Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you all pick up a titles called The Acolytes or Brotherhood of Mutants?

Just going by this era and the titles that the X-Office uses. I think these two names would be great to use in this era.

I have been seeing the Brotherhood name dropped in like two different on going series.

We also know that we may be getting Sabretooth and the Exiles.

Would it be lame to have Generation K ?

Fantastic Member

It would really depend on who's in it, but yes, probably. The Acolytes in particular have been mostly neglected in the Krakoa era. Only Frenzy and Cortez have really gotten to do anything. It would be nice to see a few of them picked up and given some attention. I'd like that for former Brotherhood members as well, but of course, the team name doesn't really mean anything these days, given the rosters of the Marauders and Hellions. I'd probably consider reading if the team had at least a couple of former Acolytes or Brotherhood members involved, paired with other currently neglected characters, and presumably a couple of A-listers to get people to read.

If it has mutants I'm getting it

Astonishing Member

Depends on who is drawing, writing and coloring it, plus what the premise and the characters would be.

It's a yes from me

Astonishing Member

A Brotherhood title, yeah I could see it working, it would depend on the cast and their reasons for using that particular name. Like Storm's Brotherhood on Arakko, it works. Other versions of the Brotherhood, not so much. There was actually a comic with that title years ago, but I never bothered with it because it was entirely unrelated to any known version of the team and featured all brand new characters - and usually I love giving new mutant characters a shot - but frankly, none of them really interested me all that much.

An Acolytes comic would be a different matter entirely - because tbh I actually would be MORE inclined to pick up a book featuring various Acolytes lineups than I would a Brotherhood title....I tend to find various Acolyte characters a lot more intriguing than I have most members of past Brotherhood teams.

But that said, I think part of the reason the Acolytes haven't been used that much in this era, is as a GROUP....their usual name and mission statement doesn't have a lot of purpose at the moment. Magneto's comfortably ensconced on Mars, Exodus is a member of Krakoa's government, Cortez is off with Kurt's Legionaires, Voght's a member of SWORD....and honestly, none of the other Acolytes have ever had much leadership drive....so I'd need a book about them to make a strong case for who is bringing various Acolytes together and why, what would this version of the team be after.

That said, if it wasn't about relying on the Acolytes team name, I would totally read a book that was about Chrome, Kamal, Gargouille, Milan, Projector, Scanner, Rem-Ram, Katu, Neophyte, and various other former Acolytes and what they're up to in this current era, just because I like those characters.

I feel like Legion of X could have been the Acolytes titles if they ever try to give it a refresh like KoX is going to go through.

But I'd be interested in them bringing back Scanner, Neophyte, Amelia Vought and Unuscione.

Si Spurrier really needs to streamline the mission statement of that series.

And Brotherhood I just wanted an excuse for Pyro and Avalanche to be used

And since we are getting to the point where some of the island is started to distrust the leadership it would be cool to see a new team that isnt villains but opposite of Jean and Scotts team.

Only if Toad led both teams and Wanda was his battlemage.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

An Acolytes revamp with Nightcrawler might make since?

I'd love to see the OG Acolytes (and Hellions) get some development.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

An Acolytes series could be interesting.

If Exodus would take a route inliep other council members.

Surely we will need Cortez, Unuscione and Scanner (leave Frenzy on X-Men Red), maybe added with Firefist and Skids, who were also part one and Hope.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Brotherhood would be my first pitch if I worked at marvel.
    In 2005, after house of M, I had an idea of a title with rogue getting upset with the xmen surrendering to the sentinel squad one vigilance and joining magneto in a new brotherhood with quicksilver, toad, mystique and scarlet witch. Magneto would claim leadership of the 198s over mr m and they all would set camp in the grounds of the brotherhood mansion and villains and outcasts would frequently be support characters in the stories. Wanda has no memory of the house of m reality tampering but would eventually find out the truth of pietro manipulation. Sabretooth would try to join them but rogue would object.
    Storm and bishop’s team would often antagonize the brotherhood.

I’d love an Acolytes book! And a Mutant Force (Resistants) book! Brotherhood I’d rather see internal X-Men red for now.

C207B8E0-60B6-458A-B4B6-E25093F112C0.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-10-2022 at 06:12 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

How about a book just called “The Mutants” based on that being the original title of X-Men.

Probably, but 'the Acolytes' would have to have a killer concept to beat the religious fanatics allegations.

Brotherhood SHOULD be a top-tier book on the shelves.

I've given every Krakoa book at least one chance, so I'd be up for those books. As to whether I'll stick with it or not, it depends on who's writing it. Wells presented a book with largely-unpopular characters and a weak premise, but ended up giving us gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.