Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,768

    Default Catwoman #43 Preview

    Catwoman #43 Preview
    Writer: Tini Howard
    Artist: Bengal


  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,843

    Default

    That cover...thighs. Just, thighs .

    This Bengal art is amazing!

    Woof. Roman has seen better days .

    Selina and Bruce are "on break." Bruce is making out with Talia. who knows where this is all going to go.

    I know there have been one or two SelinaxHarley issues, but I really tend to think of them as friends the way Harley and Ivy are, and I feel like Selina and Ivy have a more defined dynamic.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    I want Bengal as a regular artist.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    I suppose Selina doesn't want to see Bruce because she's been stealing things while back in Gotham, because they were quite happy seeing each other back in Alleytown when Ram V was on the book and crossed them over

  5. #5
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I suppose Selina doesn't want to see Bruce because she's been stealing things while back in Gotham, because they were quite happy seeing each other back in Alleytown when Ram V was on the book and crossed them over
    Are they setting up a possible love triangle or love quadrangle...?

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    9,144

    Default

    Should be Quinn and Cat
    Quinn of Cats
    Cat Quinn

  7. #7
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I want Bengal as a regular artist.
    Same. It looks so good and fits so well.

  8. #8

    Default

    Having Selina be sexually attracted to Harley Quinn is so incredibly OoC. Do authors get paid extra to induce Harleywank?

    Can't wait until this author is done. There's zero dramatic tension in this book, the dialogue overall is weird and (at the risk of sounding trite myself) cringeworthy. Not to mention Selina is more just a talking piece for Howard instead of the character she should be. Yet another comic carried solely by the artists.

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Having Selina be sexually attracted to Harley Quinn is so incredibly OoC. Do authors get paid extra to induce Harleywank?

    Can't wait until this author is done. There's zero dramatic tension in this book, the dialogue overall is weird and (at the risk of sounding trite myself) cringeworthy. Not to mention Selina is more just a talking piece for Howard instead of the character she should be. Yet another comic carried solely by the artists.
    I've heard that Selina is lusting after practically every attractive woman in this book.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,214

    Default

    I mean, hasn't it been established that Selina is canonically bi? And Harley is an attractive woman. Selina has never seemed like the type to write an attraction off just because she doesn't see it as relationship material.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

  11. #11
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, hasn't it been established that Selina is canonically bi? And Harley is an attractive woman. Selina has never seemed like the type to write an attraction off just because she doesn't see it as relationship material.
    It's never been a part of her relationship with Harley before, and on a personal level I just don't see Harley as her type. If anything Harley annoys her more.

  12. #12
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,416

    Default

    It does kind of feel like Howard is making up for lost time with having Selina be attracted to women since the bisexual reveal, almost as if the mission statement of the book is "we need to make sure everyone is aware she's bi while stress she's free from Bruce.

    I'm not against it, in fact I think it's the right move, but I really wish it wasn't Harley being the object of her affections. Oh well.

    I'm not really digging the book all that much of late. It's taken a downturn since Ram V left. The varient covers by Frison are excellent but I think they've become the primary reason I'm getting the book.

    Maybe I wasn't in the right headspace when I was catching up, so I'll give this a look again in a little while and hopefully I come away appreciating it more.

    Bengal was great here, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's never been a part of her relationship with Harley before, and on a personal level I just don't see Harley as her type. If anything Harley annoys her more.
    Largely how I see it too. I know Selina isn't one to hide an attraction (she did enjoy ogling Superman in Waid's Brave and the Bold), but Selina definitely likes the brooding emotionally stunted types based on her history.

    Harley is very much not that. She's closer to annoying kid sister, or her other friend's girlfriend.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-21-2022 at 08:18 PM.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,214

    Default

    Honestly, while I enjoyed King's run on Batman immensely, between that and the events of her own series, I can see how Selina wouldn't mind someone more on the lighthearted side. And Harley fits that bill perfectly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly, while I enjoyed King's run on Batman immensely, between that and the events of her own series, I can see how Selina wouldn't mind someone more on the lighthearted side. And Harley fits that bill perfectly.
    I think it's less the issue of the person being lighthearted and more the idea of it being Harley specifically. Well, that and Selina is more often the lighthearted one in her relationship dynamics.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's less the issue of the person being lighthearted and more the idea of it being Harley specifically. Well, that and Selina is more often the lighthearted one in her relationship dynamics.
    After how her last arc ended, I def don't think she is particularly lighthearted at the moment. I'm glad she has someone like Harley to help her lighten up.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •