Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...and yet I am thoroughly enjoying it, as I did his Marauders. Year 2 should be fun.
    Same here lol like I'm not invalidating anybodies criticisms because most of them I agree with but I'm still enjoying the heck out of X-Men and still think it was book that I didn't even know I missed at the beginning of this Krakoa era (X-Men going around and doing classic superhero stuff) that being said Duggan of course could always improve.

One of the things I'd like to see with Bobby is an actual arc of progression and Bobby getting to explore his powers even more. Which is something Duggan hinted at in the end of Mauraders

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Same here lol like I'm not invalidating anybodies criticisms because most of them I agree with but I'm still enjoying the heck out of X-Men and still think it was book that I didn't even know I missed at the beginning of this Krakoa era (X-Men going around and doing classic superhero stuff) that being said Duggan of course could always improve.

One of the things I'd like to see with Bobby is an actual arc of progression and Bobby getting to explore his powers even more. Which is something Duggan hinted at in the end of Mauraders
    Yupp. That's why I'm excited. And maybe Christian will show up like Gambit shows up from time to time. Or perhaps he'll be a surprise addition.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-15-2022 at 09:10 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I enjoyed Duggan's Marauders and his current X-Men. I actually think he balanced the cast better in Marauders than currently in X-Men. Many characters, like Iceman, had sold plot beats but not great development. Having Iceman as Duggan's potential through line character would tie in runs well. Duggan really has been the constant (at least for me) for the Krakora era even though Hickman provided the structure.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I like Duggan, even though I admit he didn't exactly shined with the cast of Marauders, especially Iceman and Bishop.
    But I don't mind Iceman getting an X-men sit at all. Even though there might be really little development, at LEAST it will be a fun read.

Spectacular Member

noticing a lot of people mention that Bobby being on the X-Men team confirms that Firestar won the ballot. This is fair and makes a lot of sense, but I'd also like to point out that Bobby was on the Destiny of X poster which was released in December 2021 (iirc), before X-men voting was even announced. I forgot if it was the artist or an editor or whatever that mentioned it (it was someone from the x-office in an interview) but they said that everyone who appeared on the Destiny of X poster was someone who would be on a team and having a presence in Destiny of X. Meaning, Bobby was already slated to be in the X-Men team, so it doesn't confirm Firestar being the winner of the poll.

Of course, plans could have changed and maybe Bobby was supposed to be somewhere else but since Firestar won, they decided to put him in X-Men instead. Just some food for thought

Bobby is so wasted on Duggan him flexing his powers every other issue is not the content I want for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. That's why I'm excited. And maybe Christian will show up like Gambit shows up from time to time. Or perhaps he'll be a surprise addition.
    Tired: Christian x Bobby
    Wired: Christian x Shinobi
    Inspired: Christian x Dennis Dunphy
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-16-2022 at 06:09 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I was hoping Bobby would be part of X-Men Red's cast. Oh well. Glad he's at least staying in the spotlight.
    With the way things have been going, I'm still expecting Sunfire to show up in Red instead of Iceman.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Tired: Christian x Bobby
    Wired: Christian x Shinobi
    Inspired: Christian x Dennis Dunphy
    D-Man is mine. Bobby can lick his own popsicle.

But yeah, I do want some development on Bobby's love life. Christian has potential, but he's so underdeveloped right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    X-Men has a lot of the same problems as Marauders, TBH. Synch and Cyclops have real plot lines, Jean gets big moments but no arc, and everyone else is just kind of there except for 1-2 issues of big moments.
    Based on what I've been told by deep insiders (i.e., writers), it seems like Jean's arc in X-Men is prologued rather than fully explored in year one. We've definitely seen her be active as a leader, but we've also seen her gradually and subtly shedding the Marvel Girl garb and moniker with which she entered the Krakoan era. I expect her arc and overall developments to become more clear and prominent in year two and beyond, which, again, is what I've been told. Apparently, she's got "a lot of cool and exciting" things coming up, which leads me to my next reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    I forgot if it was the artist or an editor or whatever that mentioned it (it was someone from the x-office in an interview) but they said that everyone who appeared on the Destiny of X poster was someone who would be on a team and having a presence in Destiny of X...
    That was Jordan D. White who said the following about Leinil Francis Yu's promotional poster for Destiny of X:

Jordan: If we put in every character that’s going to be in every book, he would still be drawing for the next month. It’s a lot of characters. We went through and made decisions for every book of who we wanted to feature from that book. Those decisions had to do with who’s got the most important plot lines, but also sometimes it had to do with who was cool-looking. If your favorite isn’t on there, that doesn’t mean they’re not going to be in the books.
    Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/13/x-...ite-inferno-3/

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Bobby and friends? Hopefully that means AMAZING friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    noticing a lot of people mention that Bobby being on the X-Men team confirms that Firestar won the ballot. This is fair and makes a lot of sense, but I'd also like to point out that Bobby was on the Destiny of X poster which was released in December 2021 (iirc), before X-men voting was even announced. I forgot if it was the artist or an editor or whatever that mentioned it (it was someone from the x-office in an interview) but they said that everyone who appeared on the Destiny of X poster was someone who would be on a team and having a presence in Destiny of X. Meaning, Bobby was already slated to be in the X-Men team, so it doesn't confirm Firestar being the winner of the poll.

Of course, plans could have changed and maybe Bobby was supposed to be somewhere else but since Firestar won, they decided to put him in X-Men instead. Just some food for thought
    They said the same thing about House of X/Powers of X poster. How everyone on the poster was there for a reason and would be explored in the book... but that didn't happen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    They said the same thing about House of X/Powers of X poster. How everyone on the poster was there for a reason and would be explored in the book... but that didn't happen.
    I have read the opposite i think, at least later on. And that had a **** ton of characters, with multiple versions of some. the Destiny of X poster is a lot more concise though, so it's more believable

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Bobby and friends? Hopefully that means AMAZING friends.
    I'd love to see him run into or hang with Parker for a moment since they're buds.

I'm not much of a Christian fan and would rather see Bobby be freed up in the big apple.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    D-Man is mine. Bobby can lick his own popsicle.
    I was shipping D-Man with Christian actually