Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
DC doesn't have continuity anymore, just a random combination of alternate/contradictory timelines mashed together.

In this comic Dick and Kara are as old as they are in this comic. That is the continuity. DC doesn't care how or if that fits with anything else.
Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
Either Waid or his editor didn't factor that into the equation or has a surprise in stored. During his AMA Waid struck me as a guy who doesn't pay attention to the current comics. So, it's up in the air for now, we just know this is Mark Waid writing his dream book. He want to write his stories without trying to figure out how it fit to other books, hence no married Superman and Dick is Robin. It can be retcon'd anytime without much fuss, I'm guessing. Correct me if I am wrong.

So, my question is: If Dick is 17-18, does that mean Jason died one-year into being Robin? Tim was Robin for six or seven years? Damian has only been Robin for three years? So, how long has Jason Todd been back alive?

Maybe I am overthinking this. My math is off, I just know it.
Yep!

I think this book is a prime example of editorial allowing writers to play fast and loose with continuity. If it leads to good stories that are enjoyable, all for it. In this book's instance, it helps that it takes place in a loosely and undefined some time in the near past.

Re: Kara... at first was rather ambivalent about the outfit design, but I'm really starting to dig the yellow highlights around the arms and shoulders.