Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, that comes off like saying it's totally okay what he did just because the people he happened to do it to were criminals who had it coming to them and that counts as justice, especially if the person who did it gets a "Free Pass" because he saved the world in broad daylight multiple times and people are none the wiser that he was basically a vigilante serial killer.
    I mean, I'd like to introduce everyone to the Punisher, ladies and gentlemen, and how big of a hit his series was. And he never even participated in saving the world even once.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, I'd like to introduce everyone to the Punisher, ladies and gentlemen, and how big of a hit his series was. And he never even participated in saving the world even once.
    Yeah, but there's a reason a lot of heroes are uncomfortable with the Punisher and what he does, and why he doesn't get depicted the way Clint was in his own show.

Mighty Member

Marvel's Echo to Release Every Episode on the Same Day This November

Marvel's Echo is finally headed to Disney+ — and it will be breaking format along with it. On Tuesday afternoon, Marvel Studios announced that all episodes of Echo will premiere on Disney+ on Wednesday, November 29th, as opposed to episodes being released on a weekly basis. This comes after the sophomore season of Marvel's Loki will begin debuting on Friday, October 6th.

This makes Echo the first Marvel Studios Disney+ series to release in a binge model, after every previous show within the franchise has typically had a multi-episode premiere, followed by a weekly release model leading up to its season or series finale.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Great. Week to week release of a show built for a streamer is so last century.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Great. Week to week release of a show built for a streamer is so last century.
    right, which is why every streamer besides netflix has gone back to at least partial week to week release for new shows. Yeah you might have to have more than just the premiere to hook viewers, but most do 2 maybe 3 eps initially then week to week for the rest.

to me this is a more of a sign that they don't think this one is likely to build an audience over time, meaning they don't have much confidence in the show. i could be wrong though, and certainly it would make sense for D+ to at least experiment with different release schedules.

hopefully i'm way off base and it turns out to be a great show. certainly i don't think most have major expectations for it so it could turn out to be a pleasant surprise

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    right, which is why every streamer besides netflix has gone back to at least partial week to week release for new shows. Yeah you might have to have more than just the premiere to hook viewers, but most do 2 maybe 3 eps initially then week to week for the rest.

to me this is a more of a sign that they don't think this one is likely to build an audience over time, meaning they don't have much confidence in the show. i could be wrong though, and certainly it would make sense for D+ to at least experiment with different release schedules.

hopefully i'm way off base and it turns out to be a great show. certainly i don't think most have major expectations for it so it could turn out to be a pleasant surprise
    Disney Plus has a few series they release all at once, (Muppets Mayhem being the most recent.) This doesn't necessarily indicate their faith or lack thereof.

This surprises me.

On the more risky or out there shows, expect this approach. Hawkeye was less watched than most of the shows and this is an offshoot of that. So yah I think this means Disney doesn't think this show will sustain people over multiple weeks. They also learned their lesson from Ms. Marvel, which had some real klinker installments in the middle that made people lose interest.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

There was nothing in her scenes in Hawkeye that make me want to see a whole show about her. This episode dump does not bode well.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There was nothing in her scenes in Hawkeye that make me want to see a whole show about her. This episode dump does not bode well.
    I agree. She was like watching paint dry. I fear it's more of the Disney machine and the push for diversity. I am all for diversity just make it make sense and make it a compelling story. I will give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    I agree. She was like watching paint dry. I fear it's more of the Disney machine and the push for diversity. I am all for diversity just make it make sense and make it a compelling story. I will give it a shot.
    I agree, a deaf native American was too much for them to pass up, even if she was a dull character from the get go.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Why does a diverse hire have to prove themselves more than any other? If the actress/character doesn't hit them cool. But don't blame it on "diversity." When a hetero white male character sucks, nobody brings up their race/gender/etc. Treat Echo the same.
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 05-19-2023 at 01:46 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This just about sums it up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Why does a diverse hire have to prove themselves more than any other? If the actress/character doesn't hit them cool. But don't blame it on "diversity." When a hetero white male character sucks, nobody brings up their race/gender/etc. Treat Echo the same.
    Oh stop already. All aboard the white male bashing train. We are talking about Echo. Why bring up white hetero males? Nobody can ever have an opinion on here without the hetero white male hate being thrown in. Most of what Disney has been putting out the last couple of years has been to appease certain people. That's fine. My point is make it a compelling character and story. That is the key to making a show successful. Don't just tick boxes. Don't start the race/gender/sexuality debate again.

Oh stop already. All aboard the white male bashing train. We are talking about Echo. Why bring up white hetero males? Nobody can ever have an opinion on here without the hetero white male hate being thrown in. Most of what Disney has been putting out the last couple of years has been to appease certain people. That's fine. My point is make it a compelling character and story. That is the key to making a show successful. Don't just tick boxes. Don't start the race/gender/sexuality debate again.
    Um, where exactly did I bash white men? I didn't say anything derogatory about them so you stop it. You're not a victim.

What I did say is you don't need to mention a character's race, ethnicity, etc in order to criticize them ad it has no bearing. I also correctly pointed out how you wouldn't do the same to straight, white males. That's not bashing lol

Who said they're "just ticking boxes," though? Again, why do minorities have to prove themselves? Whether consciously or subconsciously, that's what you're doing when you say they "need to be compelling."
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 05-19-2023 at 07:28 AM.