Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    After how her last arc ended, I def don't think she is particularly lighthearted at the moment. I'm glad she has someone like Harley to help her lighten up.
    Yeah, I get it, but I see that in more of a friendship context which I think didn't need that kind of intimate reaction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I get it, but I see that in more of a friendship context which I think didn't need that kind of intimate reaction.
    I mean, lots of people have friends-with-benefits style relationships. Neither really seem like the type to oppose that kind of idea. I honestly feel that it would be completely in character for the both of them.

And (generally) there is often a difference between sex and intimacy.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean, lots of people have friends-with-benefits style relationships. Neither really seem like the type to oppose that kind of idea. I honestly feel that it would be completely in character for the both of them.

And (generally) there is often a difference between sex and intimacy.
    With other characters maybe, but I don't think it fits with the established characterization of their dynamic (even without Ivy there).

Astonishing Member

With other characters maybe, but I don't think it fits with the established characterization of their dynamic (even without Ivy there).
    Agree to disagree. I think it would be completely in keeping with their personalities.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Agree to disagree. I think it would be completely in keeping with their personalities.
    I guess I'm just going off past interactions between the two and how Harley tends to come off to people, even supposed friends .

Astonishing Member

I guess I'm just going off past interactions between the two and how Harley tends to come off to people, even supposed friends .
    Admittedly, I haven't read every interaction between the two. That said, I think I'm familiar with each of them enough (at least with how certain writers have chosen to portray them) that I can see the two having a fling or two on a case-by-case basis.

Admittedly, I haven't read every interaction between the two. That said, I think I'm familiar with each of them enough (at least with how certain writers have chosen to portray them) that I can see the two having a fling or two on a case-by-case basis.
    My read on their relationship after reading past comics with them together is that they're friendly enough but Harley tends to get on Selina's nerves. I think Selina sees her more like a kid sister (which, granted, she has plenty of).

Astonishing Member

My read on their relationship after reading past comics with them together is that they're friendly enough but Harley tends to get on Selina's nerves. I think Selina sees her more like a kid sister (which, granted, she has plenty of).
    That's one read. That said, just because a person gets on another's nerves doesn't necessarily mean sex is off the table. lol

That's one read. That said, just because a person gets on another's nerves doesn't necessarily mean sex is off the table. lol
    Well, I wouldn't call it belligerent sexual tension, but your mileage may vary .

Mighty Member

me too................I don't see anything sexual be

it just seems that since Valentine's giving her lesbian tendencies, people want to read into close female friendships that Selina has

not crazy about Frank Miller giving her a sex worker past and I think that is part of what led to this

before Frank Miller stuff, I never thought of Catwoman as being very sexual

I just saw her as a villainess who had a mutual attraction with Batman and was the femme fatale to a certain extent and had reformed and became a crimefighter before being made into villainess again by the Joker

I never thought she was going to made bisexual and have relationships with women ........especially with her being part of an iconic pairing with Batman

this is coming from a liberal, progressive person
    maybe I tend to be somewhat conservative when it comes to comics.............some things that I don't want changed
    sexuality of longtime iconic characters is one of them.......especially if they're part of iconic pairings that tend to my favorite

Bruce/Selina is one of my favorite comic book couples
    only Peter/Mary Jane is a pairing that I like more
    I like Dick/Kory, but I feel hopeless about them with Dick/Barbara being pushed so much
    Last edited by Starrius; 05-23-2022 at 09:38 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Huh that’s entirely not how their relationship is portrayed here. Plus they seem determined to put Harley and Ivy’s relationship onto the rocks possibly for good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    me too................I don't see anything sexual be

it just seems that since Valentine's giving her lesbian tendencies, people want to read into close female friendships that Selina has

not crazy about Frank Miller giving her a sex worker past and I think that is part of what led to this

before Frank Miller stuff, I never thought of Catwoman as being very sexual

I just saw her as a villainess who had a mutual attraction with Batman and was the femme fatale to a certain extent and had reformed and became a crimefighter before being made into villainess again by the Joker

I never thought she was going to made bisexual and have relationships with women ........especially with her being part of an iconic pairing with Batman

this is coming from a liberal, progressive person
    maybe I tend to be somewhat conservative when it comes to comics.............some things that I don't want changed
    sexuality of longtime iconic characters is one of them.......especially if they're part of iconic pairings that tend to my favorite

Bruce/Selina is one of my favorite comic book couples
    only Peter/Mary Jane is a pairing that I like more
    I like Dick/Kory, but I feel hopeless about them with Dick/Barbara being pushed so much
    In my view Bruce is a much better fit with Talia. They’ve always seem a more credible couple than him and Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    In my view Bruce is a much better fit with Talia. They’ve always seem a more credible couple than him and Selina.
    Talia's done worse than Selina though.

Incredible Member

Talia's done worse than Selina though.
    That would seem somewhat irrelevant to if they make a good pair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    That would seem somewhat irrelevant to if they make a good pair or not.
    Well, in the context of Batman being a good guy I think it's relevant .