run has done nothing to establish Dick as a competent character. It’s more of the same with brighter colors and nostalgia. This storyline has dragged.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    This run has done nothing to establish Dick as a competent character. It’s more of the same with brighter colors and nostalgia. This storyline has dragged.
    It makes me nostalgic for Seeley .

This run wants you to like the character for his character more so then because he can beat up so and so. It’s trying to establish the reason readers would want to see Dick accomplish things or win fights in the first place.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This run wants you to like the character for his character more so then because he can beat up so and so. It’s trying to establish the reason readers would want to see Dick accomplish things or win fights in the first place.
    ^This. Especially as we all already know that he is capable of beating up so and so.

It's just a different storytelling perspective of a well established character.

That said, I would still like a bit more action in each issue but I'm far from "upset" with the run as some others.