Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Maybe the announce in that they decide to give the Avengers a headquarter or making the resurrection protocols for anyone.

So you make Krakoa a Earth patrimony. And wins Thanos hate but the dude is dead thanks x men

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not to be that person… but how did this team get whiter?
    I don't remember if the two team idea is just a theory, or if there was some substantial basis for it. But we're getting two teams, these guys could be split up amongst them. Bling! was also hinted at as a possible member in Forge's letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Havok is a waste of a spot

Astonishing Member

The only way a non-white character is gonna win the fan vote is if they put D-list white characters on the ballot. Since all the major non-white characters like Storm, Bishop, and Kwannon are being used in other books you’re only left with the black, brown, and Asian characters who are cult favorites at best. Putting them against Polaris or a someone with a major animated presence like Firestar was never gonna work out unless the base roster was relatively diverse to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The only way a non-white character is gonna win the fan vote is if they put D-list white characters on the ballot. Since all the major non-white characters like Storm, Bishop, and Kwannon are being used in other books you’re only left with the black, brown, and Asian characters who are cult favorites at best. Putting them against Polaris or a someone with a major animated presence like Firestar was never gonna work out unless the base roster was relatively diverse to begin with.
    This makes a lot of sense - although I think nearly every answer given so far has some truth to them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Maybe Cyclops leaves... But yeah it will be a really white team anyways.

Or Marvel could start using them for them to gain popularity. My personal favorites are seldom seen.

Windshear, Lightbright, Collective Man, Derrick Beacon, Timeslip, Pathway, Nuwa
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The vote only decides one character on the team though, the rest of the cast is chosen by the writer. Also if you had asked me prior to the vote, I would have absolutely thought that Firestar was a D-list character, especially in the X-books. I guess I underestimated how many people liked that cartoon and old New Warriors comics.

Okay, so an official and verified X-writer confirmed to me that there will be at least three women on the team.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Bobby and Alex to hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Okay, so an official and verified X-writer confirmed to me that there will be at least three women on the team.
    Jean, Laura and firestar or eventually Monet

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Because the people in charge see any identity as being a minority, so swapping out the Japanese man for the gay man is probably considered equivalent exchange?

Presuming this is the actual team, of course.
    Let’s go a step further, for some at marvel just being a mutant probably counts as being a minority rep no matter if it’s Surge, Storm, or Emma Frigging Frost

Y’know a lot of people complained last year when they revealed the roster early, but I personally am very anxious to know the new lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Jean, Laura and firestar or eventually Monet
    Are we really thinking Rogue’s gonna get dropped? She’s too big of a character to not be in a book, but I also feel like supporting character for Destiny and Mystique in Immortal is not enough of a role.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 06-02-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Can you get them to confirm anything about Hellion in any capacity?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

TBF, we don't know that's the actual line-up yet, so it might not have. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else over Laura because she's in X-Terminators. My guess is the Laura/Synch plot is gonna resolve in her leaving the team so he can stay.