Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Yes ! My guy Bobby back in the spotlight. He's a fairly easy and fun character to write, so I'm expecting good characterization if not a lot of development.

Cyclops, Jean, Synch and Iceman confirmed, Year 2 promises to be really fun.

Mixed feelings about this. I really wanted him to be in Red instead, since I have more faith in Ewing to actually do something with him. And it really seemed like various hints pointed in Red's direction... alas. I do like Duggan as a writer and am enjoying X-men. I also really liked his Marauders run as a huge Emma fan. But he doesn't seem interested in Bobby so I don't know why he would be writing him again after doing virtually nothing with the character in the entire second half of that run. But being in the flagship book does offer a lot of potential for Bobby so... idk.

Astonishing Member

I'm gonna apply a wait and see approach while I would have loved an Iceman written by Ewing (who definitely would have knocked it out the park) I think Duggan has been doing a really good job with most of the cast. Here's hoping Bobby gets the attention that Duggan is giving to Jean, Cyke, and Synch and not *ahem* Shiro.

It's about time Bobby spent some page time with Jean and Scott so I'm happy for this.

Not very happy about this kind of confirming Angelica's win tho, especially if it's going to come at the cost of a Monet/Everett reunion in the main X-Men book.

I don't want the current team to go...

Mighty Member

I was really hoping that Bobby would end up in X-Men Red but I'm glad that he'll still be in the main X-Men book. I Hope Duggan uses him better here than he did in Marauders.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm gonna apply a wait and see approach while I would have loved an Iceman written by Ewing (who definitely would have knocked it out the park) I think Duggan has been doing a really good job with most of the cast. Here's hoping Bobby gets the attention that Duggan is giving to Jean, Cyke, and Synch and not *ahem* Shiro.
    That about sums up my feelings. I have been enjoying Duggan's X-Men a lot but some characters are being better served than others. It seems to be hard to find a team book writer who can actually write a team fully these days. Long story short, I'm excited about Bobby possibly joining the X-Men, but he needs to get some love and attention unlike when he was on Marauders.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Bobby is great, not to mention extremely powerful, and doesn't get nearly as much love and attention as he should.
    Agree. I prefer Iceman to some copycat 'Wolvie' .

It's time Iceman gets to shine again. His stint in Marauders was just terrible.
    Last edited by ericng; 05-15-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Same here, Deva. I hope he has some personal moments with both Jean and Scott. And, of course, I'm just looking forward to having his effervescent energy around.
    Like a poly relationship?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I think we’ll have two separate “official” X-Men teams once the upcoming Hellfire Gala is finished, as Scott & Jean were discussing early in the Duggan run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    yawn I swear that team just keeps getting more bland
    Nah we can finally get f*g hag jean becoming bff with Bobby and talking boy stuff. (Apologies if the FH word is outdated. Not sure what the equivalent is.)

But I’ve been wanting that. Give it to us kthx.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Nah we can finally get f*g hag jean becoming bff with Bobby and talking boy stuff. (Apologies if the FH word is outdated. Not sure what the equivalent is.)

But I’ve been wanting that. Give it to us kthx.
    you could just call Jean his friend.

True. There’s a certain difference to this special relationship type though
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.

I'm guessing Duggan didn't give him much play in Marauders because it was essentially the "Kate and Emma Show".
    In X-Men, given how he's handled every member of the team (not to everyone's satisfaction, I know, but...enh!) I think he will give Iceman his moments.
    X-Men has a lot of the same problems as Marauders, TBH. Synch and Cyclops have real plot lines, Jean gets big moments but no arc, and everyone else is just kind of there except for 1-2 issues of big moments.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...and yet I am thoroughly enjoying it, as I did his Marauders. Year 2 should be fun.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!