Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The writers of this show want care more about the comedy than action. What we got so far has been very brief and typically ends with a punchline
    Probably the best fight's been Jen vs Bruce in episode 1 and that wasn't completely serious.

Although I assume they're probably saving something that can give Jen a real fight for the finale.

I imagine a scene with She-Hulk probably costs a lot more, and takes a lot more work, than a scene with Jen. Those early scenes with both Hulks, especially the fight, were probably the most expensive in the series, so far. They probably will shell out more for finale episodes, but ... tv show budget, not Avengers-movie budget.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, there's Secret Wars and the X-men coming, but yeah, they saved the good stuff for too late, for reasons no one can understand (why the hell there's F4 and Captain America movies only in 2024? X-men ever later?).

I guess after the gambles in stuff like GotG and Ant-Man paid off, Feige thought they could get away with it throwing everything with a Marvel logo that people would love it. The fact they're still insisting on Taskmaster and making Thunderbolts Black Widow 2.0 (without Natasha) and apparently there's an Eternals 2 coming up also indicates they're not course correcting like they used to do.
    That’s how Feige course corrects. He takes something that’s not working like Thor in The Dark World and he and the writers make changes that hopefully work like Ragnarok. That’s better than dumping it entirely. Black Widow and even Eternals weren’t so bad that nothing can be salvaged from them. Hulk had two so so movies but he still plays a major part in the MCU and I’m sure they would give him another crack at a movie if not for the mess with Universal or was it Paramount.

Either way they have been experimenting which is good because people were saying that it was all the same. So at least they shook things up a little and of course not everyone is going to enjoy everything. I think it’s better than making Iron Man and Captain America/Steve Rogers movies over and over like WB/DC used to do with Superman and Batman. Gotta give new characters a chance.

When Mallory mentioned that she was married did anybody else picture Awesome Andy?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think Phase 5 will be make or break for MCU's future. They can't keep having these kinds of mixed negative reactions.
    Its only mixed because Marvel are experimenting and they need to do that because they've had a relative "sameness" across their productions for awhile now.

Another point is we had a clear storyline through Phases 1 - 3. Most were expecting it to keep going and building after Thanos was beaten. But they fail to realise (of perhaps are just impatient to see) that Phase 4 is technically Phase 1 again. They are laying threads pointing to Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars as we speak.

But is there a mystery in Phase 4 like there was in the original Phase 1?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Niffleheim

Was there really a mystery in phase 1 or was it just new and they were actually connecting one movie and the next? they don't seem to consistently bother with that anymore.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    But is there a mystery in Phase 4 like there was in the original Phase 1?
    What was the mystery? Thanos?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Was there really a mystery in phase 1 or was it just new and they were actually connecting one movie and the next? they don't seem to consistently bother with that anymore.
    The threads in phase 1 was to set up the Avengers and introduce the various items that'll be revealed to be the Infinity Stones. But it all built to the introduction of Thanos.

Phase 4 has multiple threads going on -
    Kang
    The Multiverse
    The formation of the Thunderbolts to replace the Avengers
    Whatever is going on with Hulk
    The intelligensia (Who in the comics had ties to the Leader)
    The setting up of the supernatural

They all seem disconnected at the moment but they'll eventually tie together.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    That’s how Feige course corrects. He takes something that’s not working like Thor in The Dark World and he and the writers make changes that hopefully work like Ragnarok. That’s better than dumping it entirely. Black Widow and even Eternals weren’t so bad that nothing can be salvaged from them. Hulk had two so so movies but he still plays a major part in the MCU and I’m sure they would give him another crack at a movie if not for the mess with Universal or was it Paramount.

Either way they have been experimenting which is good because people were saying that it was all the same. So at least they shook things up a little and of course not everyone is going to enjoy everything. I think it’s better than making Iron Man and Captain America/Steve Rogers movies over and over like WB/DC used to do with Superman and Batman. Gotta give new characters a chance.
    The fact they're still insisting on Taskmaster when even people that loved BW see the characters as a dud and Eternals apparently will be a movie (when they would be more suited to a TV show) gives me pause. He also had the same writer of BW on Thunderbolts

Extraordinary Member

Most of phase 4 does not have mixed reviews however.
    Phase 4 for example is rating higher on average by critic and audiences then phase 1 and 2 and it's not even over yet.

MCU phase 4 canon comicbook movies and shows ratings update.
    Critics and Audience Consensus
    Movies
    BLACK WIDOW 79% Average Rating: 6.9/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91% Average Rating: 4.5/5

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS 91% 7.50 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 98% Average Rating: 4.8/5

ETERNALS 47% Average Rating 5.60 /10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 78% Average Rating: 4.0/5

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME 94% Average Rating: 7.9/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 99% Average Rating: 4.9/5

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS 74% Average Rating: 4.3/5
    AUDIENCE SCORE 85% Average Rating: 4.3/5

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER 64% 6.40 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 77% 4 out of 5 average rating
    7.85/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 88%
    4.4/5 Avg rating

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER 84%
    7.20/10 Avg rating
    AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE 82%
    4.3 Avg rating

LOKI 92%
    7.90/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91%
    4.5 Avg rating

WHAT IF...?: SEASON 94%
    7.95/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 94%
    4.7 Avg rating

HAWKEYE 92%
    7.55/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91%
    4.5/5 Avg rating

MOON KNIGHT 87%
    7.65/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91%
    4.6/5 Avg rating

MS. MARVEL 98%
    8.20/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 81%
    4.2/5 Avg rating
    Note- ms.marvel's AUDIENCE rt scores/ratings was reviewed bomb and the audience score would have been higher.The ms.marvel's AUDIENCE ratings was reviewed bomb before the show even came out but still has great reviews from the audience.

