Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm gradually warming (heh) to her inclusion on the roster.
    If nothing else, I'm deeply interested in her motivation for even attending the Gala, let alone the nomination/election process.
    Once that's established, I'll be looking forward to the interplay between she and the Krakoans, and their respective ideologies and temperaments specific to the X-Men mission statement, and the Krakoan mission statement, and how they differ.

I'm especially interested with Firestar having appeared in the Iceman 4 issue digital comic and the as yet confirmed inclusion of Bobby among the chosen mutants for Scott, Jean and Ev's team.
    Yeah, I think Firestar has the potential to really tell some interesting stories on the team that ultimately reinforce why Krakoa is great as the team brings her in on the idea.

I also feel like Firestar's spot should not have been make or break for how diverse this team was -- it should not be incumbent on fans to have to fight for any characters of color to show up on the cast of the book. The other spots were set before Angelica and should have been diverse with or without her. If the team is mostly white they better not blame the fans for it.

I just really hope the put a LATINA on the A-list X-Men flag ship team.

Wind Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Wind Dancer
    Based tbqh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Is based bad?

Is based bad?
    It's good. It's the opposite of cringe.

Wind Dancer
    I would personally lose my shit. Completely. Utterly. Wildly.

Thus, it won't happen.
    But I do still day dream of WD's mane billowing in the breeze among the X-Men elite. [swoon]

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Wind Dancer
    Funny you mentioned Wind Dancer. I was watching Umbrella Academy Season 3 and immediately thought the new #5 Sloane is exactly what I pictured Wind Dancer to look like.

Sloane_5_promo.jpg
    Sparrow_Academy_Sloane.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Yeah, I think Firestar has the potential to really tell some interesting stories on the team that ultimately reinforce why Krakoa is great as the team brings her in on the idea.

I also feel like Firestar's spot should not have been make or break for how diverse this team was -- it should not be incumbent on fans to have to fight for any characters of color to show up on the cast of the book. The other spots were set before Angelica and should have been diverse with or without her. If the team is mostly white they better not blame the fans for it.
    Yeah idk if it’s Duggan or the X-Office who is selecting the candidates, but they keep on putting a bunch of POCs (and queer characters) there and when the white woman with multimedia appearances wins they’re like, “well I wanted to be inclusive but that’s just how the vote went!” I remember Duggan saying over and over that he wanted Tempo on the team as if he couldn’t have just done that. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for the first round, but if we doing the same act again this year then imma role my eyes to oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post

I like the idea of Angelica on the team bringing a different vibe and perspective as far as being a Mutant, Superhero, and individual are concerned compared to the rest of the X-Men because her experience has been kind of different from most Mutants.

Although I'm kind of worried Duggan might use her as a straw-woman.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Guess I'm in the minority of being happy Firestar is in (hopefully) the lineup.

I've followed her since her New Warriors days so I'm pleased she finally gets another chance to shine in an X book. She's a powerful interesting character that doesn't sing from the same hymn book as the others so I'm intrigued to see what happens.

I do think the team is missing a brick. Someone like Frenzy would have been perfect.
    I'm also excited for Angelica's possible inclusion. She's been one of my favorite characters from back in the day. I just hope that we don't see this imagined and revisionist "Cop/not an X Character/anti Mutant" version that seems to have picked up steam among fandom who aren't familiar with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    To me the crucial question isn't Duggan's future line-up, but if Mercury will show up to the Gala again, and if so, who will be her date this year? Bling? Loa? Someone new perhaps?
    HOT TIP from a source (take with a grain of salt): The new team will reportedly consist of EIGHT MEMBERS.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    HOT TIP from a source (take with a grain of salt): The new team will reportedly consist of EIGHT MEMBERS.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
    Hellion time. Or maybe Laura is the 8th member and will return after X-Terminators ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion time. Or maybe Laura is the 8th member and will return after X-Terminators ends.
    I knew you'd go there, Canticle. 🥹
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I knew you'd go there, Canticle. ��
    You know you love it ��

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    You know you love it ��
    You constantly have me like this: