View Poll Results: Can Wanda be redeemed after Doctor Strange 2?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-she is a good person at heart

22 34.92%
  • No-she went too far, and always was leaning toward evil anyway

16 25.40%
  • Maybe-it's up to the writers

21 33.33%
  • Who cares-she was fun as a villain

4 6.35%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I just came from Dr Strange 2. I like to go see movies when the theatre isn’t packed with cell phone junkies and talkers. Poor Wanda. She can’t get a break. I liked the movie but hate what Marvel has done to Wanda’s character. She can be redeemed. Just like Hank Pym can too. Give both characters to Al Ewing.
    Or Jim Zub. I feel like he has a lot of love for older characters and would treat Hank just as well as Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I just came from Dr Strange 2. I like to go see movies when the theatre isn’t packed with cell phone junkies and talkers. Poor Wanda. She can’t get a break. I liked the movie but hate what Marvel has done to Wanda’s character. She can be redeemed. Just like Hank Pym can too. Give both characters to Al Ewing.
    Has Pym actually been redeemed?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Has Pym actually been redeemed?
    I mean, several times at this point, not that it seems to matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, several times at this point, not that it seems to matter much.
    He’s Marvel’s punching bag. He’s been redeemed several times to be trashed again by another writer.

That article arguing that Wanda was an anti-hero instead of a villain is dumb.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-15-2022 at 08:13 PM.

She can, but then they'll probably make her evil again next time.

From what I hear, she escalates it each time too, at some point she'll become MCU's version of Darkseid .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    That article arguing that Wanda was an anti-hero instead of a villain is dumb.
    What article are you talking about?

I mean if it is about MoM then yeah there is no discussion to be had about it but anti-hero would fit MCU Wandas other appearances. Thinking about it there are not that many in the MCU even. Even someone like Black Widow who is traditionally one was more of a pure hero in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if you ignore the whole point of WandaVision and Wanda's character development, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It’s subjective of course, but WandaVision had her wipe her kids from existence— and the show portrayed the kids and her Vision as real (hence that conversation between the two Visions about which one was the real one) — when she found out she could only keep them alive by torturing others. And the show made a big deal about how she wouldn’t kill.

Then with no setup except a 30 second tag (which itself contradicts the movie) she wants to kill a child and many more so she can kidnap copies of the children she willingly sacrificed.

There’s a huge grey area between hero and villain. There was no reason to believe WandaVision Wanda would do any of what she did in this movie, which is why they used the book as a lazy excuse for the getting her character wrong.
    In WandaVision, she held an entire town prisoner and refused to free them while impeding attempts to do so until the last minute. Her film debut had her loosing the Hulk on a city just to spite the Avengers. She has long shown the capacity to do what she did in Multiverse of Madness.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Of course lol. In the logic of comics and anime, a character is never so far gone that they can't turn things around, regardless of how much damage they've done. She was already set back on the path towards redemption by the end of the film.
    What? Who told you that?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Who told you that?
    Years of hero gone bad stories in both Marvel and DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In WandaVision, she held an entire town prisoner and refused to free them while impeding attempts to do so until the last minute. Her film debut had her loosing the Hulk on a city just to spite the Avengers. She has long shown the capacity to do what she did in Multiverse of Madness.
    Neither of those things compare to mass murder. Because despite everyone being so offended about her controlling Hulk, no one was killed. It's also not on the same level as seeking out brutal mass murder. And holding a town hostage also didn't result in multiple intentional killings as well. Where when she realized that yeah they were being held against their will and not living their best lives, she let them go. It's similar to the difference between defeat someone and have them arrested and outright kill.

Wanda in the movies is hardly morally in the right. But never outright sought to murder people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Who told you that?
    Vegeta did.

Duh. She's one of the most popular characters in the MCU. The most important thing for any character's redemption is if the people are behind them. And they are with Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think they made her far more culpable in Westview than she should've been, but at least she ended up regretting that.