Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    You don't get it though. She healed it, but how fast would that healing be when being rushed at by a casual bullet timer? Heck, what's stopping Flash from just taking WWs sword himself and decapitating Wanda from the bell?
    No, you don't get it.

She it too tough for that sword to hurt her wielded by Flash. She no-sells much more massive hits that that. Teams of Kamar Taj mages trying to attack her and she autoshields most of it. Their super cannon smashes her into a stone building and destroys it, she flies out unharmed. Flash cannot hurt her.

But Superman can, so that's enough.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    No, you don't get it.

She it too tough for that sword to hurt her wielded by Flash. She no-sells much more massive hits that that. Teams of Kamar Taj mages trying to attack her and she autoshields most of it. Their super cannon smashes her into a stone building and destroys it, she flies out unharmed. Flash cannot hurt her.

If Flash is so weak then how was he able to push a pick up truck with three people inside miles away in just a few seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    If Flash is so weak then how was he able to push a pick up truck with three people inside miles away in just a few seconds?
    Nobody said he's "weak" - but Wanda's now a freaking monster. Massive, explicit upgrades in there. DCEU Flash isn't hurting her, at all.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

No, you don't get it.

Didn't WWs sword hurt doomsday?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not when wielded by Flash, it sure as hell didn't.

And WW isn't fast enough to get to Wanda before Wanda reacts and kills her. And her damage output and other stuff will do that, trivially.

Again, none of that matters, as Superman is absolutely fast enough to blitz Wanda and absolutely does enough damage to at least get a 10 count.

Not when wielded by Flash, it sure as hell didn't.

And WW isn't fast enough to get to Wanda before Wanda reacts and kills her. And her damage output and other stuff will do that, trivially.

Again, none of that matters, as Superman is absolutely fast enough to blitz Wanda and absolutely does enough damage to at least get a 10 count.
    Wouldn't wielding the sword at super speed more than make up for whatever Flash is lacking? Does that sword have any other showings?

Wouldn't wielding the sword at super speed more than make up for whatever Flash is lacking? Does that sword have any other showings?
    Flash needs feats for damaging someone as tough as Wanda, and he doesn't have those.

The sword needs feats I guess for being capable of getting through Wanda's defenses, and it doesn't really have that, given what she does to and at Kamar Taj.

As for other showings, no, it really doesn't. It doesn't do anything of note to Steppenwolf, kills Parademons (just like bullets and Batman) doesn't hit Clark, etc. There's not much to say that it's significantly more dangerous than a regular sword, really, except the Doomsday thing, and even that... was as much to show that Doomsday was just going to regen as anything else IMO.

Flash needs feats for damaging someone as tough as Wanda, and he doesn't have those.

The sword needs feats I guess for being capable of getting through Wanda's defenses, and it doesn't really have that, given what she does to and at Kamar Taj.

As for other showings, no, it really doesn't. It doesn't do anything of note to Steppenwolf, kills Parademons (just like bullets and Batman) doesn't hit Clark, etc. There's not much to say that it's significantly more dangerous than a regular sword, really, except the Doomsday thing, and even that... was as much to show that Doomsday was just going to regen as anything else IMO.
    Wanda has never shown to have piercing resistance. That sword is going through her unless she shows feats otherwise.

Also; Doomsday is a mutated Zod. If the sword cuts him, it cuts Superman. If it cuts Superman, it cuts Wanda.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-16-2022 at 02:42 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Wanda has never shown to have piercing resistance. That sword is going through her unless she shows feats otherwise.

Also; Doomsday is a mutated Zod. If the sword cuts him, it cuts Superman. If it cuts Superman, it cuts Wanda.
    Cody, you have been here long enough to know that we don't go with compartmentalized durability unless it's specifically shown. Otherwise we get such silliness as "Man of Steel Superman has shown no resistance to pierecing, ergo I can kill him with an Ikea steak knife!"

