Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: The Knight #5 Preview

Batman: The Knight #5 Preview
    Writer: Chip Zdarsky
    Artist: Carmine Di Giandomenico

Those rascally russkies...

Mighty Member

People on twitter are saying this issue seems to imply Bruce is bi or bi-curious based on this: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-bi...ight-spoilers/

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    People on twitter are saying this issue seems to imply Bruce is bi or bi-curious based on this: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-bi...ight-spoilers/
    Well, at the very least Ghost-Maker definitely had a crush on him.

I see a Bruce tricking the guy into stealing it.

Amazing Member

Its twitter dude...... y'know how they are

Ultimate Member

LOL... every time a guy gets within a foot of another guy, Twitter says they're gay.

That being said, that panel is quite..interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    LOL... every time a guy gets within a foot of another guy, Twitter says they're gay.

That being said, that panel is quite..interesting.
    I think they're assuming Bruce was open to it, but I think the other guys' intention is more clear (especially since we know canonically he's Bi).

It's not happening.

Reading the issue, it will definitely be interpreted in 2 ways by fans. 1. is Bruce possibly being open to those advances, which is a pretty huge development you wouldn't think DC would just introduce here, but Zdarsky is also set to be the main Batman writer so it could definitely be in his plans to tease it here and fully explore it in the main book. 2. Is that it was a ruse Bruce used to to his advantage to steal the book he was tasked with getting that was in Ghost-Maker's possession.

I'm leaning towards 2 since from what we've explored of Bruce and Ghost-Maker's past, the relationship seemed completely platonic on Bruce's part, though Ghost-Maker being attracted to Bruce isn't such a surprise since we know he's Bi and it was even theorized he had an attraction to him when it was revealed he was Bi. I'm honestly not sure if DC would go through with Bruce being bi, but it would grab all the headlines on and even larger scale than Jon Kent Superman's reveal. Who knows? They could all surprise us, let's see.

There's no interpretation, it was a ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    There's no interpretation, it was a ruse.
    I read it as a ruse and I was off the forums for a bit, and didn't even expect it like most of the internet fandom. But some people will read it as something else. I lean towards ruse, but others will definitely think it was suggestive. It's a really interesting thing to tease in any capacity at all, since it will cause heaps of discussion which I assume was the intention.

It was a fun issue and I thought it was interesting that Bruce didn't take to spywork that easily.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I love stories set before Bruce Wayne became Batman. I fondly remember a story written by the dearly departed Brian Augustyn about Bruce and one of his many teachers in The Batman Chronicles 6. Are there any stories that focus on Bruce's training prior to becoming Batman. Stories like Shaman, Blind Justice, and the Man Who Falls are among my favorites for this reason.

I'm looking forward to reading The Knight in trade, even though Carmine Di Giandomenico's artwork relies a bit too heavily on 3D models for my taste.

Amazing Member

So is Batman Bi or not?