Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

I'm laughing my butt off at some of these comments who think Firestar on this team is going to "give a different vibe" to the team.

Just say you want an anti Krakoa mutant for this cookie cutter book that echos all the same non sense arguments I hear on this thread about Krakoa.

Honestly it doesn't really matter X-men isn't the flag ship book it's Immortal X-men and it really isn't close

New tip. This team is correct save for one character (I'm guessing Scarlet Witch won't be on it) and minus one member.

Some names I've heard floated around for the one wrong member and additional member are Magik, Forge, and Northstar...

So, these seem pretty solid:

Jean
    Cyclops
    Synch
    Firestar
    Iceman
    Havok

Possible members:

Forge
    Magik
    Northstar

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

So you are telling me that Havok the same guy that came out with the horrid M word speech in Uncanny is supposed to represent Krakoa mutants add that to Firestar who "hasn't accepted Krakoan citizenship"

I just can't

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    So you are telling me that Havok the same guy that came out with the horrid M word speech in Uncanny is supposed to represent Krakoa mutants add that to Firestar who "hasn't accepted Krakoan citizenship"

I just can't
    These dynamics could certainly make for great drama.

Also, purportedly, Marvel might announce the new team next week, which seems counterintuitive to me.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I'm laughing my butt off at some of these comments who think Firestar on this team is going to "give a different vibe" to the team.

Just say you want an anti Krakoa mutant for this cookie cutter book that echos all the same non sense arguments I hear on this thread about Krakoa.

Honestly it doesn't really matter X-men isn't the flag ship book it's Immortal X-men and it really isn't close
    I think some people just like Firestar.

I don't think she's even anti-Krakoa otherwise she wouldn't want anything to do with the X-Men. She just doesn't see it the same way other Mutants do. Which seems fine to me.

I just can't
    Haven't we moved on from that? It's been, like, years. Havok had his brain inverted and scrambled like 2-3 times since then and got his Hellions experience. He's been on X-Teams since it happened.

I don't even need Havok on the team but I don't think we should still hold that against Alex. Then again, X-Fans have long memories .

And Firestar can still use the Krakoan gates so I don't think anyone cares that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't think she's even anti-Krakoa otherwise she wouldn't want anything to do with the X-Men. She just doesn't see it the same way other Mutants do. Which seems fine to me.

Haven't we moved on from that? It's been, like, years. Havok had his brain inverted and scrambled like 2-3 times since then and got his Hellions experience. He's been on X-Teams since it happened.

I don't even need Havok on the team but I don't think we should still hold that against Alex. Then again, X-Fans have long memories .

And Firestar can still use the Krakoan gates so I don't think anyone cares that much.
    We're not talking about fans we are talking about in canon why would Krakoan mutants vote for that guy to represent them. The guy that wanted to distant himself for the word mutant getting the votes of Krakoan mutants.

Firestar is the OOC reason of she isn't really an X character but the vote is the vote so what ever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

People in this thread have literally said they don’t want Firestar turned into a strawman. Clearly we want her on the team as part of our evil scheme to destroy the X-books as a whole. Our first step, controlling a Twitter poll and bribing Jordan D White with his favorite white substance to put Firestar on it!

Astonishing Member

We're not talking about fans we are talking about in canon why would Krakoan mutants vote for that guy to represent them. The guy that wanted to distant himself for the word mutant getting the votes of Krakoan mutants.

Firestar is the OOC reason of she isn't really an X character but the vote is the vote so what ever.
    We literally had this exact discussion about frigging Apocalypse and you said mutant solidarity then, why no mutant solidarity now Outburstz?

Hasn't Havok been around the block a lot? Like the moment hasn't come up in a while and Krakoa is big on forgiving and forgetting in general so I'm not sure if it would be a factor in an in-universe voting.

Personally I think he'd be kind of redundant on a team with Scott but maybe Duggan has ideas.
    Firestar kind of blurs the line because she's been associated with four different franchises (Spider-Man, X-Men, New Warriors, Avengers).

In canon idk why Krakoans voted for half the current members if we’re being honest. It’s clear after writing out the second or third speech Duggan got tired because half of the teams “speeches” were like a sentence. I don’t care how confidently they thought it, I don’t believe that would have been enough to convince an entire nation to vote for them when other candidates may have had actual candidacy speeches.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 06-26-2022 at 04:11 AM.

8 members is a big team. I think 5-6 members are perfect for a team book, however 7-8 is doable especially if some characters are support/reserve members. We definitely need more diversity on the team. I would love to see Forge or Trinary join. I could see Magik making the team though she wouldn't be my choice. Monet would be a great replacement for Rogue. We can use a flying tank. But she was a member of the vote and we are all confident that Firestar won.

Too bad we don't have two major teams (like the Blue/Gold of old) so Scott and Jean can each lead a team.

A team of 8, with another writer than Duggan, would be pretty cool.

5 or 6 members would be the perfect number to give maximum development for everyone.

but if we really have 8 members:

Jean
    Cyke
    Synch
    havok
    Monet
    Wolverine
    Iceman
    Northstar

In the last two issues, Duggan had the good idea to split the team in two. It allowed him to alternate between the two stories and move the plot forward in a more natural way. It's not stupid to think he'll do it again.
    Last edited by CapCyke; 06-26-2022 at 10:55 AM.

I still think a team that's supposed to be the public face of Krakoa should have several visible mutants on it (not counting mutants with an alternate form who can chose to look human, such as Iceman or Colossus).

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I still think a team that's supposed to be the public face of Krakoa should have several visible mutants on it (not counting mutants with an alternate form who can chose to look human, such as Iceman or Colossus).
    Completely agree with you on this point.

I wouldn’t mind seeing less of Magik for a few month. Or at least out of her Nike running gear and without that final fantasy sword.