Flash has no feats for hurting anyone remotely as tough as SW Wanda, so he just can't do it. You can give him an adamantium crowbar and have him swing it as hard as he's been shown to hit, that's not even going to touch Wanda given her autoshields in the Kamar Taj fight. Wonder Woman's sword is all of a sword unless it's shown to be more, and her previous sword, the actual special holy sword, sure as hell wasn't special enough to have a chance against a Kryptonian (it was trivially smashed by the waaaaaaay-less-than-Kryptonian Ares). Why would this one be different?

Cody, you have been here long enough to know that we don't go with compartmentalized durability unless it's specifically shown. Otherwise we get such silliness as "Man of Steel Superman has shown no resistance to pierecing, ergo I can kill him with an Ikea steak knife!"
    Except he has shown a resistance to that and always does, unlike most magic users who are typically glass cannons against non-magical attacks. There is no indication thst Wanda is taking a sword to the head, sorry.

Flash has no feats for hurting anyone remotely as tough as SW Wanda, so he just can't do it. You can give him an adamantium crowbar and have him swing it as hard as he's been shown to hit, that's not even going to touch Wanda given her autoshields in the Kamar Taj fight.
    Against those as fast as her. What feats do her shields have against an attack the can't see coming? And how many of those attacks even made contact with her?

Wonder Woman's sword is all of a sword unless it's shown to be more,
    It cuts a mutated Kryptonian. That's not something a typical sword can do.

and her previous sword, the actual special holy sword, sure as hell wasn't special enough to have a chance against a Kryptonian (it was trivially smashed by the waaaaaaay-less-than-Kryptonian Ares). Why would this one be different?
    It was never that special of a sword. Diana and the rest of the Amazons thought it was when in reality it was Diana that was the god killer, not the sword. Are you saying Doomsday is somehow not as durable as a Kryptonian despite being Zod?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

If Wanda actually has shields or massive durability feats (have not seen movie, am not commenting on that), and we don't have anything to show otherwise, we don't go with compartmentalized durability.

Put another way, compartmentalized durability is not the assumption, it must be demonstrated. <-- This is how it has pretty much always been on Rumbles.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-16-2022 at 04:26 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If Wanda actually has shields or massive durability feats (have not seen movie, am not commenting on that), and we don't have anything to show otherwise, we don't go with compartmentalized durability.

Put another way, compartmentalized durability is not the assumption, it must be demonstrated. <-- This is how it has pretty much always been on Rumbles.
    She has massive durability and she has shields against attacks she doesn't see coming. Attacks that are bounced off her shields behind her, long before they touch her body.

And obviously I concur completely on compartmentalized durability. It's not a thing unless it explicitly is.

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Superman is enough gun, neither Flash nor Diana are.
    You are underselling Wonder Woman.

Those shots weren't impressive they were comparable to the arrows shot at her. Very slow response time compared to the reflexes of Wonder Woman, Superman and the Flash.

Exactly, she didn't once seem harmed by his blows either. She was scared of her own beam when she trapped by ring of glass spikes. Spikes in which she was scared of. If she can't be defeated by WW's sword, which has more feats than Wanda's statues and arrows, than why was blocking against them.

That's not true, her fight with Ares disproves that. When she appeared within seconds to attack after being yards away. She had range mode when Steve died and blitzed through like 20 people. As well as her jump speed from Batman Vs Superman. She healed when she wasn't attack.

Nothing Wanda has shown can say she can stand up to attacks of Wonder Woman or Superman. The best you have is statues and arrows. Captain Marvel blind sided her with smoke screens.

Your opinion is wrong because Doomsday was progressively more durable as he regenerated. Really all Wonder Woman has to do is clash her brackets to send Wanda flying.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 06-16-2022 at 09:41 PM.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Diana's sword made Steppenwolf bleed through his chain mail on the left side of his torso in the one clean hit she landed on him. Snyder Cut has it decapitate SW. Other Amazonian weapons such as Ares's axe have cut into New Gods. It's not a regular sword otherwise it would have snapped in half on Doomsday.

Ares also transmuted the sword that was used on him (or something like that) as it burst into ash against his palm like he was breaking it down, not tanking it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure