Page 72 of 89 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1324

Wow that was really bad. The second that it turned out that Emil was in on it and everything started colliding, it all just became a nonsensical trip. I know that She-Hulk is known to break the 4th wall but this finale was basically Gwenpool in She-Hulk’s body hijacking the finale with meta commentary that this show didn’t earn. This series never really felt like the writers actually understood She-Hulk or Jen Walters as a character from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wow that was really bad. The second that it turned out that Emil was in on it and everything started colliding, it all just became a nonsensical trip. I know that She-Hulk is known to break the 4th wall but this finale was basically Gwenpool in She-Hulk’s body hijacking the finale with meta commentary that this show didn’t earn. This series never really felt like the writers actually understood She-Hulk or Jen Walters as a character from start to finish.
    This kind of reads like you never read the Byrne run of the character.

Also them using "We Run This" as the song in the end credits was so awesome! That's one of my favorite Missy songs.

I was waiting for Cleavon Little and Harvey Korman to show up fighting, but it didn't happen.
    Loved how K.E.V.I.N. had a little Hood over the Lenses to look like a hat. I always see Kevin with a hate in a lot of his publicity shots etc. I know hoods are common but it just looked like a lid to a hat to me.
    Over all, once all the Hulks etc showed up, I started rolling my eyes, thankfully they saved it.
    Not a fan of the guest that Bruce brought at the end.
    Overall it was an ok Season Finale.

Astonishing Member

She Hulk 4th Wall.jpg

She Hulk was doing this sort of thing literally decades before Gwenpool ever appeared.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was on board for this episode until the 4th wall breaking took center stage. The episode lost the plot when that happened. I like my 4th wall breaking in small doses not when it becomes the driving force. It was genuinely funny I will give it that.

Incredible Member

This was the funniest episode by far to me. The whole talk with K.E.V.I.N. was so self aware.

If nothing else no one can accuse She Hulk of being the same old MCU superpowered fight finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    She Hulk 4th Wall.jpg

She Hulk was doing this sort of thing literally decades before Gwenpool ever appeared.
    Yep. I was sitting here watching it thinking "Sigh a fist fight ah well" then when they did THIS (the above) I was like "oh yeah its a She-Hulk show!" That was basically the modern interpretation of the above pic you posted.

My one lone complaint? I guess spoiler tags since this just aired last night (this morning):
    spoilers:
    Skaar's haircut wtf was the CGI not finished or something?
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

I really enjoyed the 4th wall break that took over the episode, but this was still a stupid finale. Should have been one more episode to give the show an actual ending that felt earned and not just tacked on because they ran out of money. Still, K.E.V.I.N. kind of saves the day. That entire bit was brilliant and I'm willing to let a lot go because of it.

That said, this was a weak and largely forgettable series that was almost exclusively carried by Tatianna Maslany being brilliant. I can honestly say I don't think I'll waste my time if they make more, but I hope she shows up elsewhere in the MCU.

Incredible Member

Don't think Emil was actually "in" on it. Seemed like he was just hired as a motivational speaker for the group without knowing all the group had done to Jen.

Turning into Abonimation to give the speech was probably part of the agreement to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Don't think Emil was actually "in" on it. Seemed like he was just hired as a motivational speaker for the group without knowing all the group had done to Jen.

Turning into Abonimation to give the speech was probably part of the agreement to get paid.
    That's how I took it. His responses to the group were boilerplate, nothing specific to what they were trying to achieve.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yep. I was sitting here watching it thinking "Sigh a fist fight ah well" then when they did THIS (the above) I was like "oh yeah its a She-Hulk show!" That was basically the modern interpretation of the above pic you posted.
    Yeah, the finale was great!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

spoilers:
    Not going to lie, I grabbed the remote when Jenn jumped into the Disney Plus Interface. I thought there was a glitch and it shut the show down...Then she started talking. Pretty good!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    spoilers:
    Not going to lie, I grabbed the remote when Jenn jumped into the Disney Plus Interface. I thought there was a glitch and it shut the show down...Then she started talking. Pretty good!
    end of spoilers
    That was well played. I didn't do that (what you did) but I did think it was real.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

That's how I saw it as well. Emil was the one big flaw in this ending to me. It seemed Jen screwed him over for no real reason. Yes, he turned into abomination but he wasn't hurting anyone. Even during the chaos timeline he helped protect her from them. Then she just gets him sent back to prison for 10 more years like it was just desserts.