Extraordinary Member

Default Tim Drake: Robin #7 Preview

Tim Drake: Robin #7 Preview
    Writer: Meghan Fitzmartin
    Artist: Serge Acuna

Oh look, a big TimxBernard issue! Came too late to save the book though, especially with art that seems more in-line with the kind of audience this book was aiming for.

Mighty Member

Again she keeps acting like they were super good friends when they weren't and making up history that never existed which we never saw. Like when has Tim always been been his 'good luck charm' or demonstrated a dynamic showing this or when has he always viewed Tim as specia; or shown that to be the case through their dynamic.

Also Bernard feels like a huge mary sue. He's good in physics and biology and a good chef as well. He's too perfect. Again in his original appearance he was never shown to be a good student and it was implied he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh look, a big TimxBernard issue! Came too late to save the book though, especially with art that seems more in-line with the kind of audience this book was aiming for.
    Yeah, that art is much better.

Hmm, are Bernard's parents homophobic? I don't think they liked him calling Tim his boyfriend.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bernard’s parents are evil I’m convinced only question is if it’s conventional evil or Gotham evil.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Again she keeps acting like they were super good friends when they weren't and making up history that never existed which we never saw. Like when has Tim always been been his 'good luck charm' or demonstrated a dynamic showing this or when has he always viewed Tim as specia; or shown that to be the case through their dynamic.

Also Bernard feels like a huge mary sue. He's good in physics and biology and a good chef as well. He's too perfect. Again in his original appearance he was never shown to be a good student and it was implied he wasn't.
    You bringing up stuff from like 50 years ago embrace the new era my guy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You bringing up stuff from like 50 years ago embrace the new era my guy.
    It's true though. We keep getting sold a history that never existed.

This is the type of art they should started the book with from the get-go.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

sigh
    3 more issues of this ...

It's true though. We keep getting sold a history that never existed.
    Telling is hardly ever as good as showing, but didn't think this incarnation of the DC Universe had fleshed out that part of their lives yet?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Telling is hardly ever as good as showing, but didn't think this incarnation of the DC Universe had fleshed out that part of their lives yet?

Tim's history is more or less restored to pre-flashpoint with Bernard yet she keeps framing him like he was Tim's best friend or they were super close when they weren't/he wasn't.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh good they're in college
    Double major is for college right?

Tim's history is more or less restored to pre-flashpoint with Bernard yet she keeps framing him like he was Tim's best friend or they were super close when they weren't/he wasn't.
    Guess this's the "or less" part. Heck, retcons like this do happen in comics often on (consider Gwen Stacy's characterization in the Spider-Man comics after her death; completely different character, even going beyond how we tend to idealize deceased loved ones).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bernard’s parents are evil I’m convinced only question is if it’s conventional evil or Gotham evil.
    I think Gotham evil, I would not be surprised that the real rift between Bernard and his parents is that he doesn't want to join the family business and do what is needed to keep the family successful, something drove him to join that cult.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Guess this's the "or less" part. Heck, retcons like this do happen in comics often on (consider Gwen Stacy's characterization in the Spider-Man comics after her death; completely different character, even going beyond how we tend to idealize deceased loved ones).

In this case Fitzmartin is trying to use it to meta explain the foundations of their relationship.....but there is nothing there.