Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with Robin being impulsive, but isn't Dick getting saved a lot in this run?
    I thought so too, for the first arc or so. It's felt like less of a problem as time goes on though. Maybe it's just me?

Taylor was leaning on Dick's injury in the first arc, and Dick not being back to 100% yet. It's mentioned a bunch of times, reminding readers that Dick had recently taken a bullet to the head. It wasn't satisfying, after so many years of abuse I wanted to see Dick wearing so much plot armor and being such a badass he'd make Batman look slow. But re-reading it, I can't say it didn't make sense or was "bad" storytelling. It just wasn't the fanservice I wanted.

But over the last few issues I don't really remember Dick getting chumped. He's had some help and still taken some knocks sure, but that's just felt like typical superheroics and Dick never really felt incompetent or weak to me. Like, sure, Wally took down the Beast and his goons before Dick could really do anything but that's what we'd expect and demand; Wally's the friggin Flash.

I still have my issues with the run, don't get me wrong, and I'm still waiting for that moment of raw badassery. But even though he's getting beat to crap here, again, it still feels like less of an issue than it was.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There's a George Perez cameo in the book

Incredible Member

Decent issue. The opening was a bit long. i do not mind heart warming moments but at least pepper them in and work them into the story. It feels like we get one every issue at this point. I would also like to see some of Dicks flaws, other than "he is just such a good/helpful person".

Loved seeing him interact with Bruce and Jon showing up. Dick using his resources and relationships to organize and further his goals is really cool. Shows he is proactively able to plan but still allows his solution to feel uniquely his.

Looking forward to seeing the story continue to progress.

Yeah, it was a good set up for the arc, let's see what they have in store next.

Not much more to say.
    The art is stunning as usual.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The art is stunning as usual.
    Don't now, it looks way to clean and perfect for my taste.

It makes the whole city look kind of artificial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

As in not enough texture?

Like Google Sketchup? Clean architecture/interior design drawing?

I find the art of this book incredible.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Like Google Sketchup? Clean architecture/interior design drawing?
    Likely, I'm pretty sure the backgrounds are somehow digitally created.

I mean that still better far better than the Catwoman book where they seem to use photos (of photo realistic 3D Models) as back grounds...

And I can't say that I'm a big fan of the colouring.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it is terrible or anything, but I also don't find it exceptional.

Redondo drawing the classic Batgirl look just makes me miss that costume even more. It especially makes the current suit feel lacking.

Likely, I'm pretty sure the backgrounds are somehow digitally created.

I mean that still better far better than the Catwoman book where they seem to use photos (of photo realistic 3D Models) as back grounds...

And I can't say that I'm a big fan of the colouring.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it is terrible or anything, but I also don't find it exceptional.
    Everything is digital. He draws on iPad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Everything is digital. He draws on iPad.
    For me there is still a differnce between drawing stuff free hand (even if it done on a iPad or something similar instead of paper) and positioning shapes that were drawn by the computer.

Since in one case the artist actually draws something and in the other he is typing some parameters into a computer program.