Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    No one asked for GOTG or IM yet their IPs became a hit.

Hawkeye I guess was a modest hit but Echo wasn't a breakout star. Or did she trend a lot during the show run?
    Yeah but that doesn't explain how that is different than the point he was making?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    No one asked for GOTG or IM yet their IPs became a hit.

Hawkeye I guess was a modest hit but Echo wasn't a breakout star. Or did she trend a lot during the show run?
    I think they decided to give her a show before "Hawkeye" even came out. Did she trend? I don't know - was Frasier trending when they decided to give him a spinoff? Most shows aren't made according to what fans are asking for - although they just feel a lot more entitled to have studios meet their expectations now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So. by all measures that don't include any of our opinions, how is this doing? In other words, are there any reliable AND meaningful numbers on this? Not to include Disney+'s claims that it has done the best ever on the site, (they do that for every new show).
    Update - Echo has fallen off the Top 10 in the second week while Percy Jackson is at 5 and BlueyS3 is at 8. Looks like no interest from the public to watch Echo.

Extraordinary Member

This is a update on what john campea was talking about in some past recent videos.
    Marvel Studios is NOT Making Daredevil & Marvel TV Canon as a Whole
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...art-II/page748

Marvel shouldn't make the Netflix shows canon. It won't line up or make sense. Just indicate that the MCU version is close to, but not exactly the same. We all know the multiverse exists so the audience is already primed to understand that.

Well I finished it last night. A solid B, held back from being better by a kind of confusing power set. Here are Echo's ancestral powers as I understand them:

1. Emerging from mud and walking across grass looking determined
    2. Playing basketball well
    3. Shooting a gun and throwing sticks and/or knives pretty accurately
    4. Healing birds

And she can share the powers with others. Even with old grandmas! But when they get the powers they just start punching people. Which I would do as a grandma anyway, with or without powers.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-01-2024 at 12:12 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

All 5 episodes of echo made it to the TOP 10 overall chart.

Echo
    Week of Jan.8 – 14, 2024
    Number 10
    Number of Episodes
    Minutes (Millions)

https://www.nielsen.com/data-center/top-ten/
    https://www.ratingsryan.com/2024/02/...ending_24.html

The show is successful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    All 5 episodes of echo made it to the TOP 10 overall chart.

Echo
    Week of Jan.8 – 14, 2024
    Number 10
    Number of Episodes
    Minutes (Millions)

https://www.nielsen.com/data-center/top-ten/
    https://www.ratingsryan.com/2024/02/...ending_24.html

The show is successful.
    Not by what you just posted. You showed that middle of last MONTH Echo managed to place TENTH in that streaming chart. That'd put it the week it came out, when its views would be highest. It currently has no buzz, people just don't care anymore, and really never did by those numbers. For that week, something called Bluey did way better than Echo, (and I understand Bluey is an animated children's story about my dog, so good on you only Disney streaming thing that seemed to do well that week).
    Last edited by achilles; 02-12-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Bluey is really funny.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Not by what you just posted. You showed that middle of last MONTH Echo managed to place TENTH in that streaming chart. That'd put it the week it came out, when its views would be highest. It currently has no buzz, people just don't care anymore, and really never did by those numbers. For that week, something called Bluey did way better than Echo, (and I understand Bluey is an animated children's story about my dog, so good on you only Disney streaming thing that seemed to do well that week).
    Bluey has been top ten watched shows for years. Kids love that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Bluey is really funny.
    Best Childrens show out right now. That is some quality stuff that I love watching with or without the 8YO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Best Childrens show out right now. That is some quality stuff that I love watching with or without the 8YO.
    Yes, I've heard its good.

Extraordinary Member

It was successful when it came out and we have to wait until next week to see if it's in over top ten or the top original streaming shows.
    Anyway the show was/is successful when it came out and most shows don't stay in top ten anyway,but they are still successful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It was successful when it came out and we have to wait until next week to see if it's in over top ten or the top original streaming shows.
    Anyway the show was/is successful when it came out and most shows don't stay in top ten anyway,but they are still successful.
    I keep on hearing that it was successful when it came out, and yet the numbers cited suggest it was a flop rather than a hit.

was it revealed how TV Echo lost her leg?