Bishop
    Polaris
    Cece Reyes
    Iceman
    Angel
    Synch
    M
    Lady Mastermind
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 05-16-2022 at 10:07 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

As in Knights of X it is clear Gambit i missing being apart from Rogue. As I do not see Rogue fitting Knights of X, I think Gambit might be back to be on the X-Men. Sunfire hinted on going to Otherworld, so he might switch places with Gambit.

We saw Cyclops aready on a cover after Hellfire Gala, so he will stay and I do not think they will let Marvel Girl go either.

Iceman has been speculated to be on the team and then one of the election (hope for Surge, but probably will be Firestar). That means 2 more have to go.

I believe they would not dare to take Polaris away, as she was elected last year. So my guess is Wolverine and Synch will go.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Thunderbird
    Magma
    Siryn

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    As in Knights of X it is clear Gambit i missing being apart from Rogue. As I do not see Rogue fitting Knights of X, I think Gambit might be back to be on the X-Men. Sunfire hinted on going to Otherworld, so he might switch places with Gambit.

We saw Cyclops aready on a cover after Hellfire Gala, so he will stay and I do not think they will let Marvel Girl go either.

Iceman has been speculated to be on the team and then one of the election (hope for Surge, but probably will be Firestar). That means 2 more have to go.

I believe they would not dare to take Polaris away, as she was elected last year. So my guess is Wolverine and Synch will go.
    I think Duggan confirmed that Synch will stay.

Gambit seems to be part of some plot going forward with Rogue and her mothers. Unless he dies and his death is part of that plot.

Surge would be cool. Iceman makes me lukewarm. Would be cool if Rogue stays if Bobby joins.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    We still don't know why Rogue is on the team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She's had some kick-ass moments, and her relationships with both her mother (Destiny) and beau (Gambit) have been fleshed out a bit. Could she have been more central? Absolutely, but I can say that about most of the team members. I think Duggan was somewhat hindered by the three events and upcoming event he wrote this through and leading up to, respectively. He's stated that year two is going to be a bit more character-driven.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I think it's cause he wrote her in Uncanny Avengers and has a sweet spot for her (hew wrote her very well in that book) but he never did anything with her here.
    I believe they meant IN STORY "why Rogue is on the team".
    We've yet to learn Rogue's telepathic-Pick-Me-pitch during the Gala election.

As for her NOT continuing her tenure in the next election/rotation -- I wonder if she'll be dedicating her time to Remy and whatever condition he returns in, from Otherworld.
    in N
    I'd like to see Yana ascend to X-team status, especially after giving up ownership of Limbo and presumably losing her soulsword in New Mutants -- and I'd love to hear her likely amusing rational for the telepathic vote/pitch.

It would be an ABSOLUTE DREAM to see Wind Dancer on the X-Men or consistently represented and actively using her powers in any title really. haha
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-17-2022 at 05:19 AM.

Amazing Member

Would it not be perfect if it were Cyke, Jean, Iceman, added with Hellion, Surge, Indra, Dust and Gentle?

I'm going to guess ...

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    a different Wolverine
    still another Wolverine
    Captain Britain
    Joseph
    Boom Boom
    Krystalin from the X-men 2099
    NFL SuperPro
    and Howard the Duck wearing an X-belt buckle and a Cyclops visor

I am bad at guessing.

Here's another go:

Definitely staying: Jean, Scott, and Everett

More than likely joining: Bobby and either Angelica (who was winning by a landslide per last reports) or Monet (who was surging per last reports)

That leaves two more candidates, which I can see being either: Jean-Paul, Japheth, Laura, and/or Rogue.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies, I'll play...

Scott
    Jean
    Synch
    Wolverine

Iceman...leaked
    Firestar...popular vote
    Northstar...hinted in Lorna's letter
    Monet...my personal want (eventhough, I really want Rogue to stay) and not doing anything anywhere else plus, she brings Brick Power and Attitude.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-17-2022 at 06:44 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Some of the responses—i.e., Leah Wiliams, Tini Howard, and Vita Ayala's specifically—in this roundtable interview from some weeks back seem to add credence to the theories that Bobby is on the team and Monet lost the election.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/03/28/x-...-destiny-of-x/
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-17-2022 at 07:50 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I'm waiting for Hope to march in and demand the last spot on this too. Preferably after Selene wins a write in vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Some of the responses—i.e., Leah Wiliams, Tini Howard, and Vita Ayala's specifically—in this roundtable interview from some weeks back seem to add credence to the theories that Bobby is on the team and Monet lost the election.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/03/28/x-...-destiny-of-x/
    Interesting. Thank you for posting Mercury. I hadn't seen this before

It's a small sign there maybe a red head coalition in X-Men coming soon!

It would be wild if they threw in someone totally unexpected like..... Glob Herman or.... Forge?

Take two:

Cyclops
    Marvelous (Jean)
    Synch

Rogue traded for Northstar
    Sunfire traded for Firestar
    Polaris traded for Scarlet Witch
    Wolverine traded for Wildheart
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

I've read on this thread, and at least a couple others, that people have been disappointed Duggan didn't have a character-building "arc" for each member. I'm not sure where that comes from. I always just read the book as "the X-Men taking on the bad guys". Just a super-hero adventure book. Especially since we knew up front the team make-up would be evolving year to year.

Maybe it's just me, but I never really expected to learn anything new about any of them. It was just more along the lines of "Let's throw Scott and Jean in with some action figures and have some fun!"