Page 47 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You sure about that? I haven't read Thor in awhile but dunno about that one.
    They're occasionally sort of given their due, I think the last time I cared was during Bendis New Avengers run but even though Wrecker was still shown to be powerful he was still played up as comically dumb.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Even though they seem to only appear to get jobbed, they are meant to be tough jobbers at least.

When we see the WC again on the show, I want to see how Bulldozer is supposed to ram people with his head wearing that helmet. It looks like it'd fall off.

Incredible Member

I'm just hoping that Crusher and Skeeter get together using the prison pen pal program.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    I know Skrulls can copy power sets but being a master of the mystic arts is more than a power set it takes years of study. So unless Wong was replaced decades ago would a skrull be able to become Sorcerer Supreme?
    That would be interesting if Wong were a Skrull. I wonder if he would just be using advanced Skrull technology to look like he's using magic.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That would be interesting if Wong were a Skrull. I wonder if he would just be using advanced Skrull technology to look like he's using magic.
    Not unless Strange is a Skrull, too. He'd have to know if Wong wasn't really using magic, right?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see what the point of them is as jokes because at some point you'd think you'd need intimidating antagonists. I mean, Jen already streamrolled Titania and she's supposed to be her archenemy, but Titania might get an upgrade too.

The Wrecking Crew are supposed to be on Thor and Hulk level, not a group that I could see Daredevil or Hawkeye taking out.
    Oh, over-muscled knuckleheads can be really dangerous antagonists if played right. Just think how much horror a few idiots with guns conspiracy theory social media connections have wrought.

I won't bet Disney+ will be this smart about it, but they can also be tragic if you give some thought to what would make idiots decide there's no route to bettering themselves but smash and grab.

Astonishing Member

I don't see what the point of them is as jokes because at some point you'd think you'd need intimidating antagonists. I mean, Jen already streamrolled Titania and she's supposed to be her archenemy, but Titania might get an upgrade too.

The Wrecking Crew are supposed to be on Thor and Hulk level, not a group that I could see Daredevil or Hawkeye taking out.
    I remember in the classic first Secret Wars the Wrecker hurt Colossus pretty bad and then the whole crew with Titania, Absorbing Man, and Dr. Octopus put She-Hulk into a coma.

They were a legit threat for decades then they turned into a laughingstock for some reason. Even the Runaways beat them up.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    They're superpowered construction guys(some of them wearing what looks like bondage gear) and they are definitely inherently more silly than Jen and that's okay as not everything needs to be intimidating especially as the show is a comedy.
    I know, but on-paper they should be pretty formidable...of course that's not always what happens .
    Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    I'm just hoping that Crusher and Skeeter get together using the prison pen pal program.
    It would be nice to see Absorbing Man and Titania's romance show up in the MCU. Although personality-wise Titania seems pretty different here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I remember in the classic first Secret Wars the Wrecker hurt Colossus pretty bad and then the whole crew with Titania, Absorbing Man, and Dr. Octopus put She-Hulk into a coma.

They were a legit threat for decades then they turned into a laughingstock for some reason. Even the Runaways beat them up.
    It happens.

Like, look at Bane over at DC. Dude literally broke Batman and was a major threat in the 90's but now he's treated as an over-muscled jobber who gets taken out in five seconds when you slice his venom tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    They did have Absorbing Man in Agents of SHIELD already (and killed him off), but I guess that's not canon to the main MCU anymore.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

that guy did such a great job as crusher, just reconstitute him like they did in the comics and away you go.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Number 2 the "Cat Calling" thing if these guys think it's ok then why do most men get annoyed if their Girlfriend/Wife, Little Sister, or especially Daughter is cat called in front of them? Also it isn't a competition about what she went through in life vs Bruce it's about she has already learned how to deal with anger and suppressing it when needed and forget being a woman anyone who has ever worked in Retail, Food Service, Aids/Nurses, Tech Support, or any Service industry can relate to that.
    But the writers turned it into a competition. When Bruce tells her she needs to learn how to control her anger, she belittles Bruce as if to say, "i go through so much more than you do."

I mean really... the belittling of the hell Bruce has been through... very weird I thought.
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 09-05-2022 at 09:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    But the writers turned it into a competition. When Bruce tells her she needs to learn how to control her anger, she belittles Bruce as if to say, "i go through so much more than you do."

I mean really... the belittling of the hell Bruce has been through... very weird I thought.
    That’s one way to look at it….I guess. Another take is that before Bruce became the Hulk he was not in control of his anger and emotions. Which is one reason it took him 15 years to get where he is. He was making the assumption that Jen would have the exact same struggle.

She was trying to get him to understand that her situation is different because she has a better handle on her anger and emotions so she doesn’t need to go through the same journey as him.

That’s not belittling his struggle with his Hulk persona. It’s an explanation for why she doesn’t have that same struggle.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It would be nice to see Absorbing Man and Titania's romance show up in the MCU. Although personality-wise Titania seems pretty different here.
    Assuming it's still canon Cruel got killed in Agents of Shield. He turned himself into gravitonium and got absorb by Talbot to become Graviton.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Assuming it's still canon Cruel got killed in Agents of Shield. He turned himself into gravitonium and got absorb by Talbot to become Graviton.
    Let’s all say it together. Agents of Shield is not canon to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Let’s all say it together. Agents of Shield is not canon to the MCU.
    ......yet.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans