Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supergirl's age in World's Finest 2022?

So the World's Finest 2022 came out and it said Dick is around 18 and set in the not too distant past. So I know he and Kara had some romance and it had me wondering, how old is she meant to be in this? Is she older or younger?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofPride View Post
    So the World's Finest 2022 came out and it said Dick is around 18 and set in the not too distant past. So I know he and Kara had some romance and it had me wondering, how old is she meant to be in this? Is she older or younger?
    over 18, I wanna say 21, but not 100% sure.

Amazing Member

Why is this thread a thing?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    Why is this thread a thing?
    Because it doesn't make any sense to have her be a contemporary of Robin when she's canonically 21 right now.

Anyway if we say that Dick is in his mid-20s right now to Kara's 21, there's like a 4-5 year difference. She'd have to be like 14.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Because it doesn't make any sense to have her be a contemporary of Robin when she's canonically 21 right now.

Anyway if we say that Dick is in his mid-20s right now to Kara's 21, there's like a 4-5 year difference. She'd have to be like 14.
    Doesn't the comic imply romance between them though? like 14 and 17-18 is icky and I doubt DC would do that

She's not drawn 14, no way

I think what's going on here, is that they're going by pre-Crisis continuity, when Kara would indeed be around Dick's age, or slightly older. The problem is that she was rebooted and is now closer to Tim Drake's age. Though if they explain her 2005 return as a resurrection instead of a reboot, Kara would now seem younger due to not aging when she was dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dan gave an answer:
    https://imgur.com/a/Au4xxeL
    with Dick said to be 18ish, we can assume Kara is too

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    Doesn't the comic imply romance between them though? like 14 and 17-18 is icky and I doubt DC would do that
    Take it up with the editors! I do agree it's gross though.

She's not drawn 14, no way
    Didn't say she was. I said she'd have to be.

Dan gave an answer:
    https://imgur.com/a/Au4xxeL
    with Dick said to be 18ish, we can assume Kara is too
    Then this book is out of continuity.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Then this book is out of continuity.
    DC doesn't have continuity anymore, just a random combination of alternate/contradictory timelines mashed together.

In this comic Dick and Kara are as old as they are in this comic. That is the continuity. DC doesn't care how or if that fits with anything else.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Yeah, this is about as much in continuity as Taylor's Superman run.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think what's going on here, is that they're going by pre-Crisis continuity, when Kara would indeed be around Dick's age, or slightly older. The problem is that she was rebooted and is now closer to Tim Drake's age. Though if they explain her 2005 return as a resurrection instead of a reboot, Kara would now seem younger due to not aging when she was dead.
    Are we talking before Dick got aged up or after?

Either Waid or his editor didn't factor that into the equation or has a surprise in stored. During his AMA Waid struck me as a guy who doesn't pay attention to the current comics. So, it's up in the air for now, we just know this is Mark Waid writing his dream book. He want to write his stories without trying to figure out how it fit to other books, hence no married Superman and Dick is Robin. It can be retcon'd anytime without much fuss, I'm guessing. Correct me if I am wrong.

So, my question is: If Dick is 17-18, does that mean Jason died one-year into being Robin? Tim was Robin for six or seven years? Damian has only been Robin for three years? So, how long has Jason Todd been back alive?

Maybe I am overthinking this. My math is off, I just know it.

You're not far off, Damian was 10 when he became Robin and is now 14. Jason was resurrected probably five years ago in-universe, it would've been not long before Damian showed up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're not far off, Damian was 10 when he became Robin and is now 14. Jason was resurrected probably five years ago in-universe, it would've been not long before Damian showed up.
    And now Kara is stuck in this really weird age group.