Extraordinary Member

Default Galaxy: The Prettiest Star

This should be out this coming week.

That's some trippy art .

Looks cool, but it's kind of hard to interest me in yet another new never before seen character.

Haven't heard of it before. Art looks interesting, I'll give it a look when it comes out.

So a trans character without officially being trans?

This looks interesting
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The description doesn't sound like she's trans. She's been hiding as a human boy, but her true self is the alien girl - and note that she's described with female pronouns. Honestly, I think Galaxy should meet Starfire. She's also an alien princess now living on Earth, so even though she didn't have to disguise herself, she'd probably understand what Galaxy is going through.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It sounds more like a Season 2 Arya Stark deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The description doesn't sound like she's trans. She's been hiding as a human boy, but her true self is the alien girl - and note that she's described with female pronouns. Honestly, I think Galaxy should meet Starfire. She's also an alien princess now living on Earth, so even though she didn't have to disguise herself, she'd probably understand what Galaxy is going through.
    With so much being made of the Tamaranean Royals on Titans, the time is perfect for a Kori-led Tamaran based book.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    With so much being made of the Tamaranean Royals on Titans, the time is perfect for a Kori-led Tamaran based book.
    Still waiting for that Starfire GN that's actually about Starfire (not that I hated "I am not Starfire.")

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe not literally a trans character but certainly meant to be trans representation at least thematically - her shirt is literally the trans pride flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Maybe not literally a trans character but certainly meant to be trans representation at least thematically - her shirt is literally the trans pride flag.
    I'm not trans so I can't really talk about trans issues, but...wouldn't it be better to just have an actual trans hero? Calling this trans representation feels somewhat dishonest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm not trans so I can't really talk about trans issues, but...wouldn't it be better to just have an actual trans hero? Calling this trans representation feels somewhat dishonest.
    Well in defense of the book the author is a trans creator and I've seen one reviewer, who is trans, gush about the book.

I'm not trans either so I would defer to others who are on whether this book is meaningful representation or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Well in defense of the book the author is a trans creator and I've seen one reviewer, who is trans, gush about the book.

I'm not trans either so I would defer to others who are on whether this book is meaningful representation or not.
    Well that sounds good. Still think that just having a trans character might be better, but then I haven't read the book either. If that demographic likes it and others enjoy it that's clearly the important thing.

I guess sometimes it's all about the metaphor...