I AM GROOT 87%
    7.70/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 76%
    3.9 out of 5 average rating

SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW 87%
    AUDIENCE SCORE 37%
    Avg rating 2.3/5
    Note- She hulk's AUDIENCE rt scores/ratings was reviewed bomb and the audience score would have been much higher.The she hulk's AUDIENCE ratings was reviewed bomb before the show even came out.

Now looking at the ratings from the critics and audiences for the mcu films,the average person or most would say there are no bad or mediocre mcu movies. All mcu films are fresh from either the audience,critics or both. Even if eternals has a rotten from critics the average score is good (5.3/10) and it's not a rotten from audience and has higher rt score and average score from them.

Folks who are saying phase 4 is not as good as past phases are a loud minority(on the internet for example) and what they say do not match up with what the scores are on rt for example.
    In real life most audience think phase 4 is the best phase(tv and movies)looking at the RT SCORES and most critics think phase 3 is best phase so far then phase 4(combination tv shows and movies)is the next best phase LOOKING AT THE RT SCORES.

To make clear iron man was the start of phase 1 and WandaVision was the start for phase 4. Now iron man was like more then wandvision but WandaVision had stronger average ratings. So critics and audiences thought phase 4 started out stronger then phase 1.
    Anyway phase 4 is view to be stronger then phase 1 and on average from both critics and audiences.

Moon knight and she hulk have really high ratings from critics.
    MOON knight has really high ratings from the audiences and audiences score for she- hulk has gone way up and down,because it was being reviewed bombed.
    We will have to wait until more episodes are shown or the end of season 1 to see what the score will be but was/is being reviewed bombed on RT,so the critic score will be more of the true score or the true score.

Now thor 4 maybe a huge decline but there are other mcu films and shows most critics and audience think are not. Now doctor strange 2 for critics is a huge decline but not for audiences.
    Ms marvel is a huge up for critics because it is highest rated mcu project ever.
    Now for audiences it was reviewed bombed but still got really good scores. Moon knight and she hulk have really high ratings from critics.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-25-2022 at 09:32 AM.

Incredible Member

The fact they're still insisting on Taskmaster when even people that loved BW see the characters as a dud and Eternals apparently will be a movie (when they would be more suited to a TV show) gives me pause. He also had the same writer of BW on Thunderbolts
    I mean that’s fine if you feel that way but Taskmaster is one villain and not even the worst villain in the MCU. The “Mandarin” from IM3 was more hated and they brought him back for Shang Chi. It’s not like it’s impossible to rework Taskmaster especially since the character is just one member of a team. We don’t even know if it’s the same person under the mask so I would say wait and see what happens in Thunderbolts. They could even pull a Suicide Squad and kill off Taskmaster in the first half of the movie.

Eternals could easily be fixed with a new director and maybe a few less members. The only real challenge is getting the public to go see another one.

It’s interesting. The things that give you pause I see as a positive sign. Marvel is still willing to try new things and they don’t simply abandon an idea if it’s not an immediate hit. I think that’s healthier long term than playing it safe and only doing what has worked before.
    Last edited by HollowSage; 09-25-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I imagine a scene with She-Hulk probably costs a lot more, and takes a lot more work, than a scene with Jen. Those early scenes with both Hulks, especially the fight, were probably the most expensive in the series, so far. They probably will shell out more for finale episodes, but ... tv show budget, not Avengers-movie budget.

I just don't have much confidence in Marvel Studios' handling of Hulk stuff given their past track record. Or they'll just give Hulk stuff to other properties like they're doing with the Leader, like they have spinoff characters doing major storylines for the major characters they can't use anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    When Mallory mentioned that she was married did anybody else picture Awesome Andy?
    I thought of Two-Gun Kid.
    I mean that’s fine if you feel that way but Taskmaster is one villain and not even the worst villain in the MCU. The “Mandarin” from IM3 was more hated and they brought him back for Shang Chi. It’s not like it’s impossible to rework Taskmaster especially since the character is just one member of a team. We don’t even know if it’s the same person under the mask so I would say wait and see what happens in Thunderbolts. They could even pull a Suicide Squad and kill off Taskmaster in the first half of the movie.
    The actress from BW was attached to Thunderbolts.

Apparently she can play more comedic/hammy roles so maybe she could actually pull off playing Taskmaster if they let her.

Mighty Member

That's a funny thing to say when Natasha's first appearance in IM2 could pretty easily be classed the same way. She sucked, and is one of the worst parts of a pretty bad movie. But they managed to make her badass later, why can't they try to do the same thing for Taskmaster?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That's a funny thing to say when Natasha's first appearance in IM2 could pretty easily be classed the same way. She sucked, and is one of the worst parts of a pretty bad movie. But they managed to make her badass later, why can't they try to do the same thing for Taskmaster?
    I want the actual Taskmaster and not the in name only character we got in BW. BW sucked in IM2 but the core of the character was there. That's not the case for Taskmaster.