Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo

Mighty Member

Default Echo

Production is underway in Atlanta on Marvel Studios’ “Echo,” a series streaming exclusively on Disney+ in 2023. Alaqua Cox (“Hawkeye”) stars as the unforgiving Maya Lopez, who made her MCU debut in 2021 in Marvel Studios’ “Hawkeye” as a Deaf gang leader who was determined to make Ronin aka Clint Barton pay for his own vengeful deeds.

Streaming exclusively on Disney+ in 2023, the origin story of Echo revisits Maya Lopez, whose ruthless behavior in New York City catches up with her in her hometown. She must face her past, reconnect with her Native American roots and embrace the meaning of family and community if she ever hopes to move forward. “Echo” also stars Chaske Spencer (“Wild Indian,” “The English”), Tantoo Cardinal (“Killers of the Flower Moon,” “Stumptown”), Devery Jacobs (FX’s “Reservation Dogs,” “American Gods”) and Cody Lightning (“Hey, Viktor!” “Four Sheets to the Wind”), with Graham Greene (“1883,” “Goliath”) and Zahn McClarnon (“Dark Winds,” FX’s “Reservation Dogs”).

Episodes of the series are directed by Sydney Freeland (Navajo) and Catriona McKenzie (Gunai/Kurnai). Executive producers are Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Stephen Broussard, Richie Palmer, Marion Dayre and Jason Gavin (Blackfeet). Co-executive producers are Amy Rardin, Sydney Freeland, Christina King (Seminole) and Jennifer Booth.

Didn't like 5he character in the comics, didn't like the character in Hawkeye, don't think this will be any good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

She's definitely...sitting.

Mighty Member
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-07-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Didn't like 5he character in the comics, didn't like the character in Hawkeye, don't think this will be any good.
    haha .... "Since I won't like it, it's not good." fans be fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I was kinda waiting for the whole "who asked for this post." Close enough.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Should we assume everyone is reading the news? Those are pretty spoilery if someone wasn't thinking there would be spoilers in this thread. (or we can add a spoiler warning in the thread title... I dunno)

I mean, it's like the most rumored thing about the show...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The actress who plays Echo Alaqua Cox is a prison that charisma, charm or acting talent can never escape from. Did casting just decide to go home early that day and picked the first choice?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-27-2022 at 09:46 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The actress who plays Echo Alaqua Cox is a prison that charisma, charm or acting talent can never escape from. Did casting just decide to go home early that day and picked the first choice?
    Eh, she's just showing the same level of charm and personable-ness (in this one role I've seen her in) that Russell Crowe or Ed Norton bring to *all* their roles, and it seems to work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I did not like the character in the Hawkeye show, you don't think that I can make the assumption I would not like the show they are doing about her? But to clarify, I don't think it will be any good, as in my opinion of the show. I am not saying everyone should hate it. I understand taste vary.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yeah, that sums it up.

Hmm, so I will have to watch some of it. Oh well.