Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Echo

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Okay, I saw one one of the YT reviews say it's because it's a mail truck and it was so the driver could be close to the mailboxes. Never knew that.
    Did you ever live in the Country? I saw modified mail vehicles all the time and not just the little USPS trucks...

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I don't mind Kingpin using tech...just so long as it isn't in a Daredevil book. Spider-Man it's a perfect fit, since his book is all about science. As for The Punisher, as long as it isn't too much further out than what we already have, I can't say I mind that much, either (that said, I really don't read much Punisher these days). As for Matt, the one thing I like about him the most is that he's pretty grounded (despite his super sensory powers). I like ninjas. I like boxers. I like superheroes. Anything else is just superfluous and unnecessary.
    It's funny that you mention the fact that Matt is fairly grounded. Which I do agree to a certain extent that he is. But the radioactive substance he was exposed to does make Daredevil a "tech" character in my opinion. A little bit like the Hulk.

Does Maya have a love interest in the series yet? Or is that saved for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Does Maya have a love interest in the series yet? Or is that saved for next season?
    No Daredevil She Hulk sex in this show

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It's funny that you mention the fact that Matt is fairly grounded. Which I do agree to a certain extent that he is. But the radioactive substance he was exposed to does make Daredevil a "tech" character in my opinion. A little bit like the Hulk.
    I like the fact that DD's powers aren't physical in the least. That to be as good as he is in a fight he actually has to train for it like anybody else. I think one of the things I like most about DD is what Frank Miller saw in the character before taking him on - that he's more defined by what he doesn't have (sight) than what he does. That's a character you can root for.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

ECHO
    TOMATOMETER 74%
    6.70 out of 10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 63%
    3.4 out of 5 average rating
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/echo/s01
    Last edited by mace11; 01-23-2024 at 02:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    ECHO
    TOMATOMETER 74%
    6.70 out of 10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 63%
    3.4 out of 5 average rating
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/echo/s01#episodes
    Okay, so for those like me who don't know, what do those numbers mean? What are good scores? Keeping in mind that even I know RT isn't trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I like the fact that DD's powers aren't physical in the least. That to be as good as he is in a fight he actually has to train for it like anybody else. I think one of the things I like most about DD is what Frank Miller saw in the character before taking him on - that he's more defined by what he doesn't have (sight) than what he does. That's a character you can root for.
    Well, it is true in real life that people who suffer from disabilities in one of their senses often do have their other senses enhanced. So to me, that does reflect reality. I guess you could say Matt is a modern day Helen Keller who can fight? Don't know much about his relationship with Echo. Stopped reading comics when she was introduced. I'm sad the show had some mixed reviews, but I AM happy that deaf, disabled and indigenous people REALLY enjoyed it (from what I understand). I mean Disney was making Pocahontas and Lone Ranger movies not that long ago, and to see Marvel do a show by and for Native Americans/Canadians is an important cultural milestone in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Vincent D'Onofrio Addresses Kingpin's Survival From Echo's Attack in Hawkeye Finale
    Vincent D'Onofrio has some good news for the fans left bewildered by Kingpin's survival after the Hawkeye finale.
    https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-born-a...cent-donofrio/

Vincent D'Onofrio Reveals Why Marvel Finally Made Netflix's Daredevil Series Canon
    Vincent D'Onofrio discusses how Daredevil: Born Again brought the Defenders' saga into the MCU canon and provides an update on Kingpin's fate.
    https://www.cbr.com/vincent-donofrio...n-again-canon/
    Last edited by mace11; 01-20-2024 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Vincent D'Onofrio Addresses Kingpin's Survival From Echo's Attack in Hawkeye Finale
    Vincent D'Onofrio has some good news for the fans left bewildered by Kingpin's survival after the Hawkeye finale.

Vincent D'Onofrio Reveals Why Marvel Finally Made Netflix's Daredevil Series Canon
    Vincent D'Onofrio discusses how Daredevil: Born Again brought the Defenders' saga into the MCU canon and provides an update on Kingpin's fate.
    Yeah that's the same link twice, the link addressing how Marvel made Netflix's Daredevil series canon.

He "addresses" it by saying something along the lines of if you read the comics you know Kingpin doesn't ever really die. That's it. I assumed it was a bionic eye, but this link of theories from 2021 posited he might have a variant of the super soldier serum running through his veins (courtesy of the Power Broker (Sharon Carter)).

Or, well, he simply "got better" works for me too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yeah that's the same link twice, the link addressing how Marvel made Netflix's Daredevil series canon.
    Edited above.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't get the hate this show seems to be getting, it was a pretty good watch in my eyes.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't get the hate this show seems to be getting, it was a pretty good watch in my eyes.
    It probably was not what people wanted. It was ok in my eyes...

People should go back and read her first character arc in Daredevil (1998) #51, where it was a lot of exposition and the art was not your typical comic book art but more of a trippy dream.
    I think the Series played a little bit on that.

Astonishing Member

Finished up watching it. Defiantly different. Oddly edited. But overall I liked it. Pretty emotional at the end I think. I kind of liked the risks they took and how it all came together. And the actress defiantly has a presence.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    After a decade of hating on Marvel that niche group has started to turn the tide of some folks opinions.
    I'm not saying the output hasn't been more uneven the last few years but it hasn't been the dreck the Haters insist some output is.
    Echo is one such example.

It was enjoyable. Was it Winter Soldier, no. Was it directed by Uwe Boll, no to that also but you'd think it was to listen/read their diatribe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime