Extraordinary Member

Default Catwoman #43 Preview

Catwoman #43 Preview
    Writer: Tini Howard
    Artist: Bengal

That cover...thighs. Just, thighs .

This Bengal art is amazing!

Woof. Roman has seen better days .

Selina and Bruce are "on break." Bruce is making out with Talia. who knows where this is all going to go.

I know there have been one or two SelinaxHarley issues, but I really tend to think of them as friends the way Harley and Ivy are, and I feel like Selina and Ivy have a more defined dynamic.

I want Bengal as a regular artist.

BANNED

I suppose Selina doesn't want to see Bruce because she's been stealing things while back in Gotham, because they were quite happy seeing each other back in Alleytown when Ram V was on the book and crossed them over

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I suppose Selina doesn't want to see Bruce because she's been stealing things while back in Gotham, because they were quite happy seeing each other back in Alleytown when Ram V was on the book and crossed them over
    Are they setting up a possible love triangle or love quadrangle...?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Should be Quinn and Cat
    Quinn of Cats
    Cat Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I want Bengal as a regular artist.
    Same. It looks so good and fits so well.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Having Selina be sexually attracted to Harley Quinn is so incredibly OoC. Do authors get paid extra to induce Harleywank?

Can't wait until this author is done. There's zero dramatic tension in this book, the dialogue overall is weird and (at the risk of sounding trite myself) cringeworthy. Not to mention Selina is more just a talking piece for Howard instead of the character she should be. Yet another comic carried solely by the artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Having Selina be sexually attracted to Harley Quinn is so incredibly OoC. Do authors get paid extra to induce Harleywank?

Can't wait until this author is done. There's zero dramatic tension in this book, the dialogue overall is weird and (at the risk of sounding trite myself) cringeworthy. Not to mention Selina is more just a talking piece for Howard instead of the character she should be. Yet another comic carried solely by the artists.
    I've heard that Selina is lusting after practically every attractive woman in this book.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, hasn't it been established that Selina is canonically bi? And Harley is an attractive woman. Selina has never seemed like the type to write an attraction off just because she doesn't see it as relationship material.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, hasn't it been established that Selina is canonically bi? And Harley is an attractive woman. Selina has never seemed like the type to write an attraction off just because she doesn't see it as relationship material.
    It's never been a part of her relationship with Harley before, and on a personal level I just don't see Harley as her type. If anything Harley annoys her more.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It does kind of feel like Howard is making up for lost time with having Selina be attracted to women since the bisexual reveal, almost as if the mission statement of the book is "we need to make sure everyone is aware she's bi while stress she's free from Bruce.

I'm not against it, in fact I think it's the right move, but I really wish it wasn't Harley being the object of her affections. Oh well.

I'm not really digging the book all that much of late. It's taken a downturn since Ram V left. The varient covers by Frison are excellent but I think they've become the primary reason I'm getting the book.

Maybe I wasn't in the right headspace when I was catching up, so I'll give this a look again in a little while and hopefully I come away appreciating it more.

Bengal was great here, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's never been a part of her relationship with Harley before, and on a personal level I just don't see Harley as her type. If anything Harley annoys her more.
    Largely how I see it too. I know Selina isn't one to hide an attraction (she did enjoy ogling Superman in Waid's Brave and the Bold), but Selina definitely likes the brooding emotionally stunted types based on her history.

Harley is very much not that. She's closer to annoying kid sister, or her other friend's girlfriend.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-21-2022 at 08:18 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, while I enjoyed King's run on Batman immensely, between that and the events of her own series, I can see how Selina wouldn't mind someone more on the lighthearted side. And Harley fits that bill perfectly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly, while I enjoyed King's run on Batman immensely, between that and the events of her own series, I can see how Selina wouldn't mind someone more on the lighthearted side. And Harley fits that bill perfectly.
    I think it's less the issue of the person being lighthearted and more the idea of it being Harley specifically. Well, that and Selina is more often the lighthearted one in her relationship dynamics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's less the issue of the person being lighthearted and more the idea of it being Harley specifically. Well, that and Selina is more often the lighthearted one in her relationship dynamics.
    After how her last arc ended, I def don't think she is particularly lighthearted at the moment. I'm glad she has someone like Harley to help her lighten up.