Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Got to think about it.

Hal, John and Jo Mullein. They can call themselves the Jo's

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    Gl fandom seems like hell on cbr
    "seems"? It is hell, sort of. It was much worse before this forum rebooted and moderation got really strict. There was even a GL sub forum. It was a toxic waste land.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Got to think about it.
    Hal, Hal and Hal.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "seems"? It is hell, sort of. It was much worse before this forum rebooted and moderation got really strict. There was even a GL sub forum. It was a toxic waste land.
    When did that happen. Seems like a lot of GL fans here have been around for quite a while since I've heard similar comments before.

Dante: "So we've reached the nineth level of Hell where Satan himself is kept. Do we move on to Purgatory now?"

Virgil: "Actually no we've one more to go."

*Gate Reading "Green Lantern Fandom Wars"*

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When did that happen. Seems like a lot of GL fans here have been around for quite a while since I've heard similar comments before.
    It happened when GL sales were at it's peak or at least near to it. In the GL forum it always involved in John vs Hal debates even when the forum topic didn't have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would imagine because he's not in the GLC and isn't "direct competition" the way the others are.
    I had also assumed it was because he wasn't part of the Corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Alan has his own thing going on, and I don't think he should be on this list.
    I don't think I'd put it THAT way, but perhaps it should have been stated in the original post that it was only members of the Green Lanterns Corps that were being considered.

-----------------------------------

It was maybe closer to the time there was the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie failure, back in 2011? I forget when it actually was dropped and merged back into the General DC section, but by that time it seemed like there really wasn't much posting being done on a regular basis except by maybe a handful of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It happened when GL sales were at it's peak or at least near to it. In the GL forum it always involved in John vs Hal debates even when the forum topic didn't have anything to do with it.
    I see. Always believed that Kyle vs Hal was a lot worse here but I'm guessing that must have been way back before the DCAU.

Extraordinary Member

Being Bronze Age fan, I voted Hal, John, and Guy.

My emerald stooges.

Astonishing Member

I voted for John, Kyle and Jessica. I understand Hal fans shutting it down, But the original plan as Hal as Parralax ( Sp) was brilliant and I wish it had stayed intact.

I see. Always believed that Kyle vs Hal was a lot worse here but I'm guessing that must have been way back before the DCAU.
    Not even close lol. The John vs Hal fights first started when there was a thread about which GL character should be featured in the cinematic universe (something like that) Hal or John? Majority of the polls went with John. And the same OP, who's a Hal fan created another thread that had the same topic and added Kyle to try to get John from getting the majority. Obviously there were heavy debates in that thread (that later got locked), which lead into John vs Hal debates in other GL related threads, including appreciation threads.

At this point, just make the Earth GLs a team book like the X-Men. The fandom is way too splintered to get behind any one of them.

Amazing Member

Hal, Jessica and John. I fully believe you need to clean house among the GLs, and I think these three have the best sales potential.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Well, personally, I'd thrown them all in a meatgrinder gladly to keep Jo.

But since we have to keep 3, it's Jo, John and Kyle.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!