Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Pretty sure he's gonna look one way the whole time.
    Well, that's disappointing .

Apparently the Riddler issue also does a new take on his origin? King was not a fan of his comic or DCAU origins and decided to do his own take: https://www.thepopverse.com/tom-king...od-one-bad-day
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently the Riddler issue also does a new take on his origin? King was not a fan of his comic or DCAU origins and decided to do his own take: https://www.thepopverse.com/tom-king...od-one-bad-day
    I always thought it worked because Riddler is just that petty and small when you get right down to it.

I mean, what's Scarecrow's origin? People bullied him because he looked so thin and wiry?

Penguin? Bullied because he looked like a penguin? Although I guess they have that whole "his family used to be on the same level as the Waynes...until they weren't."

i want to get all these but im hearing that there not gonna release all of them together in a hardcover smh

so i might have to go the single softcover issue route

I just finished Riddler's issue. That was, just.. wow

Riddler was ok but it’s full of a lot of dumb turns that don’t hold up if you think about it. The Arkham guard wanted to kill Ridller and instead… misses at point blank range and hits his coworker? And then they all kill each other? What? Oh I guess Batman kills Riddler at the end. Riddler has plot armor until he doesn’t and then he instantly dies.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can't say I care for King's Riddler origin.

I also can't say I care for how much tracing of actual celebrities I saw Gerards do in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't say I care for King's Riddler origin.

I also can't say I care for how much tracing of actual celebrities I saw Gerards do in this issue.
    How does a guy who is fully Greg Land tier at this point with how blatantly he traces still manage to be so incredibly slow?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Riddler was ok but it’s full of a lot of dumb turns that don’t hold up if you think about it. The Arkham guard wanted to kill Ridller and instead… misses at point blank range and hits his coworker? And then they all kill each other? What? Oh I guess Batman kills Riddler at the end. Riddler has plot armor until he doesn’t and then he instantly dies.
    Is that what we think? Trying to take Grant Morrison's take on the end of Killing Joke and make it the ending to this comic? I dunno.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is that what we think? Trying to take Grant Morrison's take on the end of Killing Joke and make it the ending to this comic? I dunno.
    It’s either that or he beats him into a coma. But then why wouldn’t Batman just do that at the basketball court? He doesn’t have to kill Riddler to beat him. Only way the ending makes sense is if Batman has decided he does have to kill Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Why does Ra's look a bit like Lobo here?

Or is that just me?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why does Ra's look a bit like Lobo here?

Or is that just me?
    Yeah, the overused white highlights coupled with the black eyes with red pupils definitely give off a Lobo vibe.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

It’s either that or he beats him into a coma. But then why wouldn’t Batman just do that at the basketball court? He doesn’t have to kill Riddler to beat him. Only way the ending makes sense is if Batman has decided he does have to kill Riddler.
    It's a TK book

I expect very little

Mighty Member

Not the biggest fan of Tom King. But when he is good, he is very good. And this one-shot is excellent, one of the best Batman story of the last years (with Robin and Batman by Jeff Lemire). It's not in continuity, and all the better: it's a seminal version of the riddler, a good story, and if it was written in the 80's it would be a classic.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Are all of these one-shots going to be trying to make the villains darker and edgier?