Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Oh interesting thought Synch was dunzo after his shenanigans. Although his and Lauras story doesn't seem close to rapping up. He seems to have done nothing with Shiro Lorna or Rogue so it would be a pity to sideline them without a journey
    As year one comes to a close, I realize he's done he's pretty much given each member a moment to express how they feel or that indicates something about their internal and personal lives.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As year one comes to a close, I realize he's done he's pretty much given each member a moment to express how they feel or that indicates something about their internal and personal lives.
    But not necessarily a journey or moved them from A to B. A scene is one thing, although I feel most of the cast were just there as space fillers. For at least 3 of them they could have been pulling double duty in 2 books given the level of attention they had and it wouldn't have impacted story.

Ihe probably would have been better of with a roster of 4/5.
    Jean, Cyclops, Synch and Wolverine. 2 at least got some dialogue and Rogue well would have been better off in a different book

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We still don't know why Rogue is on the team

I think 5 is the perfect size for a roster any way

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    She's had some kick-ass moments, and her relationships with both her mother (Destiny) and beau (Gambit) have been fleshed out a bit. Could she have been more central? Absolutely, but I can say that about most of the team members. I think Duggan was somewhat hindered by the three events and upcoming event he wrote this through and leading up to, respectively. He's stated that year two is going to be a bit more character-driven.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-16-2022 at 08:06 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think 5 is the perfect size for a roster any way
    I actually agree with you. I literally just said the same thing to a mutual on Twitter.

Union rules - every mainline team requires at least one super strong brick. Flight a plus but not required.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

I think it's cause he wrote her in Uncanny Avengers and has a sweet spot for her (hew wrote her very well in that book) but he never did anything with her here.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I think it's cause he wrote her in Uncanny Avengers and has a sweet spot for her (hew wrote her very well in that book) but he never did anything with her here.
    I suppose if you have 12 issues in 1 season and want to do a character centred issue for 7 characters you are gonna end up with a choppy story. I just hope Gillens Immortal X-Men doesn't fall into the same trap.

Cyclops
    Marvel Jean
    Synch
    Rogue
    Northstar
    Avalanche
    Iceman

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Synch
    Penance
    Iceman
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The Red Dragon

Id be excited for a new cast, but aside from Cyclops and Synch none of the current cast have had an arc or growth of any kind. He wrote most of them in the most by the numbers, basic way possible. Non offensive, but not exactly engaging or creative either. Bland characterization even for those that had arcs like Synch and Cyclops.

When it was announced I was looking forward to Jean having meaningful interactions with x23(follow up xmen red) and Rogue(they have hardly interacted in their Character histories). Instead we barely got anything. Even the reasons for them joining felt so forced in the context of the narrative. Remember when sunfire randomly spouted his reasons to a bunch of people?

Larraz and Pina art carried this book. I’ll play along but I wish for a new writer:

1) Cyclops
    2) Jean
    3) Synch
    4) Iceman

All pretty much confirmed.

Highly likely:
    5) Firestar

i want smaller teams because I dont want 7 months between characters having any sort of spotlight. But if I was forced to do 7:
    6) M
    7) x23

This is rather challenging. Listing the confirmed and rumored and then trying to include persons of color... this has turned into more of a wish list.

Cyclops
    Marvelous (Jean)
    Ice Man
    Firestar
    Captain Krakoa (La Bandera)
    Synch
    Polaris

I hope the Gala is followed up by a second Secret X-Men.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Synch
    Penance
    Iceman
    Definitely this.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope the Gala is followed up by a second Secret X-Men.
    Also this. Every year, Xandra assembles the cast-offs for a secret mission then wipes their minds.
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-16-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Union rules - every mainline team requires at least one super strong brick. Flight a plus but not required.

Thanks for this! :D