Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there a limit to who can be accepted to Krakoa?

I'm only following a few x-books right now so I don't know if this question is answered anywhere. In HOX/POX it was established that any mutant will be given a blank slate when they become a citizen of Krakoa. Shaw, Sinister, Selene, Apoc, etc. were all accepted and their past crimes were forgotten. So let's say Red Skull suddenly became a mutant. He had some mutant blood lying around from his Red Onslaught days and Sinister cloned him as a mutant because why not. Would it be his right to become a citizen of Krakoa and cleansed from all of his past sins in the eyes of the mutant nation? And if the world wanted him to stand trial for his crimes, would Krakoa let them unlike the case with Sabretooth?

If a writer is going to go out of their way to write Sinisiter making Red Skull a mutant just to bring him back and give him amnesty then i would say the question answers it itself. Otherwise why do it?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well they turned Moira into a mutant and then a mutant hating robo lady so anything's possible. My question isn't whether something like this happens. It's is every mutant accepted into Krakoa for the simple fact they carry an x-gene and nothing else matters or are there some exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Well they turned Moira into a mutant and then a mutant hating robo lady so anything's possible. My question isn't whether something like this happens. It's is every mutant accepted into Krakoa for the simple fact they carry an x-gene and nothing else matters or are there some exceptions.
    Just an example but every American is accepted in america for the simple fact that they were born in america. that includes the most heinous of criminals, murderers and capital climbers. I imagine the same is true of most countries?

Point being it's a mutant country so yes all mutants with an x-gene would be accepted i don't get why because it is a mutant nation all of a sudden this idea exists they should play by different rules than any other country does in their borders and for their people.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-16-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Red Skull would indeed be hard for Krakoa to accept. But if he does make it into Krakoa surely the kill no man law means that he can no longer push his Nazi shenanigans lest he end up in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just an example but every American is accepted in america for the simple fact that they were born in america. that includes the most heinous of criminals, murderers and capital climbers. I imagine the same is true of most countries?
    Well sure but mutants weren't born on Krakoa. They were basically given citizenships with their past being swept under the rug.

Well sure but mutants weren't born on Krakoa. They were basically given citizenships with their past being swept under the rug.
    Please see edit in above post. At the end of the day a citizen is still a citizen and i don't see any country kicking out their murderers or their racists.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Please see edit in above post. At the end of the day a citizen is still a citizen and i don't see any country kicking out their murderers or their racists.
    Cold blooded murderers more often than not end up in prison and there is no timestamp that says "alright, any crime you committed before this point is irrelevant. From now on you're a new person with a clean slate"

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Red Skull would indeed be hard for Krakoa to accept. But if he does make it into Krakoa surely the kill no man law means that he can no longer push his Nazi shenanigans lest he end up in the pit.
    considering Fenri was allowed on Krakoa, I dont see why Red Skull wouldnt be.

That brings up an interesting thought but with the advent of the Resurrection Protocols, every mutant that emerges from an egg is born on Krakoa. Mdelyne Pryor for example did some heinous things and vowed to destroy Krakoa before her death. Since her resurrection, she is technically Krakoan born and has citizenship not only bc of er mutant status but bc she was born on the nation as part of its most sacred rituals
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-16-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    considering Fenri was allowed on Krakoa, I dont see why Red Skull wouldnt be.
    Actually I want Red Skull on Krakoa just to see him and Mags walk past each other and Mags using every ounce of his will to refrain himself from doing unspeakable things to Skull.

That brings up an interesting thought but with the advent of the Resurrection Protocols, every mutant that emerges from an egg is born on Krakoa. Mdelyne Pryor for example did some heinous things and vowed to destroy Krakoa before her death. Since her resurrection, she is technically Krakoan born and has citizenship not only bc of er mutant status but bc she was born on the nation as part of its most sacred rituals
    Is birth and resurrection the same thing? Maddy was resurrected on Krakoa but most of her memories are pre-Krakoa.

Actually I want Red Skull on Krakoa just to see him and Mags walk past each other and Mags using every ounce of his will to refrain himself from doing unspeakable things to Skull.

Is birth and resurrection the same thing? Maddy was resurrected on Krakoa but most of her memories are pre-Krakoa.
    Was Maddy ever truly born? She was created as a clone and wasnt actually "born" in the traditional sense. On Krakoa, she is still a clone

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

ALL mutants are allowed to live on Krakoa regardless of past transgressions and present mindsets...once they agree to adhere to Krakoa's laws. Of course some, like Sinister, will covertly flout those laws...like any "bad" citizen of any other country...but until caught breaking those laws he is a free Krakoan citizen.

(Interestingly enough, Sinister turned himself into a mutant so...there is precedent that HugeGigantic IF they turn Red Skull into a mutant, yes, he'll be allowed on Krakoa.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Cassandra Nova is walking around with supervision. And Wanda with arguably the highest death count in the MU has been forgiven

Cold blooded murderers more often than not end up in prison and there is no timestamp that says "alright, any crime you committed before this point is irrelevant. From now on you're a new person with a clean slate"
    Isn't that kind of what the settlers did when they left Europe. They were like no more queen, we going to build something new. I mean i would imagine most new countries do exactly that. I mean the early citizens have to come from somewhere and need some incentive to move to the new place.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Claremonts whole thing about the original Phoenix story was to show how evolved a society was that they were able to forgive the Phoenix/Jean who was akin to Adolf Hitler. Which is why Nightcrawler aplty described her as such. However, this did not sit well with the Editors. So they killed her instead of lobotomising her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-16-2022 at 03:45 PM.