Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Jamie McKelvie was on Off Panel, talked some Catwoman.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: One Bad Day – Clayface #1 Preview
    Writers: Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly
    Artist: Xermanico

Love the structure and art so far .

heard great things about the clayface book next week

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    heard great things about the clayface book next week
    I really enjoyed it myself. One of the best they have done in this series.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

anyone noticed that one of Clayface victims towards the end, show his empty apartment with his cat with a empty food bowl alone. that depresses me as a cat lover.

Loved the Clayface issue. Between that and Voidsong DC needs to get Lanzig and Kelly on one of their Dawn of DC books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This was great! It took the idea Snyder concept of Clayface absorbing from his victims but actually used it in an interesting way and all based solidly in the (New 52+) core of the character.

I might have enjoyed it more if it were an extension of the original Karlo character, who was a successful actor just looking for a comeback, but as the Karlo/BTAS Hagen hybrid this was probably his best outing.

I choose to ignore the nod to continuity, regardless of how much I loved Tynion's Detective Comics.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Loved the Clayface issue. Between that and Voidsong DC needs to get Lanzig and Kelly on one of their Dawn of DC books.
    They have been around for few years doing solid work, I don't get why they aren't getting some longer run on an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I choose to ignore the nod to continuity, regardless of how much I loved Tynion's Detective Comics.
    What nod?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What nod?
    Batman says something along the lines of he regrets letting Clayface go, believing he'd turned over a new leaf. Pretty sure that was intended to tie up Basil now from the heroic version we saw in Tynion's 'Tec. Again, best ignored.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Batman says something along the lines of he regrets letting Clayface go, believing he'd turned over a new leaf. Pretty sure that was intended to tie up Basil now from the heroic version we saw in Tynion's 'Tec. Again, best ignored.
    You could take it as that but I believe the intent is Batman saw that Clayface was trying to leave Gotham and was hoping that he would go somewhere else and build a new (legit) life for himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, I'll take that interpretation over Tynion's stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: One Bad Day – Ra’s al Ghul #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Ivan Reis

I guess a lot happened to Ra's before he married his first wife.

Astonishing Member

Only read the Riddler one so far and really didn't like it. What's the verdict on the others? Standouts and lowlights? Cheers.