Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Married With Children Animated Reboot

Married With Children Animated Reboot In talks with original cast you know if this happens it has the potential to be the next family guy.

https://screenrant.com/married-with-...original-cast/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Married With Children Animated Reboot In talks with original cast you know if this happens it has the potential to be the next family guy.

I'm game. Not sure if the things that made Al Bundy stand out back then would differentiate him now though. Animated is the only way this show would work today. If it was brought back proper, no way would the jokes fly without people getting offended.

Utterly pointless exhuming of a corpse by money men with zero ideas. The only people looking forward to this are the ones obsessed with the word "Woke"

I don't know how much of an audience there is for an animated Married with Children but I guess animated adult sitcoms are still in vogue.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i dont think it's the worst series to attempt an animated reboot of but im not getting hopes up

Can't wait to see how watered down and bland it's going to be.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What's the point if Al Bundy can't make fun of fat women and form his anti feminism group?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's the point if Al Bundy can't make fun of fat women and form his anti feminism group?
    Agreed. 75% of Al's Jokes probably couldn't be 'tolerated' from certain people that Hollywood listens to

A Sequel would work better. "Married with Grandchildren"

Will it be like the comic?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The article says there are no networks attached. I think a lot of the tone might depend on who ends up deciding to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

Ironically, Family guy was created to be the next Simpsons and the Simpsons was originally marketed as an animated MWC.

Mighty Member

I don’t see how this will work or be funny in the 2020’s. It’s like making a remake of “All in the Family” in this era.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Can't wait to see how watered down and bland it's going to be.
    My thoughts exactly. By the standards of today, Al Bundy & co. said and did many extremely offensive things. While I thought most of it was funny I have thicker skin than a lot of younger people these days. It would be like rebooting my all-time favorite sitcom Sandford and Son; there is no way the character of Fred Sandford could cut loose on all the groups he hated (from immigrants to feminists to young people to the LGBTQ+ Community) as he did back in the 1970s.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The more I think about the idea, the less I like it.

There's a lot of reason why I don't think it would work.

A lot of the humor actually came from the actors expressions and you can't copy that in animation.

Likewise, another good hunk of humor came from what it couldn't show. It would describe the fat women at the shoe store, Peg's mom, and how Al Bundy's car was more rust than car, but it couldn't show it. Having the ability to show it, you loose the impact.

Also, we watched the characters grow up. Literally. Bud started out as a little kid and was in college when the show went off the air. It's hard to walk that back.

Most importantly though, Married with Children inspired Simpsons and Family Guy, so to turn that right back around and make Married inspired by SImposns makes the whole thing feel like a bad imitation of itself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The more I think about the idea, the less I like it.

There's a lot of reason why I don't think it would work.

A lot of the humor actually came from the actors expressions and you can't copy that in animation.

Likewise, another good hunk of humor came from what it couldn't show. It would describe the fat women at the shoe store, Peg's mom, and how Al Bundy's car was more rust than car, but it couldn't show it. Having the ability to show it, you loose the impact.

Also, we watched the characters grow up. Literally. Bud started out as a little kid and was in college when the show went off the air. It's hard to walk that back.

Most importantly though, Married with Children inspired Simpsons and Family Guy, so to turn that right back around and make Married inspired by SImposns makes the whole thing feel like a bad imitation of itself.
    I’d argue you can’t do it without the audience reactions either.