Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I still think Iceman x Christian x Daken could be the new Jean x Cyclops x Wolverine.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I say Bobby Drake x Johnny Storm is what needs to happen.

Mighty Member

Bummer. Duggan does nothing with him except highlight how powerful he is before ignoring him again.

So he'll probably get no development besides an issue where he does something impressive with his powers before going back to telling dad jokes.

I wanted him on RED.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I was shipping D-Man with Christian actually
    Shiz, I misread.

My point still stands. Bobby is free to lick his own popsicle. Christian can make music, or whatever the hell Eminem does these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ice Man and Johnny Cool from Desert Stars as a couple. JC could be a mutant.

dbb6204b27fd35d719df6f838ba1e267.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Might have some nice interplay with power sets between Shiro and Bobby, but otherwise I'm .... meh about this.

Writers don't really know what to do with him except repeatedly hammer the 'untapped potential' button over and over. Even when they were telling a different story (coming out, and coming to terms with his sexuality), it still followed pressing that same button (the Daken-Bobby storyline was the same as the Mystique-Bobby storyline, with the only difference being that Daken is a man). At the end of these stories, he accepts how powerful he is, but then proceeds to revert back needing to learn that lesson again.

I'd rather they work on fleshing out the current X-men cast more, or develop another 'next generation' mutant.

It would take quite an effort to make Cold Johnny Storm interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Co-signed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    While Bobby and Johnny could be fun, if we have to go with a Fire and Ice pairing I'll would go with the paring that would bring drama, Iceman and Inferno

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Might have some nice interplay with power sets between Shiro and Bobby, but otherwise I'm .... meh about this.

Writers don't really know what to do with him except repeatedly hammer the 'untapped potential' button over and over. Even when they were telling a different story (coming out, and coming to terms with his sexuality), it still followed pressing that same button (the Daken-Bobby storyline was the same as the Mystique-Bobby storyline, with the only difference being that Daken is a man). At the end of these stories, he accepts how powerful he is, but then proceeds to revert back needing to learn that lesson again.

I'd rather they work on fleshing out the current X-men cast more, or develop another 'next generation' mutant.
    My thing is his powerset's sheer versatility and breadth comes with SO MANY implications that could develop his character in all kinds of ways if they bothered to scratch beneath the surface....but instead they just keep it about his power LEVELS instead of how his power ITSELF actually affects his character and development.

Like, we've seen so often how Logan is affected by his longevity and ability to basically survive anything. How Jean is affected by her telepathy and knowledge of others, how Storm is affected by the way her powers connect her to nature, etc, etc, etc.

But with Bobby, writers keep hammering the point 'oh he's so powerful and he doesn't know what to do with all that/how to reconcile that' but like....nothing about the way his powers themselves affect his outlook. Like take the example you raised about his relationships with Mystique and his potential interest in Akihiro at one point.....what else do both those characters have in common besides their villain/anti-hero status? Their longevity. It easily could be argued that especially given his relationship with Mystique only came about during the same time he was first really made aware of just how extensive his own potential longevity/immortality was......maybe Bobby started to gravitate towards characters who were known for being long-lived or having the potential to survive or outlast most everyone else he knew....because suddenly he was hyper-aware of his own survivability and started to struggle with the idea that he might potentially outlive most of the people he cares about, and was afraid of being left behind and alone because all his loved ones would eventually die and he might not.

And then that creates an easy angle to explore in the current era....with mutant resurrection now affording EVERY mutant the opportunity to be just as potentially long-lived as Bobby's own powers make him....how might that change both how Bobby interacts with other characters (who he might have unconsciously been distancing himself from for years, at this point), as well as how that might make it easier for him to finally embrace his powers more fully, now that he doesn't have to view them as the very thing that was alienating him from his peers, making him feel like he couldn't relate to them or was afraid to get too close to anyone? It could raise the possibility that even after coming out as gay, the fear about outlasting romantic partners could have still been holding him back in relationships so perhaps mutant resurrection could be the very thing that has him finally willing to go all-in on a relationship, no longer having to fear a future without his partner, etc, etc.

That's the kind of thing I'd like to see them explore with his powers, rather than just the tired 'untapped potential' angle. Like, all that's raised as potential story and characterization fodder and its just ONE aspect of his powers and how he might be affected by having them.....how much more is there that you could dive into when you explore the implications of all the other things he can do and what those capabilities mean for him....the golems, splitting his consciousness among multiple bodies, healing, teleporting, his likely hydrokinesis, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Agree. I prefer Iceman to some copycat 'Wolvie' .

It's time Iceman gets to shine again. His stint in Marauders was just terrible.
    It is the same writer on both books

BANNED

Want & am trying to... *manage eXpectations* better, and not get overhyped, BUT...
    can't...

contain...
    eXcitement... it's...
    EXPLODING!!

The way he's DRAWN is PERFECT...ly IDEAL, and it's not just his...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    omfg. I was able to snag a screenshot of a preview of the tweet from one of the DMs that was still open in another tab!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ... Bobby is packing in that piece. Thanks, Villa!

the hair, the spikes on the shoulders & down his arms, the abs, pecs & entire torso, the pose, but most of all...
    that eXpression on his face, looks like he means business! More than mischievous, it's almost a tad... *sinister*

And I hate to hope against Hope [not really, c'mon... SELENE!], 'cause I know it's too good to be true, but still...

... drawing Bobby and friends... LOOKING FORWARD to @GerryDuggan and myself, upcoming X-Men issues... #13!

I made this a year ago as a Twitter header, and can't help but wonder... but nah, it couldn't be... could it?

Also, behind him in the background, it looks like space. Not that it confirms anything, but would seem likely, given what's goin' on now.

Either way, I'll be happy. I just hope *for real* that if Lorna & Shiro don't stay on, they have someplace to go, is all. He's at least got the rescue of Redroot to contend with, which is why I think she's the more likely of the 2. Besides being voted in, that is.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    omfg. I was able to snag a screenshot of a preview of the tweet from one of the DMs that was still open in another tab!

I'm excited at the prospect of having Iceman and Firestar on the same team

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Want & am trying to... *manage eXpectations* better, and not get overhyped, BUT...
    can't...

contain...
    eXcitement... it's...
    EXPLODING!!

The way he's DRAWN is PERFECT...ly IDEAL, and it's not just his...

the hair, the spikes on the shoulders & down his arms, the abs, pecs & entire torso, the pose, but most of all...
    that eXpression on his face, looks like he means business! More than mischievous, it's almost a tad... *sinister*

And I hate to hope against Hope [not really, c'mon... SELENE!], 'cause I know it's too good to be true, but still...

I made this a year ago as a Twitter header, and can't help but wonder... but nah, it couldn't be... could it?

Also, behind him in the background, it looks like space. Not that it confirms anything, but would seem likely, given what's goin' on now.

Either way, I'll be happy. I just hope *for real* that if Lorna & Shiro don't stay on, they have someplace to go, is all. He's at least got the rescue of Redroot to contend with, which is why I think she's the more likely of the 2. Besides being voted in, that is.
    I would absolutely love it if Lorna stayed on and Bobby joined. Fingers and toes crossed!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I would absolutely love it if Lorna stayed on and Bobby joined. Fingers and toes crossed!
    Same, it'd be MIRACULOUS, and thank you!! 🤞🤞